Reviews for The Twenty One Aspects of Rei and Shinji
Gibson 1959 Les Paul chapter 6 . 12/30/2007
This story was written so amazingly well it almost makes me sick with envy. I just can't get over what a good job you do of crafting these one-shot short story masterpieces. Your prose is so eloquent, and blessedly free of the glaring grammatical and spelling oversights that riddle SO many fan fictions on this website. Your characters are always fleshed out so perfectly. nothing they say or do ever feels OOC or unnatural; its as if everything you write could've been a deleted scene from the actual show, it seems so authentic. Your storylines, scenarios, and situations are tactful, creative, and entertaining, but borrow so seamlessly and so accurately from the actual show's plot that they never feel implausible or contrived. Both this story and your Three Kisses one are so well crafted that they manage to feel like just one chapter extracted from a complete fanfiction novel. Yet, at the same time, they are complete enough in their own right to be stand alone short stories. The ONLY downside to fictions as maturely and patiently paced as these is the exasperating delay of gratification that they force one to endure: I don't blame the "other" Shinji for losing patience, in the end I just REALLY want you to write ten more (equally well-paced) chapters to this story, or as many as it takes until we can finally get some hard-earned, graphic, lemony, utterly satisfyingn(completely plausible) Shinji/Rei lovin'. It'll feel that much more special because you made us wait so long.

PS: the Zeppelin references were pure fucking GOLD, they immediately and indisputably elevate you to GOD status. May the world bend itself to your will, may you never know an ounce of sorrow, and may death come swiftly to your enemies.
Merridian chapter 4 . 12/29/2007
I feel something coming on, hang on a second...

COUGH! CRONENBURG! BALLARD! PALAHNIUK! COUGH!

By no means was that coughing fit a bad sign, just an interesting note. Ahh... the pleasures of self destruction.

Fantastic, but I have to say that I'd expect nothing less from DarckRedd-and yet it still went above and beyond.

COUGH! ELLIS! COUGH!
Specter Von Baren chapter 7 . 12/18/2007
Finally got around to reading this. So sad. *sniff*

signed

Specter
Tail Kinker chapter 7 . 12/18/2007
Heart-wrenching. Rei is somewhat OOC, but she's older now, with different responsibilities; one can only assume that she's grown somewhat.
Tail Kinker chapter 6 . 12/18/2007
The main story: Cool. Interesting. Quite well written, and I enjoyed it.

The Omake: I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
Astronomy Geek chapter 7 . 12/14/2007
wow the ending was rather chilling. death by gravity. yet i LOVED it! it was really good.
Patrickov chapter 7 . 12/10/2007
#2, #3: THESE are what SxR fics should be.

#4: Oh boy, the horror comes from something we can't understand! Any humor intended anyway?

Oh, and #7 is more angst than #5.
NamelessHeretic chapter 7 . 12/9/2007

The complications of someone like Rei reproducing never occurred to me...
Cryoxe chapter 7 . 12/9/2007
Amazing chapter. Absolutely loved it.
dennisud chapter 7 . 12/9/2007
Your group have done a great job here! You should be proud of the varied but top quality work here!

dennisud
funvince chapter 6 . 10/26/2007
This was very nice. I agree with you that a character doesn't have to be horribly harmed before they can be comforted. Watching Shinji's emotions seesaw while he went looking for help was a little amusing though.

The part at the end where Rei is bandaging Shinji up was both touching and funny. I also like the ambiguity of how much Rei is being caring and how much is just her being practical about not having a fellow pilot bleed to death.

Your omake shows that you can poke fun at yourself which is always a good character trait. I enjoyed it very much.
mangafreak7793 chapter 6 . 10/21/2007
nice chapter it went really since it came from Ikarus Onesun the creator of godchild
NamelessHeretic chapter 6 . 10/21/2007
Massive lulz are in order.
Hamstadini chapter 6 . 10/21/2007
I wouldn't say that it made me cry, but it certainly made me howl with unadulterated laughter. I loved the little details that you put in here - the ones that foreshadow what's happening next, the once with references to certain other people's stories (The Omake was especially awesome) and just little things that made this work. And for the record, I think that Shinji would indeed blow an injury as little as this out of proportion, so it works in the context of the story AND in the genre.

Well done, man, well done.
Shadowed-Moon2525 chapter 5 . 9/3/2007
Well, I must say that the latest entry in this marvelous anthology is worthy of being in it. The writing was spot-on, the pace was perfect, and the theme? Well, Angst is what you set out for, and boy do you have it. Even the silver lining is still kinda depressing. Actually, all of these have been ranging on the neutral-to-dark side. I can't wait to see the comedy entry...
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »