Reviews for Good Deeds
Shinigami061 chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
Very sweet, heartbreaking, wonderfully written :) Loved Dean's thoughts about how he and the old beggar were really not-so-different after all. Keep up the great work!

Shinigami06
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
And Dean knew exactly how that felt.

Beside him, Sam bent forward and started plucking change from the floorboards.

Because Sam knew how it felt too.

...

Dean watched as the light turned green and all the cars inched forward, bit by bit, jockeying for precious inches that would get them to their destinations no faster.

...

“My good deed for the day. Now shut up.”

...

“Don’t do that. Don’t get all girly and shit. It’s not enough.” Dean raked a hand over his head and stared at the beggar’s huddled form. “Not nearly enough.”

“It’s something, Dean. It’ll mean something to him.”

...

I have no idea how this got past me, but I never saw that it was posted! Loved it. Amazing one shot. Great job!
xsilicax chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Anonymous help is such a Dean thing to do!

I was glad to see that he 'bought' food though, rather than gave money because (and I know it's not true in all cases but it is in many)in my experience money goes on cigs and booze, to negate that feeling of aloneness, that no-one cares.

Dean's way, the old man feels that someone cares enough about him to bring him food. wins all round. Acts like that mean the world.

Cathy.
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
What a perfectly Dean thing to do! Gotta keep it annonymous, cause he doesn't deal well with people thanking him. And the hero-worship from Sam was perfect.
DaunyelWay chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Hey Emily! I so love the story, great deed from Mr. Dean! Keep up the great work!

Dani
bally2cute chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Those Winchesters are good people. More people should take the time or effort, however small, and short of any felonius acts, to help others. I just adore your stories, and I always look forward to something new from you!
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Just magnificent, this. You made me tear up and so HAPPY. These are our boys - good, warm-hearted, caring people who take the "saving people" thing literally - and not just from the supernatural. And Sam's bright-eyed awe of his brother was just too sweet for words - remnants of emotions I'm sure he felt as a child.

I really hope this does become a 'verse. I would soak up every word.

Thank you for sharing!
Alachai chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
I loved this, and really, you should do it as a series. The show, only seems to capture the brother's generosity to other people in short doses.

-Andrea
Jennygeee chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
That was so cute! Dean uncomfortable with the hero worship in Sam's eyes, I can so see Dean doing this! I loved the following:

Dean glanced at him, shrugging as he pocketed the phone. “It’s no big deal, Sam. Just helping out the guy.”

Sam turned away, smiling. “No big deal.”

“It’s something, Dean. It’ll mean something to him.”
fanficmistress18 chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
sweet story.

Jenna
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
Oh man, every time I read something by you I get this satisfied smile on my face :) "what were they doing right that the poor old beggar was doing wrong?" They're being heroes. They're saving people, hunting things, and not asking for anything in return ;) This was awesome. A series, you say? Bring it on! Please! With whipped cream and sprinkles :D Liked this, and how you can pack so much into such a small scene. Hope you have a great day, and by the way, please do more? Cya :)
amy jonas chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
This did more then tug those old heart strings. Dean comparing him and Sam to the old Begger. That it could have been them just as easily.

and this...

Dean squirmed, still uncomfortable with the look of hero-worship in Sam’s eyes even after all these years.

A great big aw.

I have to say Emily; you have such a way with description. I could just see the begger huddled on the street corner. Beautiful, beautiful job.

Amy
Susan82 chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
Nothing brightens my day more than seeing that you've posted one of your wonderful oneshots.

Although I'm a complete Sam-girl, I really enjoyed Dean playing the good guy here. It's nice to see that he can impersonate an officer for righteous reasons as well as underhanded.

This was a great little snipet into the boys' lives...thanks for sharing it!
MollybyGolly chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
very good story... :)
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
That was so very sweet! Bring on Chpt 2!
46 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »