Reviews for The Death of Haruhi Suzumiya
Insert Name chapter 18 . 5/25/2014
Great Story! Also VERY Depressing, but still great in it's own right. I'm one of the Haruhi x Kyon shippers, so I was slightly bothered by the Yuki x Kyon stuff at the end, but I got over it to enjoy the story. Whenever there are stories which talk about the end of the SOS Brigade's school days, I can't help but feel sad... :(

Can't help but say that you confused me with all the Philosophical God loving theories you sprung at Chapters 13-16/17, but I kinda got what you meant.

No offence but I feel I need to go read cheesy one-shot romance between Kyon and Haruhi to end my brief moment of depression after experiencing the deepness of this FanFiction - still great nevertheless.
Madcinder chapter 18 . 7/4/2013
Definitely a satisfying story. Everything, as unbelievable as much of it was, still managed to be believable. Figure that one out. This is the type of story that makes me like each character more than the original series did.

Allow me a moment to go get a glass so that I may raise it to you and your masterpiece.

Huzzah. -Rylak, the Mad Cinder
Madcinder chapter 13 . 7/3/2013
This very quickly escalated to my favorite story ever. What I want in an epic. The peril of everything seen in such state here, the imminent demise of someone central, the uncertain fate of everyone else, and the sacrifice of those willing to hold off the evil. This is building up to my vision of the perfect ending for a story.
Madcinder chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
I was wondering if anyone had written Tsuruya as a slider. I thought that would be an awesome addition.
AzarathianMage chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Oh, that "universe was changing for the last time" thing does NOT sound good...
Inferno Vulpix chapter 8 . 5/4/2013
Nice bootstrap paradox you've got there Tsuruya. If she got the slider device from the past, and she used the slider device to put the slider device in the past for her to find, then who made the slider device in the first place? Did it simply spawn out of the time stream? I love paradoxes like that.
Mike Russell chapter 18 . 3/26/2013
Check the "Afterword" at the end of the light novel "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya". Tanigawa-sama actually DID fashion some of the story lines and characters after his real life experiences! Not a bad job, Kyon, er, J! Not bad at all...
The-Impossible-and-The-11th chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Wow. A completely different mood set compared to my fanfic... It's awesome, and I'm gonna enjoy this a lot I can tell.
will1707 chapter 13 . 2/12/2013
"... ordered that all buildings be released to the public, and funds distributed immediately to charities. The former Pope Benedict XVI, now known as the last Omega Pope, also called on other religions to disband, following his dogmatic definition using ex cathedra powers to stop the teachings of Catholicism globally immediately. Rioting has occurred in many parts of the world, as well as social unrest at the loss of the largest religion. Theologists have made many speculations over this incredible change, however none can alter the order of the Omega Pope..."

disturbingly prophetic, considering the moment we're living...
dayfox96 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
OMG you killed god ...aaaaaahhhhhaaaaaa
Jondon chapter 18 . 1/25/2013
I would like to see how haruhi dealed with kyon and yuki's relationship without destroying the world. And, it was a really sweet moment with kyon confessed to yuki.
HaganeJonetsu chapter 18 . 6/11/2012
That was an incredibly realistic and awesome story! I loved the way it was written, including how you have focused on the whole God theory/analysis-like theme. I also liked how Kyon ended up with Yuki in the end. In my opinion, the last few chapters were what made this fanfic stand out the most, what with the heartwrenching and epic scenes plus top notch narration. All in all, I have really enjoyed reading this well written fanfic.
iShiney chapter 18 . 5/5/2012
Very well written! I love this story! XD
Yami Vizzini chapter 18 . 3/3/2012
EPIC.

I wasn't sure how this could live up to expectations, but that's mostly because I wasn't sure what to expect. And, somehow, you more than delivered. The breakdown of society and everything that followed was way trippy- it reminded me of "Synecdoche, New York", which in some respects could almost have been an adaptation of this, at least if this had stopped after chapter 14 or 15.

And really, the romantic side of the ending is the icing on the cake. I'm a fan of so many different pairings that this came across as a perfect compromise (threesomes aside) between all the evidence we've seen.

If there's never another anime adaptation of Tanigawa-san's books, I could see a movie of this with the same effort that was put into "Disappearance" as a neat "Gecko Ending"!
Magus1108 chapter 18 . 11/4/2011
Hm. Not quite sure how I feel about this chapter. It is...different, to say the least. Hm.

Well, time to check out those alternate endings now!