Reviews for Decommissioned
Guest chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
Fabulous ... simply FABULOUS story!
Thankyou!
I look forward to checking out your Oober stories!
Kallanit chapter 5 . 8/25/2011
Much as I loved Stargate, one of the things that used to frustrate me was that there wasn't time for them to explore feelings and reactions in any detail and yet, with the amount of horrific things the characters saw and experienced, there should have been some sort of emotional backlash every so often.

This story was superb, as not only was it a well-written and compelling story in its own right but it linked to and dealt excellently with previous issues that the tv series didn't cover - as in an ideal world they would hopefully have done.
hedwiggins chapter 5 . 8/4/2011
While I'm sorry this happened to Sam, I love how she went all out to get the General that had caused so much misery and shame to other women.

Love the Teal'c moment when he had the General by the throat.

I was more or less glued to the story as Sam went through all the grief over it, and found it interesting flashing back to the whole "Emancipation" episode. I always felt there should have been a lot of fall-out (on the guys) for them leaving her alone like that. And even though she's so forgiving all the time, I liked that she was so angry at them for awhile after they got home.

I had, for awhile, thought there was going to be more about the whole General-Hanson connection, and there might somehow be more to the General's revenge stuff, esp. given this is 10 years after "First Commandment", and how determined he was to disgrace her. That maybe there were others waiting to continue his rotten campaign; but also glad there wasn't.

Also love the ending with all of them camping out in Sam's living room overnight. Great teamy stuff.

At any rate, this was an excellent story, as all of yours are.
Kpasa chapter 5 . 6/12/2010
Excuse my language. But . Wow. Wow wow wow. Freaking wow. Favorited. Amazing. Head can't spit out bigger words- sorry. Too stunned.
Trouble chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
Hey I really liked your story, just one little thing if you end up writing more. Soldiers are in the U.S. Army, Airmen are in the Air Force.
PapayaK chapter 5 . 3/31/2008
Ah

Yum

Good work.
PapayaK chapter 3 . 3/31/2008
Hey - I know you posted this a while ago - but I can't wait to the end to review.

You, 7 League Boots (you'll have to explain that sometime) Are amazing. I love what you've done whith Sam. I really think she'd approve of this story. You've caught her femininity and her warrior-ness perfectly. I loved Teal'c! Perfect for him to do that. And I have to say, I loved that you included Major Davis - I don't know why, but I always loved that man - he filled his roll on Stargate so perfectly. And you wrote him so well, I could hear his voice with every word. Can't wait to read the rest!
framework4 chapter 5 . 1/26/2008
Well done.
sharp2799 chapter 5 . 10/20/2007
Wow. This was *perfect*. The characterizations and underlying threads of the past woven in current events was so *satisfying*. Thank you for this!
BettyHall223 chapter 5 . 7/26/2007
Just finished this one and must commend you on how well written it is. I just wanted someone to shoot Newcombe and do everyone a favor and get rid of him. Good story to deal with Sam's emotional baggage of the beating from Turghan. Great writing! I'm adding you to my Author Alert list.
MeadowUndertown chapter 5 . 7/22/2007
I love this!, and by 'this' i mean the whole story! hehe, the bit where sam is in the interrogation room with the dick of a General, i could just see it, i could see the whole thing playin out, but that bit made me smile, coz its just so right, it gave me goosbumps! hehe, anyway loved it!.

x
Roonie chapter 3 . 7/20/2007
Okay, this is as good a place as any to pause for a review. After reading your entire bio, I suddenly feel a moral obligation to review more frequently from now on. :-) I do pride myself on my super-long reviews, though, so buckle up.

I've gotta say, this is a terrific piece of fiction so far. Your writing style is very...mature and polished. The pacing and depth of the plot is truly worthy of a published work. Everything just seems so well thought out! I like the interesting way you opened the story. So many SG fics nowadays fall into the "go-through-the-gate-and-get-captured" category. That's not to say I dislike those stories...some of them are wonderful reads. But it does make me appreciate a gem like this all the more when I come across it.

Not only is everyone completely in character but you've even taken it up a few notches in a way that only fanfiction can...adding layer upon layer to the rather one-dimensional model provided by the show. Sam's character, for example, is obviously having some deeper issues here and I appreciate that you've taken your time in revealing that. There are several mysteries running at once here and that makes for an extremely compelling story. Also, kudos for writing Sam as the strong, capable woman that she is without losing that part of her that's still human and flawed. Sam's character is SO amazing that many authors hold her up on this ridiculously high pedestal. It's nice to see strength; but without vulnerability, it's just not as realistic or interesting.

And your villain is just the right amount of evil/psychotic without being at all over-the-top. I definitely hate the perverted old man and that's not necessarily an easy emotion to invoke...especially using an original character with no pre-established history. Well done! I loved the exchange between Newcombe and Sam in the interrogation room, by the way. Those were some GREAT lines! :-)

Alright, so enough chit-chat. Time to finish reading!
Tiarat chapter 5 . 6/30/2007
Wow. Such emotional intensity. I am amazed you sustained it so well through the whole story. The characters and interactions were well written. And the the PTSD semed very real. This is such a powerful and beautifully written story and this review is not doing it justice at all! Keep writing because I am looking forward to reading your next story.
Josephine Martin chapter 5 . 5/11/2007
A really clever idea, and very well executed. I really enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks for sharing it.
Luzita chapter 5 . 5/2/2007
Very interesting and daring story. That was an intensely shameful thing that Sam had locked up inside for so many years - and shame is something that would be harder for someone like Sam to handle than physical pain. A real emotional roller coaster ride for Sam, with the satisfaction of triumphing over her slimy opponents not quite enough to erase the anguish. This must have been a hard story to write, with the back-and-forth between present and past and the very complex emotions and interactions with her teammates, esp. Jack. But I think you really got everyone's feelings across! Well done!