Reviews for The Ocarina of Time
Torph chapter 18 . 2/12/2008
I just started on this story a couple days ago and I'm finally caught up. You're doing a great job on this story. It's so much like the game to give you a feeling of nostalgia, yet it's so different that a lot of the time you're wondering what's going to happen next.

I also really like the parts of Twilight Princess you've put into it.

It's not just the story itself but also how it's told to you, and you're doing a great job of that. I love your writing style and I have no complaints thus far. I hope the next update is soon.
Elfa chapter 15 . 2/10/2008
O_o I'm shocked! You killed Saria! I thought I had misunderstood when you said that she was dead, but no... You actually killed her! *looks suspicious* You are not going to kill the other sages, ARE YOU? I mean... Just because they're in the Sacred realm, it doesn't mean they're dead! And remember! They appear in the End Credits so they are not dead. *maybe they're ghosts...* lol Just kidding! :P
Elfa chapter 12 . 2/9/2008
Wow! You are improving(not as good as last chapiter, though!) This is actually a difficult chapiter to write; Link's acceptance of his destiny. And You actually kept your promise! Link really is kicking some buts! xD Love the ending!
Elfa chapter 11 . 2/9/2008
Awesome... REALLY AWESOME! I can't find words to describe it... :D This is actually my favorite part of the game and it's a shame that in the game they don't go into details... Ganondorf's take over... I love it! If you actually continue like this, then you will become my favorite Zelda writer!
Elfa chapter 9 . 2/9/2008
Have you read the Ocarina of time Novelization written by "Arxane"? Your storys are quite similar(zelda's dream 1st chap., meeting Malon(before Castle town and after Death mountain), the Great Fairy Mother from Death mountain, and even calling the sun "Din's Eye",...) If don't, you should read it! It looks like yours(...except in his/her story, he/she added some extra events)*Or maybe I just find them alike because they are the only novelizations I have ever read...?* :P lol ...Whatever... It's good to see the differents points of view!
Elfa chapter 7 . 2/9/2008
I loved the references to the Twilight princess game! You made it seem like the games are connected somehow(each game has it's story so it's hard to connect them...)! And that's good! ;) Please continue!
Elfa chapter 2 . 2/9/2008
I like your story so far(even if I only read the first two chapiters :P)! However I don't think you should have put a Wolfos so early in the story! I mean... If they only appear AFTER the seven years, it's because they are probably too strong for young Link to handle! You said it yourself. Link's is not a expert with swords because he just got one. But I agree with you when you said that his sword skills will gradually evolve. So maybe you should have make him face a weaker foe and THEN you can put the Wolfos! But it's your story so I'll shup my mouth(in this case, my keyboard XD) and leave you to do your job! :)
Elfa chapter 3 . 2/9/2008
Good story so far! *thumbs up* I agree with you on this chapter. I mean... trees aren't supposed to be hollow! I know the Great Deku Tree is a Great Magic Guardian Spirit but even with Magic, trees aren't supposed to be hollow!(and also with huge metallic doors on the inside for that matter XD) But your found a good solution for that! :D And it really fits! Keep it up! And don't forget to find rational explanations to the others game-ish details of the game! I'm looking forward to read your completed story!
Wot Wot Wark chapter 18 . 1/19/2008
Sorry for a useless review with no constructive criticism, but I just wanted to say really quick that I'm really looking to the next chapter (and the fact that it's been recently updated gives me a lot of hope :D).
Wot Wot Wark chapter 6 . 1/19/2008
I love all the additional scenes you put in; they fit really well with "canon" and I think do very well in expanding upon the basic story. Definitely indicative of an excellent novelization :) And this is so well-written, too!
Wot Wot Wark chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
This is really good. Darn you for getting me hooked on a long, good fic :P Now I have to read everything before school starts ...
Sorceress Cassandra180 chapter 18 . 1/15/2008
I must say I"m starting like this in depth version of Ocarina of Time as much if not better than the orginal story itself!

The way you tied all of the Zelda games together (well the few I played) is amazingly real, and your writing style is as breathtaking as a fantasy writer.

Please Continue..
KiloWhiskeyOscar chapter 3 . 1/11/2008
Alright, so far I've read three chapters up to now and I'm loving this. I'll be reading more in the long run so keep up the good work.
The Eagle1989 chapter 18 . 1/4/2008
This is a brilliant novelization of Ocarina of Time. Probably one of the best ones I have read/seen. I like the way you have written it. Keep up the good writing.

Please update soon!
Altum chapter 18 . 12/2/2007
Your story is well-crafted and I've been reading bits and pieces of it. The quality differs, it's obvious where your strengths are, just as your weaknesses. It's good to see you trying to write different types of scenes and develop yourself.

I have to say I'm not too happy with your rendition of Ganondorf, however. He doesn't feel as wise, cold, and calculating as I've always envisioned him. Ganondorf, in my mind, has always been a sympathetic villain, even if ruthless. Your story seems to place him as just overwhelmingly and stereotypically evil. Not necessarily a bad thing since it's stylistic and representative of your interpretation, but he just comes off in a way that irks me. He just feels like a little kid with power and a temper. Sure, he's strong, but it just feels less intimidating to me.

Otherwise, I like your version of Hyrule at this point in time. Well done.
362 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »