Reviews for Meeting MarySue
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
I will kill her for the "perturbed is for LOTR fans who read the books!" I swear I will kill her
If you kill her can you make me in the story so that I might have the honors? PLEASE, Please, pleeeaaase...
Here's how I would kill her:

Step 1: give a potion that keeps her alive, conscious, and multiplies the agony by seventy times until it wears off
(special brand specifically designed for Mary- Sues)
Step 2: have everone come out of the Sue-Trance, everybody line up to show how many people despise her
Step 3: pull out her Adam's apple, replace with a acid-covered golf ball
Step 9: hang her for an hour
Step 10: suspend her slowly into a vat of boiling acid
Step 11: drop her in a pit of viper
Step 12: drop her in a lion's den

Sorry if it's too gruesome, but I hate fake fans. My mother would have my head if she knew I wrote this review, after all I am 11 years old. Well, I can't really find flaws.

Ah well, maybe next time.
Keep up the good work!
- spirit of the wild a.k.a. Elise
Painton chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Don't forget the part where Glorfindel loses his war against insane fanfics, the fangirls kidnap him and when he finally escapes he can only repeat over and over, "Please don't call me Glorfy... please... not Glorfy..."
riptocs chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
lol! I'd love to see more of this actually...is that strange of me?
Emily chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Plot holes sound a lot like rabbit holes. Might I borrow a few? Interesting idea, that. : )

Tolkien never said that elves had single-pointed ears? As opposed to what, having eighteen-pointed ears? Now, there's a scary mental image.

Glorfindel was off heading a campaign for sanity and fanfiction and rapidly losing

a) his sanity or

b) the campaign?

Probably both. : )
Sarchale chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Um...

Seeing how this is a parody, (It IS a parody, right? please, it has to be! Mind... slowly... turning... to... mush...) I could go on for pages about the perfection of the great, illustrious, beautifull, heavenly, wonderous, wonderful, vuendebah, geniues Mary-Sue. *coughs, hacks, chokes, and dies from the amount of lies*
The One Called Demetra chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
Mary Sue should be more sueish. But if she was as sueish as most fics, this one would have to have an R rating.
Eltara chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
ROTFL! That was hilarious! The perfect parody of Mary-Sue's. Not that I am an expert in that area but yes, it was so amusing. Especially the gracefulness, yes, one cannot for the gracefulness of Mary-Sue. What a henious act if one should find amesia in that area! *shocked look* lol.
eyes of sky chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
There were many moments which raised a smile, the final sentence probably being the best. However I felt that this wasn't sure whether it was supposed to be a lively fiction or an essay of the attributes of the common Mary-Sue. The vocabulary was well-chosen for the most part, such as "perturbed" - that was a flash of originality. I think the downfall of this was that Mary-Sue parodies are as common, if not more common, than Mary-Sues themselves nowadays, and there wasn't really anything that hadn't been said before.
Itsuna Ohori chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
Pft, haha, Runa you never cease to amuse me with your writing and elaborate vocabulary that others would need a few more years to accumulate. I hadn't known you'd written this for your English class, but that's because we never spend anymore time together! That right there is blasphemy!

I'd be more than willing to pick up my writing for DoAAMS for this summer and hopefully, I'll have found my copy of the Silmarillion (that is to say if I ever got it) and read it entirely. Wordiness and all. Ha! I made up a new word, no pun intended. Really.

I miss you so much dear Runa and I hope you're having a fulfilling summer. Do send me an Email when you get the chance. We have catching up to do.
Hado82 chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Hilarious! Absurdly hilarious and accurate!
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Whuh? It's complete? No...I wanted to hear more Mary Sue torture, liked a hobbit-conducted, horribly botched underarm waxing! Whine! This can't be the only chapptter!
Starset chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
I really enjoyed this - it was great to read something that is not meant to be taken seriously!
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
"Thus Mary-Sue runs off to Riverdale. After all, she has to fix her hair and get her underarms waxed before the Council."

Ooh, you are so mean to her! I love it! Update soon!
Unknown chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
This is a funny parody. But about the "almost all elves have gray eyes and black hair" thing, didn't Tolkien say that most elves have dark hair? So, their hair can be black, but they also can be brown? That's something I've always wondered.

Oh, and the Riverdale thing-priceless. I also enjoyed the "Glorfindel was heading a campaign for sanity in fanfiction and was failing miserably" scenario.
cloudwatching chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
Really great parody, though there are a few missed words (but are they there on purpose?). Ilkorin? really? where are they in the books- silmarillion or LOTR or unfinished tales?