Reviews for The Fourth
marwamarwa chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
This was heartbreaking; fantastic.
I wish Kyouya's mother (because I hate seeing her as Yoshio's wife) finds some form of happiness eventually.
I love the way this was written. The way everything was seen as a contract and the terms were constantly, easily used. The way Kyouya's mother had no name (which actually made me quite sad.) The parallels, the repetition. Everything was lovely.
I do feel horrible for her though. I feel maybe that if she had cared, right in the beginning, just a bit more, things might have ended differently. Though, I suppose that might have been a breach of contract. I was hoping she and Kyouya would learn to understand each other, though I suppose not.
This was a wonderful story though.
Rei Chun chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Poetic and powerful! Thank you for a lovely read.
AwkwardIdeasLeadToThis chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
D:! That was so... that was depressing TT Gosh.. But... So... Alluring o!
Ghost of the Crescent Moon chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
A wonderfully written and emotional story!
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
This one's definately a heartbreaker! T-T Beautifully done! I sympathize with Kyoya's mother, who I haven't really thought about before since she's rarely... ever? mentioned in the Host Club series. :/ Kyoya's ambition steered him a little too close to his father. Love it. 8)
Muzixfox chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
A beautiful story. i like the fact that you paint such an excellent picture of the family, and I loved the mother/wife we never see. Keep up the great work!
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
I'm seriously tempted to bow down in worship you on this. It's amazing the emotional depth and context. You explain so well the relationship Kyouya's 'mama' has with the family before his birth and after.

She should know that in the end Kyouya was/is hers. He just is a REALLY good actor...
Kurai Oujou chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
An absolutely BEAUTIFUL story. Your perspective and insight on the Ootori mother is something I know that not many would give a thought to [I certainly wouldn't]. And her emotions are so easily conveyed through your writing [and it helps that I'm an emotional teen too, but it's mostly because of you], it's just amazing. It's hard to tell you everything I thought of the story, but know that I appreciate such a great piece of writing.

Thank you.
Lady Silverhawk chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Wow, that was really, very well done.
Anna Nigma chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
This story was really interesting to me because it was told from the point of view of Kyouya's mother. Since we see absolutely nothing of her in either the manga or the anime she's a blank canvas, one that you've managed to fill admirably. The Ootoris are such an interesting family and it's always interesting to see the dynamics between them explored. Great story.
funvince chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
The truly tragic part is that Kyouya isn't really all about the merits, but the facade he keeps up even in front of his mother is what finally broke her.

Tamaki and Haruhi didn't so much change Kyouya as allow him to reveal his softer side. It is unfortunate that his mother will never know that.

This was a very touching and depressing story. Good job.
I am no longer using this acco chapter 1 . 11/17/2007
Thats sad. He was supposed to be hers. Poor mama.
silver chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
you definately deserve more than 18 reviews for this..

a beautiful insight in how Kyoya's family works.

please please keep on writing!

oh, cookies for you on writing such an elegant piece of work
cslinguist chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
I really liked this (and Trinity)! It was well written and I really liked the idea of using this for a story. It's refreshing to see a OHSHC fanfiction that does not focus on a romance between between two or more of the Host Club members (or another character/made-up character).
burnedcoldfeet chapter 1 . 6/27/2007
Wow, it is really impressive. You should write more fics.

I like this fic since it shows something that we are not used to read. It shows a side of a mother that we never saw. It made me cry [feels pathetic].

Good job.