Reviews for A Bloom in Age
Christine Rose chapter 3 . 2/13
This is so beautifully written, I really disliked Amy in the books and by extension Bess who seemed like a whiny weakling, but I really like Bess here! It is fascinating to read this possible and delightful version of Jo and Laurie's future together because I always felt it was tragic for them not to end up together, would love to read more whenever you decide to update!
Anonymous chapter 3 . 12/8/2013
Oh dear :( It appears I'm about 3 years late for this fic. And it was promising to be one of the best yet in this fandom, I think. Don't think there's much a chance of this finishing now, but it couldn't hurt to ask?
(This is me hoping in vain)
Alessandria411 chapter 3 . 8/5/2012
interesting premise. do you plan on continuing it?
AppReader chapter 3 . 8/1/2012
Really interesting read and intriguing premise, shame this seems to have dropped off the radar.
Aleviel chapter 3 . 2/11/2011
I'm so intrigued by this story! I can't wait to see what happens when they reach Europe. Please update soon.
great gospel chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I'm loving your idea, and this is a great story so far. I can see L.M.A.'s characters flourishing under your hand. Can't wait to see how things progress from here.

Sora(:
Mariagoner chapter 3 . 10/11/2010
Ooh, futzing around with Victorian morality, are you? What a brilliant idea! It's nice to see Jo get away from the stiff, stodgy, black-and-white thinking of Bhaer and company and try to actually see the gray of life! And what better guide than Laurie? You intrigue me with this story more and more and I can't wait to see what happens soon enough...
Emerald Zen chapter 3 . 10/1/2010
I think this is your best chapter thus far! I love how you slowly introduce Jo to a new world, a new way of thinking...exactly how will this new perspective affect her relationship with Laurie? Can't wait to find out! Pls update soon...
Emerald Zen chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
Aw poor Bess...I like her...though you don't make her mother Amy seem like a very sympathetic character, lol...I guess its not surprising that she and Laurie have been separated for so long...another great chapter...
Emerald Zen chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
How have I not reveiwed this story? Great stuff! Ohhh Jo is going off to Europe with Laurie...wonder how things will develop?
literaryfreak chapter 3 . 9/26/2010
Woohoo, you're continuing this! I was afraid those two chapters were all we would get. I love, love the way you write - it fits into this time period so well (I think someone else, Elizabeth Harker, said the same thing). And I just love the way you write romance/hints of romance - it's exactly the kind I love to read, I don't know how to characterize it just yet. Thank you for the author's note at the bottom too, because that really tied together the end of the whole chapter for me. There is something a bit dark about how you write your characters, I like it. They're always curious about doing things perhaps not accepted. ;) I'm all for stories where Bess especially becomes more like Jo (or more like the old Laurie and Amy with their music and art) - wanting greatness for herself and not wanting to live within the world that Amy and Laurie have built for her.
Elisabeth Harker chapter 3 . 9/22/2010
So glad you've picked up this story again. You write beautifully, and seem to understand the time period so well.
HarmonyLover chapter 2 . 4/20/2010
Very interesting! I hope you'll continue. I'm really enjoying learning more about Bess; you've made her a little Laurie in Amy's body, which is a fascinating combination. :) And of course, it's always fun to see more Jo and Laurie, and I do love that you've started on a feasible way for that to happen. I'll be looking forward to more! HL.
Mariagoner chapter 2 . 10/10/2009
I really adore how you manage to make Bess- who I thought was *horribly* insipid in the books- into a real character in this series! She really comes off as a victim of her circumstances, and as a pathetically caged yet brave bird trying to fly free. I love the scene of her bonding with Jo, and Jo's subsequent talk with Laurie. You really get at the *intimacy* of Jo and Laurie's relationship, and show how little of it existed between Laurie and Amy, which doomed them as a couple.

Wonderfully written and I really hope you do pick up on this story- or post those other Little Women fic you teased me about previously. ;)
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
I think what I enjoy most about this story is how deftly you manage to summarize so many years passing by these characters without seeming as though you're rushing the fic along, or forcing unnecessary plots to occur to get Jo and Laurie together. Everything feels organic, the writing is very true to Louisa May's own words, and Jo and Laurie and all the people around them seem so wonderfully themselves... only younger, sadder and more in need of each other than ever. I really hope you get back to this story someday- it's absolutely a treasure!