Reviews for To friendship To generosity To ten Galleons a hair
A Dozen Lemmings chapter 4 . 7/19/2012
I seem to be favoriting a lot of your stories of late.
DailyProphetEditor chapter 4 . 8/29/2007
Hey, this was a very interesting fic. I absolutely love the first three chapters, very well done characterisations, well-written, and just... nice. Sorry, I can't find another word for it now.

Theses three chapters just describe beautifully what a true friendship is like. Two men, who get closer to each other without a hint of sexuality or childlike excitement - simply good mates. And both Hagrid and Slughorn were perfectly in character.

sorry for adding some criticism, too, but I really did not care too much for the fourth chapter. That was... hm, well, bit of an adventure story. Nicely written and all, but... unneccessary? I liked the way the first three were an ode to friendship, with this sad epilogue-like description of two friends at the funeral of a third friend. These three created a perfect mood in a slow, friendly way. I just felt that the fourth chapter did not really belong to the others, it had a different pace. But that's just MHO ;-)

Anyway, my compliments for the first three chapters.
Ayana-llama chapter 4 . 5/14/2007
Ah. That was sweet! Good job!
A Sirius Fan chapter 4 . 4/29/2007
You have a gift for characterization and capturing the little meaningful moments of life. I particularly loved that you showed Hagrid wasn't fooled by Slughorn at all, but still could appreciate him for what he was, and that an astute judge of potential like Slughorn could appreciate Hagrid's value when so many did not. I loved that Slughorn didn't immediately say no to the deatheaters, but had his doubts and fears first, and came prepared to end it on his terms. Loved the ending too
Dead-Luthien chapter 4 . 3/3/2007
Wow! I love it! The story is great. It's about true friendship. Sorry for reviewing so late but I've been really busy lately.
FrequencyQueen chapter 4 . 2/27/2007
Very funny story, in a kind of sad way. Nice play of personalities between the two.
fledge chapter 4 . 2/26/2007
Glad to see you have come to term with your writer's block called work. Wouldn't we all like to have more time for our hobby? A very different sort of story here, but, once again, brilliantly done. I don't very much like the Slughorn from canon, but you have managed to show me a very different picture here. A beautiful transition from the humour in the first one and a half chapters to the dark and tragic mood of the central part and then on towards the optimistic outlook.

I really wonder what Goblin beer might taste like? Any ideas?
Possum132 chapter 4 . 2/24/2007
Nice to read a nice story, after those nasty werewolf stories. I particularly liked the rescue and battle in the last chapter.

"Oi! Yeh lot get lost. Fang, Fluffy, get 'em!" is a delightfully in character for Hagrid.
Ember Nickel chapter 3 . 2/24/2007
"Eerie", I think.
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
To Odo!

To the next chapter...
Bibliophage chapter 4 . 2/24/2007
As usual it’s excellent, well-built _ the link between the two funerals; the very short third chapter, all the more poignant _ and very moving. You’re depiction of both Hagrid and Slughorn _ who is one of my favourite characters_ is very convincing and enjoyable. I think you’ve got a point too; these two are bound to become friends. Im eagerly waiting for new stories from you!