Reviews for Snowbound: Adventures in Parenting
TheGoldenHum chapter 4 . 1/16/2009
"The Andersons"? lol. nice.
zats chapter 4 . 7/6/2008
Just reread this story because it is one of my favorites. Well written with great character interaction.
stusue chapter 4 . 3/2/2008
If only all families were that close and open ... and happy! Think of how many fewer problems there'd be in the world. I wish every child could be born into such a loving family. Wonderful story! :o)
Kayla chapter 4 . 9/15/2007
Well, aren't you intriguing... I really enjoyed your story. I found it to be a really nice take on how families can be and I appreciate the candor and wisdom Jack and Sam display in this story. Nice to see parents being really open with their kids, you display warmth and heart in this story. Plus, you are a damn good writer (whoops, can I say damn?), that's right, a darn good writer. Great characterization on the part of the parents. I could see Sam being open and listening, and I could see Jack popping out with slightly sarcastic remarks(that pothead sof America website line, classic:) SO, to summarize, nicely done, you are a gifted writer and I must go read the rest of your fine work now!

Thanks for sharing your gift

Cheers
scifithinker chapter 4 . 3/11/2007
With the exception of the last story since I don't read WIPs, I've just read all of your stories in the past week. I've really enjoyed them. I would suggest adding more detail to flesh out what you've written, but it all has solid structure and is quite entertaining.

(For some, saying a work is solid is code for saying "I can't think of anything better to say." I don't use the word that way. If a story isn't solid, there will be continuity errors that jar the story in a way that makes it much less worth reading.)

Thanks for sharing.
mara-anni chapter 4 . 3/7/2007
*sniff* Seriously i've gone all teary.

That was just beautiful - thanks so much for sharing it with us.
SeitedeMarie chapter 4 . 3/7/2007
Purdy! But short. Will the next one have more action? And sci-fi stuff?
nogigglingmajor chapter 4 . 3/7/2007
I almost don't want to read Perfect life...its the end...and I feel as sad as when i think of the end of stargate. but I will read it, i promise.
Dreamer22 chapter 4 . 3/5/2007
wow very well done, I didn't even realize when I first got the alert for this story that it was part of the alone series, as if I had realized that I would have read it sooner :-p again very well done, I enjoyed how you have Sam and Jack deal with the troubles of their children, well done.
froggy0319 chapter 4 . 3/3/2007
I am still in shock with the news that the Simpson's were cancelled in Jack's future ;) I am sure he was shell shocked as well. Loved this fic and am sad to see it end but I loved how each of the O'Neill's children are becoming their own person. Thanks for posting as always :)
BettyHall223 chapter 4 . 3/3/2007
This was so good, you're very talented! You are on my favorite authors list. I've loved all your stories of the Alone series and look forward to the next one. If you would like to keep going and going with this family's adventures, I will certainly read the stories. I think Jack and Sam getting to see their kids get married and letting them become grandparents would be absolutely fabulous! Love your writing style.
Starlover1990 chapter 4 . 3/3/2007
Again nice chapter, love it:D You ended the story very well with a little bit of Beth, because i still don't know a lot about her.

I hope that the last piece will be there very soon:)
7 League Boots chapter 3 . 3/2/2007
Excellent. I am so relieved that teenagers can be depicted as rational beings who respect parents who respect them, at least most of the time they're rational. Lovely and realistic discourse between Sam and Grace, and Jack and Jake. The parents asked just the right questions and the tension built as the two teens tread the line between truth and non-truth. Love the O'Neill family HEROES analogy, too. This was beautiful to read and well done. Looking forward to the conclusion, which will include more of Beth, I hope.
MuseUrania chapter 3 . 3/2/2007
Think that went a lot better than it could have. Then again, I don't really know. Nothing to compare it to.
mara-anni chapter 3 . 3/2/2007
Jack did brilliantly, what a Dad! I'd kill to have Jack as the father of my son - for more reasons than that one though ;)

And what a fantastic boy Jake is. Sam and Jack sure did an outstanding job as parents to have such respectful kids.

You know if Jack married me i might reconsider my tubal ligation surgery LOL :)