Reviews for Season Four: Through the Cracks
CajunBear73 chapter 5 . 3/15/2007
Great chapter! From Kim getting smacked by the repeat of the year's schoolwork to the battle of the Tri-City garbage dump, I was laughing all the way to the end.

Come back with more!
Kpfan72491 chapter 5 . 3/15/2007
lmao. funny chapter. update soon
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 5 . 3/15/2007
Amazing eppisode.

From the "suspended" sign to the return of Roachie, this may be the best thing I've read all week.

And Mr Barkin as the next world conqueror? It could work. Perhaps a relationship with Warmonga...
creativetoo chapter 5 . 3/15/2007
I just took a look at this story this morning and read it through from the beginning.

This is really, really. Very funny. True to the way the characters are portrayed on the series.

I'm looking forward to seeing your next update. :)
MrDrP chapter 5 . 3/15/2007
The best episode to date. Perfectly paced and pitched, the dialog was spot on, and I could visualize all of the action.

Very nicely done!
Randy C chapter 4 . 3/11/2007
As valid as the Canterbury comparison may be, methinks this chapter owes more to "Almost Got 'Im," a classic episode of the animated Batman series from the early nineties. And what do you know? What's good for the Dark Knight is what's good for KP.

Though the selfishly illogical part of me, the one that consumes eighty percent of my being, wants to hew and haw for being 'robbed' of a whole episode this week, it's hard to complain when what you get is this strong. In fact, with all of the villainous accounts contained within, this chapter is like a Taster's Choice edition of Kim Possible, chockful of enjoyable bits that perhaps don't merit their own story, but are downright amusing in their own right. I can only hope its companion piece is as good.
Randy C chapter 2 . 3/11/2007
"Someone to crowd you with love.

Someone to force you to care.

Someone to make you come through,

Who'll always be there,

As frightened as you

Of being alive..."

-Stephen Sondheim, Company

This would have made for a better season 4 premiere than the actual season 4 premiere. And considering that "Ill-Suited" is a rather exemplary episode, that's saying a lot. Though I admit that this is somewhat of a broad and superficial comparison, I can't help but be reminded of the closing moments of "The Graduate" when Benjamen and Elaine are sitting in the bus, looking as if they wondering what is supposed to happen next. We're madly in love, but now what?

Quite a few authors here have their own answer to that question, and more often than not it's immediate, right-after-prom, hot, sweaty, underage teen-on-teen sex. That might play with the Dateline crowd, but I like to think Kim and Ron know better. Ultimate Naco Topping seems to share this sentiment.

What is particularly impressive is how you do not allow the relationship drama to overwhelm the rest of the story, which would drag it into the oversaturated field of relationship angst. This fic plays out like the best episode of Kim Possible that somehow managed not to be produced. You are not only true to the characters, you are true to the show, which is even rarer.

I have to echo the always enlightening Molloy's praise in how you present anxiety as being a normal and healthy part of a relationship. Something as simple as that gives this story some verisimilitude that is lacking on this site, stealth bracelets and crazy German scientists included.
Randy C chapter 3 . 3/11/2007
Given all the unaccountable suicides, explosive David Mamet-ian swearing, and rampant lesbianism I've come across here, the KP corner of it can be hard to remember that the inspiration for all these dark drabblings is a mostly sunny Disney cartoon featuring a wicked sense of humor. Thanks for the reminder.

The best examples of fanfic writing are the ones where the reader can actually hear the characters speak as they're reading and not feel that there is an intruder in their midst. Nowhere is that more evident when Ron brazenly asks his audience "What are they going to come after next? Puppies!" The funniest moment in a story filled with very funny moments, most notable among them the various grieved reactions to Bueno Nacho's closing, melodrama far more appropriate to the tone of the show than any instance of pill-popping and pregnancy scares that populate this neighborhood.

Not that the strength of this story is limited to its comedy. Kim's attempt to shake Ron out of his fast food mourning by taking him to the Cow 'n Chow was sweet and showed the power of their relationship without haveing them inexplicably cry or nearly break up with each other.

Oh, how I wish this, another episode-quality fic by the author, was part of the norm and not one of the few exceptions. How does one find quality like this regularly? I guess by impatiently waiting til next Thursday.
Akinyi chapter 4 . 3/10/2007
When Ron loses his pants it's funny. When Duff loses his kilt... *shudder* wrong-sick!

Nice how you connected all of the villains' mini stories together with Ron's crossword puzzle. '“Lesko? Never heard of it,” Ron said as he tried to pencil it into the puzzle.“No, Ron, let’s go,” Kim said impatiently. Ron looked up to see Kim on the other side of the bars. So cute!'

Great chapter! Can't wait for more!
Magnatron The NR Fan chapter 4 . 3/9/2007
Ah, yes my personal favorite, of your old stories. I just loved the conection between the stories, I think that's why it's my favorite. Great stuff in here, but I don't want to spoil it for the people who read the reviews before reading the story. So God bless you.

I am the Eggman!
Stand Alone Battle A.I chapter 4 . 3/9/2007
i love how each episode you make has a running gag in it. Thats a detail that almost every author seems to exclude in there writings. its the attention to the little stuff that always makes the magic in your stories.
Molloy chapter 2 . 3/8/2007
Good to see this story back.

I always liked your bold choice to illustrate one of the normal off-shoots of going from "just friends" to "something more": anxiety.

What is exceptionally refreshing about this episode is that the anxiety does not lead to angst. Rather, anxiety is accepted as a normal condition of love.

The fact that such a unlikely topic for a Disney episode is still treated with the standard KP charm is remarkable.

And, like a real episode, the friendship/relationship sitch does not swallow up the action aspect. Rather, also like a real episode, they both share equal space though it is made manifestly obvious that it is the personal sitch that is much more important than the fate of the world.

Good job.
Kpfan72491 chapter 4 . 3/8/2007
I like it update soon
CajunBear73 chapter 4 . 3/8/2007
Nice little interlude with some of the villains recounting how they got put in that prison.

Now they have escaped. On to the next chappie!
daywalkr82 chapter 4 . 3/8/2007
Very "Canterbury Tales", this chapter. The various foilings were hilarious, very true to the series. I could see such things happening in the show. Surprised by the ending. Who sprung Shego? Speaking of whom, I always wondered why GJ didn't send Shego to the Vault, you know, that place where supervillains like Venom and Doc Ock were incarcerated. So, at least you had her glow power incapacitated.
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »