Reviews for Thirty Avatar Short Stories
ArtofthePlate chapter 24 . 11/18
Nice oneshot.

Bringing up that Zuko's scar is the first thing people notice about him made me realize something. Yes, it is his most distinguishing physical feature to the other characters, but the show doesn't shove it in your face. Thinking back to his introduction in the first episode, the camera isn't even focused on that side of his face: you can see it, but the animation doesn't elaborate. It's just there, and until Zhao's comment in episode 3, it held as much weight as Katara's hair loopies. It's like a muggle meeting Harry Potter; they'd notice the scar, but it wouldn't mean anything, so they wouldn't dwell on it.

After we learn the story behined Zuko's disfigurement, it is used to identify him much more often. What was just a burn mark before becomes a slice of personal history, and the new definition of his being. Like Harry played hocrux to Voldemort, believing himself doomed, Zuko's life wasn't his own as long as he let the scar define him.

When Zuko switched sides, he let go of the burden that his scar was a visual reminder of. The mark was still there, and would always be visible, but it no longer defined him. After that, the scar stopped being his identification.

Personally, when I think of Zuko, his scar isn't the first thing that comes to mind.

I still think it looks friggin' badass, though.
ArtofthePlate chapter 20 . 11/18
This is pretty much how I felt when a friend of several classmates died in a car accident. I had never actually met her before, but with everyone else in the room grieving so, it made me wonder what kind of person I had missed out on knowing.
ArtofthePlate chapter 4 . 11/18
This chapter was beautiful.
I wonder if La ever misses the Tui that Zhao killed. It seems that fish accepted Yue pretty quickly. When she became the moon, did she become Tui as well? Or an entirely new spirit of the moon?
That ending was so tranquilly sad. Perfect.
Guest chapter 30 . 9/1/2014
Great oneshots. You managed to nail these characters. My favorites were Suki's (which I think gave her more of a personality than what was seen in the show), Appa's, and Azula's.
Guest chapter 30 . 10/31/2013
These are very interesting, please make more.
Digi-fanCatt chapter 30 . 9/29/2013
Cute. :3 I loved these stories. Maybe you should make them into 40 one shots. :D
vifetoile89 chapter 12 . 9/23/2013
I've read, favorited, and loved this story for well over two years now, and I only JUST made the connection to the fact that hope was the last thing to escape/be held in Pandora's box. And I call myself a Greek Mythology buff.
I love re-reading these stories as I go rewatching the series episode-by-episode. These are so - SO - well written, and flesh out even the smallest of characters so well. Ah, yes. Until next time!
crystle111 chapter 22 . 12/8/2012
I don't know how you managed to skim the edges of Bumi's addled brain, much less wade into it like it's the simplest thing but I gotta say, I think I've been mind-fu*ked. WOW. Just wow.

You have a beautiful insight into his head. This one-shot, in my opinion, deserves a sequel. The way Iroh was first introduced to Pai Sho and the subtle intricacies of the Order of the White Lotus is mind-boggling, to say the least.
EowynofRohan13 chapter 14 . 11/22/2012
I love this one. This is exactly the sort of ending I hoped Zei would have when he decided to stay in the library, if that makes any sense.
Fyre-Flakes chapter 13 . 11/5/2012
I really don't know why. But the last sentence strikes me as fitting in so many different ways and that feeling really can't be described.

There's this sense of ironicism and maybe, judging from your title, also a sort of hint that war is never black and white, that the country you're fighting for might not be worth dying for.

I like that you give this sort of extreme and honest loyalty to the Earth Kingdom to Jet, it makes him slightly more understood and creates more sympathy towards him.

Meh. I don't know how to describe this feeling. XD But anyway, I'm loving the stories so far and expect that the rest will be just as good.

n.n Fyre-Flakes
XXCaptainUsoppXX chapter 11 . 9/14/2011
Eeeeh! That was the best Sokka-centric fic I've ever read... explores his character so perfectly! :D
Analie Janes chapter 24 . 4/6/2011
Really well written! You wrote the characterizations beautifully! I really liked the fact that the way its written is different and unique for each character. You wrote their pasts and the emotions well too. Overall, excellent job! I really enjoyed it! :)
Ricorum Scaevola chapter 29 . 2/11/2011
Good chapter. I think you meant 600 days, not 6 years, though.
Ricorum Scaevola chapter 25 . 2/11/2011
This chapter is great.
Kimberly T chapter 30 . 12/7/2010
All in all, this was a beautiful series, most of them very well done indeed!