Reviews for The Ocarina of Time
Dragoon Swordsman chapter 2 . 3/1/2007
Nice chapter. Definitely a better way for Link to get the Kokiri Sword, more dramatic.

I don't think you're nuts, by the way. I'm trying my hand at an FF8 story while listening to an endless loop of the first Gundam Wing opening theme.
Pokeprof chapter 2 . 3/1/2007
I must say, you really delivered with this chapter. I loved the opening and the fact you pointed out that Link is left handed. My only real complaint about this chapter is that I would think that Navi would have probably urged Link to hurry up and find the sword instead of showing her off to his friends, if only because she's afraid for the Deku Tree and it's still rather early in her and Link's relationship.
Scop chapter 2 . 2/28/2007
This site is lousy with OoT novelizations. But this... This one, I'm glad I gave it a chance, because you're a quality writer, Pep. Good stuff, nice choice the location of the Kokiri Sword. The fight with the wolfos was also nice (and I'm pretty sure I spotted the 'possibility' you mentioned). I see only one drawback to it: Link has just blooded himself on quite a fearsome creature, but what remains to challenge him? But I'm sure you'll come up with something, or write subsequent monsters that fight quite smart. And I feel your pain on narratives for dungeons, believe me.

One other thing: the archaic forms of address the Deku tree uses. I think they're consistent with the game, but if you don't mind, I'll provide you with some possibilities (or you can crack open some Shakespeare, which I recommend in any case for anyone ;)): "I shall not," "thy power," "Thou canst not." I wish I could be specific in how I know they're more correct, but I always resisted the formal terms of grammar.

Some other phrases you might find useful: 'Thou canst not,' 'get thee gone,' 'take thy leave,' 'my heart is only thine,' 'why dost thou,' 'it does, doth it not?' I hope that's not an overload of information.

At any rate, you've got some good writing going on here, I like your characterization of Link, and I look forward to the next chapter!
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 2 . 2/28/2007
The journey through the woods was quick, but you explained why that was. The Wolfos battle seemed to be good, but it felt like it was lacking something to me. Maybe I needed music. *shrug*

On a side note, I'm curious as to what you have planned. I always wondered why Link didn't use his Kokiri blade as a knife as an adult. Woulda made my job easier...

Good chapter, nonetheless.
Solid Shark chapter 2 . 2/28/2007
Well, this is developing well. Of particular note are the acquisition of the Kokiri Sword -it always seemed a little too anticlimatic in the game, as far as I'm concerned- and the appearance of the Wolfos. Or, more precisely, the description of what was WRONG about the Wolfos. Too intelligent, leaking black fire instead of blood... nice lead-in to Ganondorf's more obvious bits of nastiness (like, say, taking over all of Hyrule...). ~Solid Shark
LordPanther chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
I just want to wish you the best of luck as you tackle your many novelizations. I'm a fan of your novelizations so I'm excited with what you'll do with this story. I even made a start on doing my own novelization of this as this is one of my favorite games. As for the chapter, it's a good beginning with a fresh take on Zelda's dream and the interaction between Mido and Link gave me a clear grasp on the two's relationship to each other. Maybe I'll get lucky and you'll write this like Gunblade and put up a chapter almost every week.
awesome chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
oh dude! you gotta update soon! It was a great read!
hominesnocturne chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
good start, anyhow. I havent thought of Ocarina in years, but i may have to pull it out of the dust and play again, so that i can follow your epic. If this is anything like Gunblade, you have set a high bar for yourself, dear boy.

I dont recall the Deku tree ever mentionning anythin outside the forest, is that artistic liberty, or have I forgotten that much?

Looking forward to more, and kindly update Mako, lest I do it myself lol. Trust me, I could not do your writing justice.
Stealth Photographer chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
I can't wait for more
LightningGemini chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Nice start. Looks like this is gonna be an interesting fic.
Tain Shari chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Heh, cool. I look forwad to reading this epic. Will we also see updates on your other works in progress? Or are you going to focus entirely on writing this for a while?

Also: "...he felt something else, a tugging longing sensation on his spirit, as if an invisible (?) and was quietly but insistently drawing him up and away, to look further and explore farther." Invisible what?
Rycott chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
I see it finally materialised after being just a small insane twinkle in your eye.

Its a good start though and I am looking forward to more for sure :)
Daniel Wesley Rydell chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
There's not much I can say here, 'cept...

Yeah. You're my hero. You are absolutely my hero.

Anyway. I liked the interludes as to what occurred between Ganon and the GDT. Saria's one of my favorites, and you portrayed her well. I would expect no less from ye. Toodles.
Pokeprof chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
I must say, bud, that I'm rather happy. First off, your original FFVI novelization was fantastic and descriptive, with the rewrite (As far as it's gotten) being even better. Now your doing OoT? I'm really looking forward to how much justice your going to do Link and the others.

On the other hand, you always say to challange you and point out your mistakes and what not so you can get better, so I'll do so now. Your Prologue, though the very begining of it was fantastic, kinda fell flat for me when you reached introducing Link and the other Kokiri's. Mainly because almost everything in there was identical to a OoT manga that I have, which felt to me like you weren't really trying and went a bit of an easy route for the begining.

Really, though, I can't wait for the next chapter. I'm almost as big a Zelda fan as I am a FF fan.
RandomTopic chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
Would Saria know that Link wasn't a Kokiri because he was left there when he was a baby by his mom (I'm pretty sure that's right...)?

Anyway, please continue. This is really interesting, and your writing is really good.
363 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 Next »