Reviews for Martian Manhunter
DavidB226Morris chapter 17 . 6/11/2007
In the interest of honesty, I will admit I've never seen Veronica Mars. Yes, I have sinned. But the show has been up against House, Scrubs, and Law and Order: CI. My TIVO can only do so much. But I mourn its loss, and hope that the Mars Bars campaign works. (And it might. If they can use Tabasco to save Roswell, that means they'd be more open to saing a better show like Mars. It is, after all, the sister network.)

Anyway, the gift of a good fanfic writer (which you are) is that he can make an unscholared reader like the story he's writing. And you have an excellent voice for the Buffy-verse, the Mars-verse and how the latter might view the is an engaging and entertaining fanfic, and even though it has the series as canon, I don't know what'll happen next.

I bask in the glow of your genius and eagerly await the next chapter. This is a corker of a story, and I hope you'll turn into some kind of series. But that's in the future.
FranklyMyDear27 chapter 17 . 6/11/2007
This is great! The most unusual VM fic I have ever read. Can't wait for the next chapter...Xander and Lilly? I guess anything is possbile..I wish Weevil had made it to that universe though.
Howard Russell chapter 17 . 6/11/2007
An excellent chapter.

Nice playing of Ms. Calendar. She needed the wakeup call.

Maybe VM needs to check out Ethan's, anyway. Maybe there's a costume there that would be beneficial, even if the imparted abilities aren't that reliable. And several fics have postulated that the abilities might be retained if they're *practiced* every once in a while. It could be that Xander's faded because, after getting the rocket launcher, he never a damn thing with them. I mean, even real-life gained skills fade if unused.

If Halloween is going to happen anyway, may as well try to get some benefit if at all possible. True, there may not be any superhero costumes there, but a master thief would have skills useful to a private eye.
GotChikinSoop chapter 17 . 6/11/2007
I LoVed the update. It would be so weird if Xander was one of Lilly's boytoy. It would explain the contempt though. Please update soon. Still wanna see how Halloween pans out. Also, can't wait for another V & Logan interaction.
rocks and glass chapter 17 . 6/11/2007
ooh, that would be quite good if it was. i liked the meeting, and the entire story is absolutely brilliant. can't wait for more!
Imzadi chapter 17 . 6/11/2007
Great chapter. I loved her scene with Jenny/Jana. If she could stop Angel from killing Jenny, that would be fantastic (although to be honest I'd love to see Giles/Joyce even more than Giles/Jenny). The scene in the magic shop was also well done. So Lilly may have been with Xander? Interesting. The girl got around.
brencon chapter 17 . 6/11/2007
Interesting chapter. Lilly with Xander is definitely something she would've done. The Jenny/Veronica conversation was excellent. Can't wait for the next chapter.
enchantedlight chapter 17 . 6/10/2007
great chapter! update soon!
trecebo chapter 17 . 6/10/2007
Whoa. Nice 'Alias-ing' there.

May Rob Thomas dump a truck load of melted candy on the CW's doorstep and get a good reaction.
Allen Pitt chapter 17 . 6/10/2007
That's... brilliant! Swapping out Xander for Eli..in that aspect. Good idea! It's either all about Lily somehow OR somehow about the 'missing hours' when she was drugged, and that's kind of unlikely...

Disappointing on the no-magic (though nice about being semi-immune) but it would have been on her checklist to find out. ie if learning to do magic wasn't too hard, she'd have had to be an idiot not to at least consider trying it... but also if it WAS easy, then everybody in Sunnydale would have done it...

* I can live with the 'not canon unless it was said on the show' rule- hm, with the provision that there were lots of flashbacks on "Angel" about his & other's pasts (Spike, Dru, Darla etc)- making Faith's name not Lehane of course makes it impossible to trace her in advance, good thinking (VM just might have) ... I sure hope Jenny asks some questions of her uncle...
Michael Clarke chapter 16 . 6/7/2007
Point 1 Your a bloody brilliant author

Point 2 I Sincerely Hope Veronica Mars Is Half As Good As Your Writing Of It.

P.S.

More Martian Manhunter Please :)
missdaisy2 chapter 16 . 6/5/2007
This is just a random thought, and you totally don't have to use my suggestion because you are pretty much a genius when it comes to fic but I was thinking that maybe Veronica could buy a bunch of different costumes and put the peices together and use what she gets from them when halloween roles around. What those costumes could be I have no idea. Like I said it was just a thought. Love the story so far by the way. I like your concept and how you crossed the two stories together. Can't wait for more!
GotChikinSoop chapter 16 . 6/4/2007
Great update. So glad V & Sheila got Aaron for 20 grand. He so deserves that. Logan & V being slightly civil towards one another, not a bad thing. Hope we see Halloween in the next chapter.
brencon chapter 16 . 6/4/2007
Excellent chapter, as per usual!
trecebo chapter 16 . 6/4/2007
Still tops in my book. Do you secretly have RT hiding in your closet, whispering things in your ear at night? Oh. Maybe not, because that just sounded wrong... :P
1,047 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 .. Last Next »