Reviews for Sackett's Honor
Yena chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Oh, awesome!

I didn't know Echo had fans other than me!

Vanyon Ondollo chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
This is a good effort by Celendrea, based on one of the best of the Sackett stories. There were only two problems that I could see. The first one may seem old fashioned but none of Louis Lamour's characters ever openly used vulgar language beyond very rarely saying damn. This was especially true of his heroes and heroines.

Also, the Sacketts may have always been quick to act but they were never precipitous and they usually kept their own counsel. For Echo to boldly announce that she intended to buy Jean Baptiste out without even seeing the land in question is out of character for a Sackett, even when speaking to another Sackett.

The rest of it is just the way it should be and all the elements are there. The fierce familial loyalty, the complete disregard of distance or odds and the instant willingness to solve the problem with either sawbucks or buckshot are all classic parts of a Sackett story. Echo and Trulove might have made mention of their Uncle Jubal who married a Shoshone woman and was therefore in that part of the country before this.

It should be interesting to see how this story progresses from here.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Shades of the great man himself! Wow! Well done! Where is the second chapter! Echo is right step on one Sackett and you get them all coming just hoping that one has left some for everybody else to play with! hee hee :) As for killing a woman? Sacketts been too well brought up to do that even those Clinch Mountain ones.

I am looking forward to reading the rest of the story!
kykimolvr chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
very good start. Update soon. Echo always needed a 2nd story or 3rd or 4th, well, you get the idea. It's not that I like the Sackett's or anything. But I did name my youngest son Tell. And I'm not kidding. Most people just look at me and say Tell? Where did you get a name like Tell? I just smile and say I read it somewhere.
Spreet chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
I've always wanted a sequel to Echo Sackett's story. Thanks for making a wonderful start, I hope you update soon.
SirObie chapter 1 . 2/10/2003
Well i reckon this here be one fine addition to ride the river, which i only done now finished Actually im canadian so i cant really speak like that, but it's mighty fun to try :P This is an excellant story, written in Louis's style, i hope to see more soon, only one problem i have with this story is the puzzle. The giant saphire puzzle isnt mentioned. that was one of the cliffhangers in ride in the river, unless it is explained in another novel?
DeweY Drew chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
I've been reading the Sackett stories for 30 years, i know a good one when i read one, and this is a good one. Wheres chp.2?
Joyce2 chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
I hope you intend to finish what you started. This ain't no way to leave a story!

This is good, it sort of catches the flavor of the origional.

Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
Good story! Please continue it. I want to know what happens next!
John Wayne's White Wolf chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
Hey this is pretty cool! When I logged onto I didn't know there was Louis L'maour fans here! Love the story! the Sacketts are the coolest guys and girls on the planet! PLEASE WRITE MORE!:)
lollipop chapter 1 . 6/28/2002
Loved it, you really captured that "Sackett" flavor of speech, and I always thought there should be more Echo adventures. I see you wrote this some time ago, hope you pick it up again as more people discover .
Miranda chapter 1 . 5/14/2002
Please, please, please continue this story! That was one of my favorite Sackett books ever and I would love to read more about Echo.
Ash chapter 1 . 4/13/2002
Oooh! Good! I like it I like it I like it...*Prays you're getting the idea* Anyway, I'm a Sackett fan born and bred (my dad has MOST of the books...I sorta cabbaged the rest), and Ride The River is my fave! I thought Dorian Chantry was, or would've been, her Happily Ever After.. *Sigh* Oh well, I like what you did with it!

Keep writing!

Moth Stafu chapter 1 . 3/14/2002
well, looks like I found this story a bit too late and now you aren't writing it anymore... *sniff* Sacketts kick ass! I'm about to re-read The Daybreakers... one of my faves
Norwegianne chapter 1 . 2/2/2002