Reviews for The Recovery of Salt
Faye-Faye14 chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
This is so heartbreakingly beautiful.

I loved Rangiku's POV. You did a tremendous job with her perspective. And the ever illusive Gin was also dead on.

Great job! Thank you so much for sharing!

Faye-Faye
matchynishi chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
this was so good.
Ikari no Koe chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
This is so amazing I can hardly even write. Really, the way you've portrayed Matsumoto and her feelings for Gin here... I don't think I've ever seen a better fanfic portrayal. Kudos to you, you surely deserve it!
IchiRukiLover chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
ohh I liked it! *clap clap*
Sersee Grayson chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Surprisingly gritty, well written and deeply relatable.

Shocking for a guy to write, really. ;)

Kidding! But I am impressed.
seeingisdeceiving chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
That was a wonderful story, I feel like I could read it again and again and not be tired of it. I could really feel Rangiku's emotions, the way that you wrote her actions and her thoughts. The bittersweet tone was perfect.
Senka Hitomi chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
This was lovely. Beautiful, stunning, absolutely wonderful. I loved every second of it and I honestly don't think it could have been done any better. This is quite possibly the best piece of RanGin I have ever read. Thank you for writing such a lovely story. I was privileged to read it.
Leksha chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
O.M.G. Stories like this are a perfect example of why oneshots can pack more punches than multi-chaptered fics. Even though this was written like how many years ago, it resonates truly with the latest Bleach chapters that reveal Gin's true intentions regarding his "betrayal" to Soul . .RANGIKU. For her happiness, for her protection, for her future, and even for her past. My goodness, you're like a friggin MINDREADER- I'm in complete awe of your abilities, both psychic and written (haha!). Gosh, I wish wish WISH you could further expand on this couple- there really is so much more you could do with them; with GinRan, there's so much unsaid and unfinished. inner fangirl emerges
Hanqing chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Beautifully written, dancing on the edge of angst.
C. L. Kellen chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Wow...awesome story! I love this pairing and I think you did a great job portraying both of them :)
cake.bot chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Amazing x1,000,000! You've officially converted me to this pairing, even though your intentions weren't the romantic kind. It's so beautifully written, I'm speechless. XD
CornflowerBlue chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Wow. It's beautifully written...I love the way there's hurt written all over it, and bitterness hiding behind a mask of acceptance. The complexity of their relationship, even though not elaborated in the manga/anime, was carefully done up here. Funny, though...somehow, the scenarios feel real. Not real "real" that it happened really in the manga, or in real life...but...

I guess what I mean is that this is something that really happens in real life-a guy starts kind things and the girl falls for it, whether or not the guy really means it. The whole of the situation was captured by the bar scene.

" "One of the vegetable sellers near Rukongai. I see her every morning when I pick up food for here, eh? Once I even offered to watch her stall for her when she wasn't feeling too hot. But then she started acting strange afterwards, like it meant something." He snorts. "I don't know how to tell her, it was just something a friend would do. There was no meaning to it."

Rangiku blinks.

"Oh," she says. "

Oh, man, that must've felt like a stab to the gut, or a harsh wake-up slap. Because, shamefully, I could relate. I guess it's one of the things that makes this story seem real.

There's a lot of things that I could say that begins with "I guess", but I guess this is just some round-about way of saying that I appreciated this story and loved it a lot. And though this is fanfiction, I feel that it is something that has grown very close to my heart. I'm glad I read it.:D
Wing Love chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Best RanGin story I’ve ever read, hands down. It’s been a while since I’ve read a fic that made me desperate to read more. *feels deeply melancholic* It was that perfect. And practically no one gets this pair entirely right. And you did.
alwaysmyoriginalsin chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
This was so sad! I feel exactly like Rangiku right now; I sort of feel like crying, but I can't really because the urge is not that strong. It's just that sinking feeling in my stomach. Gin/Rangiku does that to me.

Beautiful fanfiction. Really good. The way the pin was left at her door again was just heartbreaking.

On a lighter note, the parts of Byakuya, especially "Byakuya's on the warpath again about some breach in conduct" and "Byakuya has vowed death by decapitation." are so hilarious! I can imagine something like that. LOL And "Revised Medical Procedure written on the top, with a smaller note of, How Not To Be Like The 11th Division underneath." Hahaha It's these small little things that gave the whole fic atmosphere. Really great that you added these. :)
silverclaw13 chapter 1 . 4/19/2009