Reviews for Martian Manhunter
Winter's Folly chapter 8 . 6/26/2014
Oooh. Bad, very bad.
Kirinin chapter 3 . 5/27/2014
The tiny blonde snark... it is everywhere.

It was fun to 'hear' Veronica and Buffy speak to one another; I could clearly hear the voices of both actresses in my head, so it's clear you've got their patter right.

Buffy and Veronica are such similar characters that I'd started to conflate them in my head before you ever wrote this. They're both hard-boiled, tiny blonde kick-butt and take-names teenagers with double-lives who work on mystery-of-the-week-type plots.

On the one hand, this may mean that your universes are about to mesh super-well. On the other hand, it may mean that you essentially have the same character twice, and may have difficulty giving them disparate and unique personalities.

And dare I ask what connection Willow is going to have to Logan's older, half-sister, or what connection Beaver's stepmom is going to have to Cordelia Chase? That much unintentional crossover could get awkward. :)

Enjoying it so far! Thanks,

-K
mh21 chapter 98 . 5/27/2014
What a great story, I really enjoyed it. Great characters, writing, plot, witty dialogue, and merging of two universes. My only critiques are that I thought the ending was a bit rushed and I wish there was more emphasis on the romance between Logan and Veronica. The interactions they did have were so well done though. I also hated to see Spike die since he's one of my favorite characters, but the way you explained why it had to happen made sense.

Also, good work on writing a female character so well. It's usually pretty obvious when a male author is writing fanfiction from a female point of view (ie: they're terrible at it), but I didn't even realize you were a guy until you signed off an author's note as 'Rob'. So kudos to you for writing a three dimensional and believable girl. On the flip side of that, I've honestly never met a straight girl who didn't swoon for either Spike or Angel, so your Veronica must have her hormones fully in check. ;)

I'd love to see an epilogue where she tells the gang and Logan that she's Epimetheus and about their futures. It would be so fun to see their reactions.

Thanks for sharing this fun story!
Antaros chapter 98 . 5/16/2014
A combination of universes I would never have expected. Yet I had a ton of fun reading through this. You really got the Veronica-isms right.

Thanks so much!
nebulord chapter 98 . 5/8/2014
That was an insane read! Fantastic work :)

If you ever write a sequel (because seriously that ending is begging for one), I would love to see the reactions of everyone when Veronica tells them ;p
Doris the Younger chapter 98 . 4/21/2014
I really loved this story-and I never happened to watch Veronica Mars, so I ought to be a hard sell. I have faith in the reviewers, though, so I am assuming you got her right. What a clever idea, to use the fan-insert theme and insert a character from another show as the insert. And besides this you created Sheila Kelly and actually made her a real person too, someone worth caring about. Several chapters of 'what happens next' summaries would be terribly boring in most stories but in this case I really wanted to know what was going to happen next. I rooted madly for Veronica the whole time, and what an ending-she's going to try harder third time around. Thanks-this story was really gripping.

I do have one major complaint-suggestion really, if you're still hanging around and reading reviews. Your story is classed under Veronica Mars, which means the Buffy fans aren't likely to see it. Any chance you could shift it over for awhile to be under "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" to attract a new audience? (I will not recommend throwing it into the crossover ghetto.) I found it myself in a Favorites list and am doing my part by adding it as a favorite myself
Veedramon chapter 98 . 3/14/2014
Ah, this is gonna be fun!
Veedramon chapter 97 . 3/14/2014
Uh? She asked for what?
Veedramon chapter 96 . 3/14/2014
Does she really?
Veedramon chapter 95 . 3/14/2014
The knights are just a minor annoyance at beast.
Veedramon chapter 94 . 3/14/2014
Well, so far so good.
Veedramon chapter 93 . 3/14/2014
Yes, but Buffy and Willow are doing better so far.
Veedramon chapter 92 . 3/14/2014
Well, this is interesting so far.
Veedramon chapter 91 . 3/14/2014
Well, this doesn't look good for Manhunter.
Veedramon chapter 90 . 3/14/2014
Well, She improved some things, but also, no Spike.
1,050 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »