Reviews for The Devil's Own Hospitality
Xion is my fate 'Laura Heart chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
It was very good. I know about "dream writing" and it is very difficult to make understandable. You have a natural talent.
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
I. Am. Intrigued!

The whole dream like sequence showed us how bizarre and confusing the events must have seemed to Molly herself. I still maintain that the strongest part of this piece is the ambiguity-did Molly dream the whole thing, starting with the inn, or did it actually happen? The reader is forced to choose an option, which elevates the tension.

Grubbing around in the dirt under the bridle gives me the creeps...her horror and acceptance of the revelation were vivid. Realizing, or knowing concretely, for the first time, what sort of horror this creature is is quite terrifying. Especially given the foreshadowing of 'losing' when playing a fae's game.

The repetition of Schmendrick's warnings/plea tied the whole piece together-and left us even more intrigued. Is he wounded, dying? Wanting to hold her? Is danger passed or is it only just beginning?

This piece definitely ended on a strong note. Thanks for a great one!
Tiamat42 chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
Oh, very nice! The descriptions are just enough to give you an image, but not enough to be overbearing. It feels very much like a dream, but then again, so did the book, really. Molly and Schmendrick...what a couple, if only for the names. Boring normality meets wildly improbable and almost silly fantasy... what's not to like?

There were a couple of mistakes, missing words I think, and a few awkward sentences that only stand out because the rest of it flows so well.

I haven't read any Last Unicorn fanfic before this...but it's nice to see that it's out there. I loved this book once upon a time. ;)
Kyer chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
You wrote this after severe sleep deprivation? It's a wonder it's as understandable as it is. And quite lovely even if I wish it hadn't ended quite so soon.
pigtailedgirl chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Wow. Wonderful story. It reads so much like the novel in style and description, I'm wondering if you are secretly Mr. Beagle. ;D

Fantastic and favored and printed.