Reviews for You Had to Know
nana chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This is just amazing. One can really hear Wyatt talking about his friend. Loved the end.
derangedfangirl chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
I've read this a couple of times, now, and I can't get over how dead-on it is. You've got Wyatt's voice down pat, and I really, really enjoyed the observation that Doc without the consumption might've been something like Morgan. The thing that struck me while watching the movie was that, without Wyatt, Doc would be Ringo... and that little flip side is intriguing. Great fic, really well done.
aD1990 chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
This short story is impressive. Wyatt's portrayal of Doc is very interesting and truthful. As far as I'm concerned, this is the way Wyatt looked at his closest friend. Very good writing also. And, obviously, you got Doc figured out, here.

I enjoyed readin' it and look forward to other Tombstone fictions. Well done indeed!
Chaytons Angel chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
That was an interesting piece and I like how you compared him to Jekyll and Hyde. In a way he did seem to have that split personality. Good job.
R.C. Wulfe chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
I myself rather liked Doc Holliday so i found "You Had to Know" to be a really interesting look into how things might've stood between Wyatt and Doc, and Doc himself, real interesting spin on things you've got here...I wished there were more Tombstone fics...
johnny-B-reading chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
You got it...the part where he mentions about Ringo's pronunciation when quoting latin...damn you're good. I heard Doc mention something about Ringo being a "highly educated man" while I read that section. I really enjoyed the time reading this story. I will return for more.
Redneck-Cowgirl chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
Obviously you've done quite a bit of research on Dr. Holliday :)

I really really liked this! Doc was a fascinating man, and I believe this piece portrays him in the light at which he rightfully belongs. Very insightful and sweet; best friends usually do know more about eachother than the rest of the world.

"Still, I suppose to really understand Doc, you had to know John too."

Awesome ending! Totally enjoyed this, excellent job!

-Jean
Evil Little Dog chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Very nice insight into Doc's nature from Wyatt. I like this a lot.
Ruby Stew chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Wow, this is so amazing! I can't believe-I mean-I'm not making any sense! You got Doc down so well, and telling it from Wyatt's view is a great twist. I found myself nodding and grinning along with this. It's so, so well written, just...wow. Amzing job.