Reviews for Season Four: Through the Cracks
Magnatron The NR Fan chapter 8 . 5/30/2007
Nice, very nice. Sorry it's been so long. This episode has been true to your series. My favorite part was the part with the lemonade, man that was funny.

Well gotta go.

God bless you.

I am the Eggman!
Cobrafire chapter 8 . 5/4/2007
Love the story so far. There is the occasional spelling error, but since I'm not a grammar nazi, who cares! Keep it up!
Akinyi chapter 8 . 4/9/2007
Hmm many may say that the bundle will be Hanna, but I stand by theory that it is actually Sacky. After all, he didn't decapitate his little sister via ceiling fan, now did he?

Tigerary huh? Perhaps an early birthday present for Bonnie from Kimmie?

Great episode! Can't wait for the next...even if it won't come until May (grumble grumble)
Stand Alone Battle A.I chapter 8 . 4/7/2007
"extravagant" i had to go to a freakin thesaurus to find the right word for it. the story was engaging and beatifuly painted while keeping the comedy honed to absolute perfection. i loved how you pepered the dramatic moments of the fic with the Bricks of Fury references. plus i didnt think it be possible to meld the your story with whats going on with the actual episodes. a while ago i asked you a question using a cheesy george lucas reference, you weren't lying
Molloy chapter 8 . 4/6/2007
"Judy." - The Monkey Behind the Mask in "Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me"

A very exciting and fulfilling chapter that still managed to be very KP-oriented!

Many fics that amp up the action and adventure tend to lose some of the well ... goofy elements that make KP, KP. This second chapter of RtY avoided that pitfall. Although it did bump-up the seriousness of the sitch, the natural KPness of the show was always close behind.

Monkey Fist, who seems to be favorite villain for fanfic writers to upscale to major-league EVIL, was able to be both sinister and maintain his kookiness. Fist's disquiet when DNAmy's name was brought up in the Yamanouchi Battle was a great example and so was the lemonade break during the final battle. Although Fist didn't partake of any of his "girlfriend's" refreshments, he did sulk rather than take advantage of his oppenents' "time out."

In fact, the more I think about it, the more that lemonade break illustrates what is so chamring about the show. In most superhero cartoons, such a break would have been part of an evil plot - i.e. the lemonade would have been spiked. But here it is what it appears to be. Which is what makes it so funny.

I also very much appreciated how Kim was able to technically function as the 'damsel-in-distress' and, yet at the same time to be nothing of the kind. Her KP spice was evident throughout.

Furthermore, your final battle demonstrated why Team Possible is so successful-it is a TEAM. Although she is used to being the kick- ss member, Kim was perfectly willing to take the place of the distraction (in fact, it was her idea) if that is what it took to win the day.

Kim having developed a routine for passing the time away while being a villain's captive was also a nice touch.

Your portrayal of Ron was probably the most complex in the story, and needed to be. Not only did he hit the right notes as the lovable goof before and after his stint as the action hero (which you also handled well), he also got to be the sensitive guy ala the StD with Yori. The pantomime inside the blue bubble was, perhaps, the highlight of the story. Booyah, indeed.

My only question is in regards to his last line: “I’ll let you bring my mother!” This must be an episode reference I am not simpatico with. :)

I liked the bonus scene, but the falshback intro with previously read lines from part one was an exceptional clever device.

Very nice indeed.

BTW ~ I am not sure what my quote means (in either the movie or in reference to your story), but it was the only monkey quote I could come up with.
The Real Sidekick chapter 8 . 4/6/2007
Well done story. The last chapter really made me laugh with the inclusion of DNAmy. Keeping her and Monkeyfist together was a stroke of genius and having her interrupt the fight to bring lemonade had me laughing incredibly hard. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing where you take this.
CajunBear73 chapter 8 . 4/6/2007
Oh man, that long? Sigh...

Anyway, great battle, loved the break in the action with Amy playing hostess! And Ron is just Ron... ROFL!

Ron's victorious against Monkey Fist again, a 'mysterious message' from the ninja school's founder for Ron, him & Kim getting more training with Sensei, Yori & Hirotaka now an item. Now your teaser is a bit strange, but it'll keep until your next chapter.

Later!

CB73
Isamu chapter 8 . 4/6/2007
Another excellent chapter. I liked the way you did the recap of last chapter as well, felt very much like an episode recap from the series. And the line "my greatest challenge would come with small bundle"... gee, I wonder what that could be referring to. *chuckle* Keep up with the kick ass chapters, because as usual, I'm eagerly awaiting the next.
JPMod chapter 8 . 4/6/2007
Yep, you and Disney guys sure have been thinking the same thoughts. Of course, I think you've added that line about the spirit telling Ron about his destiny with a 'small bundle' (*ahem* Hana). Makes me wonder if Kim and Ron's team would become a trio many years from now. LOL!

Anyway, it's pretty much as I expect Yori to react at first when knowing Ron and Kim is a couple. She was disappointed but Ron pulled her through that they are good friends. :)

BTW, good for you to keep DNAmy as Fisk's GF. It brought many more laughs to the story. Too bad Dinsey didn't thought of that. ;)

Good read here! Thanks! :)
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 8 . 4/6/2007
"Next time on The Geneticist and the Monkey Man"

For the love of all things salty, crunchy, and covered in melteted cheese, PLEASE tell us you're kidding. I don't think I could take an entire episode ( much less an entire series ) based on the adventures of Lord Montgomery Fiske and Dr Amy Fiske-Hall.

Fiske Hall? Is that the new dormitory at Yamanouchi that Monkey Fist donated as a tax deduction?
cpneb chapter 8 . 4/6/2007
“Tigerary!” sent my coffee everywhere, and I had to clean up before going any further.

This was a great part deaux, and the Ron/Yori and Kim/Horotaka conversations were perfect. Yori wanting to kick some monkey butt got a good laugh, as well.

The biggest laugh to DNAmy serving lomonade in the middle of te fight. Go fugure: I could see her doing just that...

Thanks, UNT: another good one.

...cpneb
MrDrP chapter 8 . 4/6/2007
A nice wrap-up to your two parter. The dialog was snappy and the action well-placed.

I liked the riffs on Bricks of Fury.

My only complaint: either monty is an English lord or a former English lord. He can't be both ...
Akinyi chapter 7 . 4/5/2007
With Rufus on spy duty, Monkey Fist sure has his work cut out for him when it comes inducing fear in Stoppable-san. I wonder just how much cheese it took to get the little guy on Mr. P's side? Ah, well too bad Ron's Smarty Mart paycheck has no hope of competing with that of a rocket scientist's.

Great chapter, and ignoring any nasty comments of mine regarding the evil cliffy, I can't wait for the next!
Randy C chapter 6 . 4/2/2007
"Everybody's

Got the right

To be different,

Even though

At times they go

To extremes."

-Stephen Sondheim, Assassins

Sadly (?), the stars of "Assassins" never find the acceptance that they hoped their misguided patriotic deeds would bring them, instead only succeeding in further osracizing themselves from the mainstream they thought they were appeasing. Though the actions of KP's rogues gallery are not commited to work on any level beyond that of naked self-interest, they do have an advantage over those near-mythic monsters: they live in the age of reality TV. The show has been down this path before with "All the News" and "Rappin' Drakken" and Mr. Topping, in keeping with his dedication to the show's format, skewers it in a similar fashion (though his coterie of pathetic villains are far more personable than Adrena Lynne). The satire presented here, however, seems a bit more pointed and appropriately so, considering we're a society that idolizes a moral cripple like Paris Hilton and transfigured Anna Nicole Smith into a martyr. Jeez, we put the Gotti kids on TV 'cause Pappy liked killing people. Give me one good reason why they're better than Drakken and Shego.

The idea is a novel one and the author runs with it. The Tweebs are a highlight, particularly their peeved cry of "Kim Possible!" and their eventual return in full villain mode. That being said, I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed in the climax. It felt small somehow. I was hoping to see the Tweebs play into it, seeing as how they're bound to be the most competent of the copy cats. Or the villains' fervant posses turning against one another. But if either of those scenarios had been played out, we could have been potentially robbed of that brilliant coda.

This story is further proof that you are the master of effective understatement. The brilliant dishwashing sequence (and I believe this is the first time in the history of literary criticism that those words have appeared next to one another) is a grand, momentous, and private declaration of unspoken love. And the internal theatre of Kim's mind (I hope someone at Deviant Art takes it upon themselves to illustrate her conservative counterpart) and makes me wonder what was happening inside Ron's. And lastly, thank you for proving that MrDrP can be a concerned parent without being a tyrant. Hopefully a whole platoon of writers here will follow your example.

Great work and bring on the ninjas!
Guest chapter 7 . 4/2/2007
"I have enough trouble as it is in trying to say what I think I know." - Samuel Beckett

This is a very well-written episode that managed to be both in character with the show and to also up the ante in the suspense department - it definitely felt like you were channeling that moment in "Exchange" when Monkey Fist appears at the edge of Yamnouchi on Ron's first night at the school.

The Monkey Fist encounter at the musuem was a deftly written piece of misdirection. I wonder if it is subtly hinting at a relationship possibilty between Y and H.

I was really impressed with your Monique-especailly her scenes in the food court. Excellent all the way around.

So many fics have Ron going back to Yamanouchi and suddenly turning into Sonny Chiba. It was wonderful that you kept him as Ron. What other writers tend to forget that you have gotten down is that "dumb skill" is a handmaiden of both FATE and DESTINY.

The scene at the lava bridge was one of the finest and funniest set pieces I have seen on From Kim making it across because of her cheerleading skills to Ron's losing his pants, and, finally, his retrieving them with the blind fold. Excellent, excellent stuff.

Again, the K/R moments, like those in the show, did not revise their pre-existing relationship; rather they added to it.

Very interested to see what will happen next.
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »