Reviews for A Mile in Their Shoes
Bananafrak chapter 2 . 12/19/2011
I think we'll have to invent a Rick-bashing-Karen-fanboy community hating community now.

Please update.

This is pure awesomeness in a fanfic.
RozenHound chapter 2 . 5/3/2008
I love this story, and I can't wait till #13 turn! Update soon, please?
The Scarlet Sky chapter 2 . 1/8/2008
...Why didn't I think of this?

It's fabulous! Wonderful! And always nice to see someone sticking up for that devilishly handsome chicken boy. XD

And what's this? You're doing Mary and possibly Muffy, too? Rhianwen, you are awesome, I must say.

Ah, silly #26. People forget that in the Harvest Moon world, there are jobs and responsibilities for each character. We can't ALL be farmers who flirt shamelessly while our crops rot.
gothangel12345 chapter 2 . 6/7/2007
I think this is really kool! I think you should do Karen too.

GA#

WUAC RULEZ!
Atavaka chapter 2 . 3/14/2007
This is pretty funny at times, but it actually makes me kind of angry. I mean, there actually are people out there who, like the narrator, are just incredibly ignorant and self-absorbed. And the swearing! I think everyone knows an over-opinionated jerk like #26.

Even if #26 didn't learn anything, the readers can. If you've ever been unsure how to 'write Rick,' then this can give a few tiny hints on his motivations. The main one being his sense of responsibility, of course. We never got to see what motivations Rick might have for hating Kai, but then #26 didn't last all that long.

What an awesome story. Even with the self-inserts (I don't see why they're a bad thing in this case). Can't wait to read more!
Chicken Yuki chapter 2 . 3/14/2007
Interesting... I've heard #26's sort of speech before. Although he seems unusually characterized for a throwawy henchman.

"Yeah; I learned that Rick's a stupid loser who f* up his own life so badly that even someone like me can't fix it." -Very memorable line, if I do say myself.

Oddly enough, I haven't felt any more sympathy towards Rick after reading this, but I do have an amusing Rick-hating friend, and it does make me think about a few things. (Well, he hates Soren from Fire Emblem too, and I actually happen to like him for qualities some of the typical fangirls probably don't bother looking for.)

Still, you're urging me to defend Lillia, here. Gosh, you make her sound like MY mom on a bad day, except, it seems like it's definately one of her normal ones. One of these days, you just might see a fic from me about that woman without exactly playing favorites with any character, but right now I'm not in the mood.

But I must say, you've done it again. I have a strong feeling "Farmer Mitchel" will to return to the present for a little chat with his future wife about sibbling issues. What is it about this uncanny ability of yours to inspire me, anyway?

This has been a great chapter. I can't wait to see the future installments, especially if you're doing Muffy. She never really did come off as someone so utterly shallow, but it can't be helped, right?

(I still weep over what role I placed her for in "Oldskool Rythmn and Blues", but hey, her last name is "Mink" in it, so that should be some sort of consolation.)
lasafam chapter 2 . 3/14/2007
The way you wrote everything from a basher's POV was perfectly amazing. I suppose you learn something from the idiots at forums in one way. Just one.

I looked very forward to 89. :D
1angelette chapter 2 . 3/14/2007
Rhi came back! YAY! So... funny... *twitches*

In other news, I wonder what happens to the Karen-Gray shipper #8.7 after Bob and Popuri and Elli and Mary and Gina?
HaruMei chapter 2 . 3/14/2007
In regards to my previous comment: Oh. 26 is a guy. why'd I think he was a girl? I'm strange. I apologize. *bows* oh, and this 26 idiot reminds me of that guy in the story you wrote where Karen came back from vacation to a depressed and talking-about-divorce-papers Rick. are they based on the same person?
HaruMei chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
...You know, I'm always torn when I read something like this. On the one hand, I feel like yes, you're right, they're idiots, and this is hilarious, but part of me always has to go back and re-examine my reasons for not liking the characters I don't like-namely, Rick, Mary, and Karen-to make sure I haven't turned into one of these 'basher' people.

I dislike Rick because...okay, for a number of reasons, including: 1. he looks weird. yes, I know, immature, but since he's a bachelor I can't help but be somewhat disturbed. And, in my defense, when he gets upset, his face actually scares me. I dropped my gameboy the first time I saw it. No joke.

2. He's a little bit..obsessive. neither my sister nor I like that basically all he says to you is either a)preachy, b)about chickens, or c)both. to the point where he started yelling at my sister about how she'd obviously scared the chickens by bringing her puppy to the poultry farm, when she went around gleefully showing everyone in town her puppy. I HATE being preached at. Also, while I like it when people are protective, the way he spazzes and obsesses over his sister is vaguely creepy. although, that might have more to do with the fact that he gets the creepyface and/or preaches whenever he's being protective.

3. He's a bachelor. and that fact makes me feel uncomfortable, since I am just completely not interested. so, akward.

As for Mary... I don't think I really dislike her so much as a person, but she's my rival for Gray and thus I feel ridiculously jelous whenever I see them together. otherwise, I think she's really quite cute and sweet, and anticipate being good friends once Gray and I get married. I just won't be able to really like her until then.

Karen...frankly, disturbs me a little bit. the way she talks, her personality, the fact that she seems to have a wee bitty alchohol problem, the fact that her wedding dress is WAY too much like a cocktail dress that should be a brilliant crimson and someone accidentally bleached, just...don't particularly like her. as a person. I mean, she seems like she can be nice enough, but she spends too much time being not-nice for me to really like her.

and now that I have gotten that out of my system, I can glomp you and laugh my head off at this story, which promises to be hilarious, and agree with you whole-heartedly.

also...not to nag, but have you gotten anywhere with my Gray's Hat plotbunny? because, if not, I might have to steal it back soon.

and, constructive criticism: er, shouldn't there be a GUY playing another guy? I mean, wouldn't it throw off the storyline if Rick suddenly developed cleav?

*has sudden thought* unless...you plan to turn the female basher into a male in the game? because the reaction to that would be hilarious.

please write me back? now that the Otaku is down, I miss you.
Kumona chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
Nice and intriguing, as usual, Rhi. Wouldn't expect anything less from you, of course _

It's an interesting piece compared to most other HM fanfics, since the initial setting isn't in any of the actual games...I'm surprised that there's an Elli-basher, yet there isn't a Popuri-basher, considering that Kai is supposedly the HAWTEST set of pixels and all xD

Plz update soon, not only on this fanfic, but on the rest of your previous fanfics as well. I'm like, dying to finish all of them _

Kumo
kelley28 chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Mary is hated csuse she's a shy nerd who wears glasses and likes to read. Like me. Mary deserves to have a hot guy.

Anyways, great start. This is going to be fun to read.

I think I actually might know why I think Rick is a jerk. He always tells Popuri what to do. Kind of like how I tell my brother what to do. There's some sort of physcological wording for that, but I don't remember what it is.
JeSsIcA-in-DA-HoUsE chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
This is great! I like how you are making it a type of sociological research experiment _

I had to learn about those in sociology class Just don't forget to follow the APA standards lol

I also like how that you mentioned your 'name' in there because it makes it seem more as an experiment; that you are the researcher, and the participants are the subjects _

I can't wait to read more of this story! update soon!
1angelette chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
...

*laughter* Please tell me Rhi's coming back!

*pause*

Is there any chance that Karen-Gray shipper/fangirl/thing #67 will end up in there?
Chicken Yuki chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
Oh, crud.

It would suck if I was stuck in Ann's role.

I mean, I'm a guy, for one thing. And if I had to be that character, I'd to forego some of the rules and retain my "original" sexual orientation. That's right, you know what that means...

I actually understand Ann, it's just... that's a whole lot of why I don't like her so much, to be honest. Admittingly, she goes great with Cliff, though. But I'd only see him as a friend.

Still, interesting concept. Why is Mary bashed so much? I bet if Rick/Mary weren't after "hotter" counterparts, they wouldn't be hated so much... okay, so Rick would still be significantly despised. Anyway, can't wait to see where this is going.

I just might get in the mood to write about good ol' homocidal scythe-wielding Elli in a black china dress again if you can implant the right inspiration...