Reviews for A True Woman
Almighty God of Paper chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Jud is not that bad of a villain, however, for the time, Broadway had not seen a villain that bad in quite sometime. Before Oklahoma!, musicals were mainly about popular songs set to a bad plot and chorus girls kicking their legs. Attempted murder and death did not occur at all, so Jud's character was rather unfounded for the time. However, he was also a three-dimensional character, and it's a shame that the movie version cut out his solo Lonely Room. I personally love his character.

Anyway, I did enjoy this drabble. I love introspective fiction, especially about villains. I'd love to see more from you.
Barcavolio chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Aw, Jud isn't as bad as people make out. I'm in a production of Oklahoma (playing Aunt Eller) and the guy playing Jud has made this whole back story to how Jud became how he was (involving a dead mother, being called Judas, and lots of miserable shyte). Anyway, nice story.
TheSilentQuill chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
No, Jud isn't so bad after all. You got to feel sorry for him when Laurie fires him.
x-forbiddenrose-x chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
I'm so happy to see more Oklahoma! fics here. This was really quite good. Currently, I'm playing Laurey, so I really have been delving into the characters. I like how you showed a sort of human side of Jud.