Reviews for The Importance of Being Esther
MangaObsessed18 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
poor shego, she just cant win.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Although the theme of this short story is basically alien to me (Up to the Wizard of Oz, which I never read or seen), I think I understood most of it. What I didn’t understand, though, was Kasy’s rant at the end about not being let be Queen Vashti and Kim’s outburst about it.

What? Kasy got jealous over Sheki’s new disguise and changed her mind, wanting it for herself, and then Kim misinterpreted something and overreacted about it? U

Anyway, I had fun reading it. I checked Wikipedia about the characters of Vashti and Esther, and now I can’t help but to wonder how exactly the dresses are going to be. Based on a movie adaptation or something?

Well, see you in next story!

Yours, “Going as Fairy Godfather” Alexander/Alexlayer.

Bye!
Itachi's aprentice chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Great work.
Wispr chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
LOL... you really captured how children are in this story.

Wispr
storyreader51 chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
When they found Drakken Shego handed him the costume and Kasy gave him the bag of shalach manos. "Girls, I had some special groggers made for you." He handed each of them a small noise maker.

The girls gave their groggers a little whirl, and Shego dropped to her knees - covering her ears, as much in surprise as pain. She steeled herself against the noise and managed to grab the noisemakers. As she reduced them to small puddles of molten metal she growled at the blue man, "Handing out noisemakers to five-year olds might be your best idea yet."

"Eh?"

"For taking over the world!"

"What?"

"You could conquer the world like that."

For someone who has both given that assault (when younger) and experienced that kind of assault (older, at Shul), Drew would definitely take over the world!

Thanks for a wonderful story!
shinneodeus chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
Shego may be getting better as a parent but that doesn't mean things will go smoothly all the time. HAHAHAH. It figures Shego would hold in such high steem a person like Vashti.A woman who gets her way in a male dominatedwould remind of herself.

Read you later.
mouserr2255 chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
general parenting 101: lesson 1

never think you have a handle on being a parent because thats bad but worse ... never actually make such a claim aloud because thats really bad ... bad as in the dreaded 'it could be worse' curse because as soon as the words slip past yer lips you can expect that yer kidling, darling mutant that he/she/it may be ... is gonna show you just how little you know bout bein a parent

Shego is now going to demonstrate lol

good story KiY rather enjoyed that i did

Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 2 . 2/25/2007
Thanks for the story, and the glossary.

Most of my fellow Protestants, at least the ones I've met, don't know thing 1 (or thing 2) about Purim or Esther (Martin Luther did not enjoy that book at all).

In matters of faith, it's easy to take it far to seriously. We need to remember to laugh at our fears, celebrate our hopes, and enjoy our life.

It's difficult to sustain hate when you're laughing at yourself.
A Markov chapter 1 . 2/24/2007
And i think we've got a candidate for best single line 2007 already... "Yeah, I think I'm getting this parent stuff down."

OK, Shego is the Wicked Witch of the West and Kim is Glinda, I guess that makes Ron the Scarecrow. (you'll probably catch some backlash for that!) Why didn't the girls want to be Ozma or General Jinjur? I think it's obvious that their education is sorely lacking!

Now I think I know how non-poker players feel when they read "Follow the Queen." Thanks for the glossary.

Alex