Reviews for A Matter of Mind
Nom de Plume chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
You, my dear,
you are made to creep into people's minds, fictional or real.

I heard Mayuri's voice clearly and soundly in my head. All his thoughts, actions, ...and the occasional feeling - YES, brilliant. I can even hear him scoffing without you saying it explicitly because you know how to use words and make them into -more-.

Really I shouldn't be surprised any more, not after reading your Dead Boy's Poem. It's unfortunate that it seems you have not been on this site for a while but wherever you are, I hope you are still writing. Because this talent... would be an awful waste.
La Rosa del Desierto chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
This is really well written and gives such a good insight into the mind of Mayuri Kurotsuchi. Keep up the great work!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Mayuri is insane, but in this case...

Very well written. It's nice to see proper grammar and spelling, and everyone in character.
SageofAges729 chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
One of the few times I feel inclined to root for Mayuri. You've done a great job of characterization. Love this.
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
chilling, and so Mayuri- that's totally him! Congrats on writing him so well!
X59 chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
I can see Mayuri going insane with the knowledge that someone tampered with his mind.

well done.
St. Harridan chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
I like this. Very thought-provoking and wonderfully written.
ncfan chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Good job portraying one of Mayuri’s more epic freak-outs. All I can say is that you got his characterization down, and he must have been really, really mad to have opened up his lab to outsiders.

Anyway, I can see Mayuri playing the Devil (I’m assuming that’s the role you wanted him to take to oppose Aizen with his God delusions); I just happen to think he’s already the Devil.
MarzaPanda chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
This story was Mayuri to the point! If I ever use him as a character, I'd definitely refer to this story for character details.
Tellytubby101 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
I am so utterly amazed by the perfection in this characterization of Bleach's very own mad scientist. It was a refreshing read, the scientific element mixing well with the evil undertones.

Good work. You are skilled.

From Tubby. :-)
The return of PP chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Excellent, excellent fic!

My favorite part:

"Well, if he's going to play God," Mayuri hissed, smiling broadly, "then I know exactly what role I intend to play."

Overall, from start to finish -a very dignified, insightful take on any interaction Aizen and Mayuri would have had, and how Mayuri would deal with being played for a fool.
painless-j chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Mayuri deserves more fiction about him, yes. So yay! I think it was a good look into how his mind works! Thank you!
MaryS-NJ chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Another great story!

I think Mayuri is THE creepiest character in the whole Bleach series, well except maybe for Syazel - two twisted peas in a pod.

Having said that, Mayuri is fascinating and this really captures his curiosity, rationality and excentricity all at the same time. I can absolutely imagine him furious to know that Aizen bested him in a contest of wits.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
cool.
kriitikko chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
The best and definitive Mayuri fic there is. Be proud of this one!