Reviews for The Lightning That Thunders: Prelude
Serrure chapter 43 . 10/7/2013
Hey, long time.

Firstly, congratulations! In my opinion, it takes a lot of dedication to continue a story as long as this. Going from personal experience, I find it difficult to keep at it for over such a long period of time. Maybe it's just me; I always seem to gradually lose motivation in writing, until it stops altogether. And "Lightning that Preludes" took, what, 6 or so years? :) Respect right there.

Next, I'd like to apologize for being a less than avid reviewer than I used to be. As much as I love this story, I've gotten into a habit where I don't check my favourite fics for an eternity. Saves me the robbed feeling and crying over the lack of abundant updates, after I read just one or two new chapters. It's kind of like binge-eating really. Binge-reading :) Geez I'm such an ungrateful person - here I am, complaining about and admitting to not being able to face the lack of updates. Whilst you brilliant writers conjure more brilliant writings, and no doubt you guys probably juggle roadblocks such as writer's block and day-to-day-life-obstacles, every once in a while.

About the story revealing the final moments of Namine and Kimblee - wow. They sure are a hell of a pairing. It was very saddening to read the scenes leading up to Kimblee's fate in Lior - since your other earlier fic "Lightning that Thunders" established Kimblee's death (well, as did the actual anime I guess. Although I don't really count that, considering how it's a universe where Namine doesn't exist). His death, Namine's pregnancy, the birth and dealings of Corruption...

All in all, thanks again so much for sharing your writings. I'm sure I've said this sometime before in an earlier review, but there isn't a lot of serious, decent-length romantic Kimblee fics out there. I love how you've introduced, developed and interwoven the character of Namine into the 2003 anime fic - she'll always be the one paired with Kimblee in my mind. And thanks also, for making Kimblee human in this fic. He's still one of my favourite characters in FMA - despite many people hating on him (my friend called him a creep and a psychopath the other day - to which I just smirked). Let's be honest, in the anime he wasn't given much of a personality, other than him being a bomb-happy sadistic murderer. But you've given him the qualities that show his relationships, that show his happiness that doesn't stem from some explosives event.

Really, thank you. You should be proud of what your well-appreciated creation. :)
Cheers,
Serrure. Or Jay.
Guest chapter 24 . 9/18/2013
Oh my gosh, middle of a freaking war and he's messing with her head. Kimblee, we all know that you're so BA you could probably single-handedly end the Ishbalan revolution, but seriously?
Guest chapter 8 . 9/17/2013
I think my brain just exploded. Roy turning on the charm was just too much for me.
DarkestInk chapter 43 . 6/18/2013
Oh wow. After so long I can't believe that this is actually over now. All in all this has been a very well written story and I will miss it. Definitely going to reread it!
DarkestInk chapter 41 . 4/8/2013
Aaandd he doesn't come back after that, does he? This is where he dies? :(
xxdarknessxfallsxx chapter 37 . 2/16/2013
Finally you have mercy on your readers and on Kimblee! I applaud the chapter. The first half I was laughing at the book store scene, the second half I was wondering if they were finally gunna do the deed and YES- and then you add that last line in? Like I mentioned before, you never fail to leave me wanting more and after this chapter I definitely need the next.
I'm curious what this means for the characters? Kimblee obviously thought she was good enough to keep forever, but is there another angle? I don't think there is but who knows. Namine hears Kimblee wants to marry her, is she going to get the hell out now or jump on the wagon? I don't know what you have planned but I am interested to know. When I first started reading this story, I didn't care for the OC, but the more I read, the more I focus on Namine and identify with her.
Keep up the good work! Can't wait!
crazyuser chapter 37 . 2/15/2013
omg that end makes me 3
DarkestInk chapter 36 . 2/9/2013
Awww they're so domestic... I JUST LOVE THESE TWO. adfj;lakjdtpouhadf;lkjyyeeeeeeeee
Serrure chapter 35 . 1/28/2013
Wasn't weird at all for me!
Loved it (again, as usual) ;)
I would write a longer comment like I usually do, but I can't and won't be able to for a while. Anyway, thanks for another intriguing update.
DarkestInk chapter 35 . 1/25/2013
AH, I must have more. I'm really a huge fan of Namine and Kimblee! And although it upsets me how Lior is fast approaching, I look forward to your next update!
Tj chapter 34 . 1/21/2013
Damn I'm so selfish to be in want of more chapters to read. But seriously, great stuff!

And niice (Y) - over 100 reviews! Now that's what I'm talking about hehe
Tj chapter 32 . 1/21/2013
Again, it's been too long since my last check-in
And again, your continuation of the story is absolutely fabulous
Serrure chapter 33 . 1/14/2013
Woops I meant,
*of* this chapter
Serrure chapter 33 . 1/14/2013
Damn, I feel as if I'm spamming you with all these reviews in one go :) but I can't help it! I'm actually devouring these wonderful updates that seem to magnetize my attention to the fic, and away from everything else.
I especially loved this part if this chapter:
"She placed a banana in front of him. "There. Eat it."

He stared at it before looking at her. "What is it? Poison?""

Hahahaha brilliant.

By the way, I think this review will make it the 100th of this fic. Congrats! :)
Serrure chapter 32 . 1/14/2013
"Three days, Mel betted with herself. Three days before Naminé gives in to
Kimblee.

Funny enough, Naminé was having similar thoughts."

This is hilarious. Seriously, 'Lightning that thunders' and 'Prelude' is definitely on my top favorite fic list. It's realistic - I can vividly imagine all these characters and events happening, even though anime Kimblee is one of those characters that are difficult to humanize. He's such a bomb happy smug villain in the series, which is great, but..quite linear as a character. But what you've done with him..fantastic.

Realistic, hilarious, engaging, saddening (Esp knowing Kimblee's last farewell to Namine and his eventual death).

Fantastic.