Reviews for A Bloom in Age
Anonymous chapter 3 . 12/8/2013
Oh dear :( It appears I'm about 3 years late for this fic. And it was promising to be one of the best yet in this fandom, I think. Don't think there's much a chance of this finishing now, but it couldn't hurt to ask?
(This is me hoping in vain)
Alessandria411 chapter 3 . 8/5/2012
interesting premise. do you plan on continuing it?
AppReader chapter 3 . 8/1/2012
Really interesting read and intriguing premise, shame this seems to have dropped off the radar.
Aleviel chapter 3 . 2/11/2011
I'm so intrigued by this story! I can't wait to see what happens when they reach Europe. Please update soon.
sheepeater chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I'm loving your idea, and this is a great story so far. I can see L.M.A.'s characters flourishing under your hand. Can't wait to see how things progress from here.

Sora(:
Mariagoner chapter 3 . 10/11/2010
Ooh, futzing around with Victorian morality, are you? What a brilliant idea! It's nice to see Jo get away from the stiff, stodgy, black-and-white thinking of Bhaer and company and try to actually see the gray of life! And what better guide than Laurie? You intrigue me with this story more and more and I can't wait to see what happens soon enough...
Emerald Zen chapter 3 . 10/1/2010
I think this is your best chapter thus far! I love how you slowly introduce Jo to a new world, a new way of thinking...exactly how will this new perspective affect her relationship with Laurie? Can't wait to find out! Pls update soon...
Emerald Zen chapter 2 . 10/1/2010
Aw poor Bess...I like her...though you don't make her mother Amy seem like a very sympathetic character, lol...I guess its not surprising that she and Laurie have been separated for so long...another great chapter...
Emerald Zen chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
How have I not reveiwed this story? Great stuff! Ohhh Jo is going off to Europe with Laurie...wonder how things will develop?
literaryfreak chapter 3 . 9/26/2010
Woohoo, you're continuing this! I was afraid those two chapters were all we would get. I love, love the way you write - it fits into this time period so well (I think someone else, Elizabeth Harker, said the same thing). And I just love the way you write romance/hints of romance - it's exactly the kind I love to read, I don't know how to characterize it just yet. Thank you for the author's note at the bottom too, because that really tied together the end of the whole chapter for me. There is something a bit dark about how you write your characters, I like it. They're always curious about doing things perhaps not accepted. ;) I'm all for stories where Bess especially becomes more like Jo (or more like the old Laurie and Amy with their music and art) - wanting greatness for herself and not wanting to live within the world that Amy and Laurie have built for her.
Elisabeth Harker chapter 3 . 9/22/2010
So glad you've picked up this story again. You write beautifully, and seem to understand the time period so well.
HarmonyLover chapter 2 . 4/20/2010
Very interesting! I hope you'll continue. I'm really enjoying learning more about Bess; you've made her a little Laurie in Amy's body, which is a fascinating combination. :) And of course, it's always fun to see more Jo and Laurie, and I do love that you've started on a feasible way for that to happen. I'll be looking forward to more! HL.
Mariagoner chapter 2 . 10/10/2009
I really adore how you manage to make Bess- who I thought was *horribly* insipid in the books- into a real character in this series! She really comes off as a victim of her circumstances, and as a pathetically caged yet brave bird trying to fly free. I love the scene of her bonding with Jo, and Jo's subsequent talk with Laurie. You really get at the *intimacy* of Jo and Laurie's relationship, and show how little of it existed between Laurie and Amy, which doomed them as a couple.

Wonderfully written and I really hope you do pick up on this story- or post those other Little Women fic you teased me about previously. ;)
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
I think what I enjoy most about this story is how deftly you manage to summarize so many years passing by these characters without seeming as though you're rushing the fic along, or forcing unnecessary plots to occur to get Jo and Laurie together. Everything feels organic, the writing is very true to Louisa May's own words, and Jo and Laurie and all the people around them seem so wonderfully themselves... only younger, sadder and more in need of each other than ever. I really hope you get back to this story someday- it's absolutely a treasure!
cali-chan chapter 2 . 3/31/2009
this review probably comes out of nowhere, but i just found this fic :P and i have to say, i find it very interesting. i, like a grand majority of the LW fans, believe laurie and jo were more than a perfect match, and was heartbroken when they didn't get together. still, whenever i read a laurie/jo fic in here, i also feel like it's a bit bittersweet, because despite the fact that their not being together broke my heart, i loved both sequels to LW, and i loved how happy they were, i loved their kids, and i didn't mind amy and fritz at all. so in that sense, i always feel a bit weird after reading laurie/jo fanfiction, because i still wish canon had happened... i wouldn't change it just to get them together.

and so THIS premise, i find fantastic. i don't think it's too much of a stretch that laurie might've held onto his feelings for jo even after such a long time, and now that jo has had time to think about things in detail, she probably could realize that in a way, she did love laurie back, even if it didn't feel right to accept his proposal. so you're kind of giving me the best of both worlds here. not to mention that i really appreciate you giving bess a little more of the spotlight- such a sweet child, really, i would've wanted to see more of her in the novel, besides the whole dan issue.

i admit i cringed a bit in the amy parts... i think she really loved laurie, and i can't see her as being that cold as to tell him right to his face that he didn't, not anymore- she grew out of that phase, i feel. though i do think she could be a bit controlling of her daughter's life, that seems realistic. but that is only a small flaw i fid in this, everything else i love.

i also appreciate the fact that this really FEELS authentic- the way they speak, their mannerisms, it is so much like reading a passage out of the books, and i quite like that. so i wish you would update this, i realize it's been ages but it's a very promising plotline, and you're doing a great job so far... i'd love to see where it can go.