Reviews for To Prove Herself
ElphabaTheDelirious117 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
This is really a wonderful fanfiction. Even if it's short, I say it's one of your best oneshots. It has a very sarcastic feel to it, like Elphaba's telling the story. Nice job. :)
The Pixess chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Oh, that's interesting. The bit at the end where she said she wanted revenge intregues me- it sort of seems like it relates to the book/movie version Wicked Witch of the West- like, if she really *did* turn wicked, that would be one of the core, subconcious reasons. Very interesting.
CMdream chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
"F for extraordinary" I LOVE that. And Elphie here is very relatable.
lilyamongthorns chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
ooh, I liked it alot. Go Elphie!
PhantomElphaba chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
Oh...That sent sent shivers down my spine! It was very good. I like the reverse logic-thingy. That's very creative.
The Phantom's Muse chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
WHAT? An 'F'? Is she out of her mind? Ugh! I'm sorry you have your own personal Madame Morrible on your back. But on the plus side, I really liked how you included a personal experience in the life/world of Elphaba. .

'Her two year old mind struggled with this: if she had done it, mustn’t there be some way she could bring her mother back?'

-Oh! That line just breaks my heart! *cries* I can just imagine little Elphaba's look on her face as she tries to sort her theory and confusion out.

'And since she couldn’t bring her mother back, she owed Nessarose a mother. An extraordinary one. To make up for what she had done. So Elphaba took it upon herself to take care of her sister. Very good care. Even when she felt like her little four year old spine might crack under the pressure.'

-Poor Elphie. You can't help but feel proud of her and want to support her when you see her take on so much on her own.
omg.it's.wickedjelly chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Like Fae, I think that this piece stood out from all your others. I really enjoyed the writing style.

And the F? I don't think so, Madame.
Molliaka chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
OOH! Emeleh, it's GREAT!

(I'm going to go shoot the people at fictionpress, now, okay? Because they won't get off my case, so down goes the story.)
WhisperedMuse chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Wow, a bit of Elphaba determination, that's what we all know and love. Fabulously written as per usual m'dear.

I have to rant now. An 'F'! (I will be sending you a PM about this in a bit) but I'm gonna ask this anyway, did you give her the other one, and, more importantly, did she mark it? ;)

That just proves life isn't fair, when someone as talented as you ends up with an evil Madam Morrible of an english teacher, then again, it happened to Elphie didn't it? Look what happened to her...(lol)

Kate x
Eve akaTheWickedWitchofOz chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
Your teacher is a, well like you said obviously your own personal Morrible. Like Fae i adore everything of yours I have ever read and I consider you one of the best writers on the site!

Don't let your teacher get you down just because *she* lost her ability to appreciate creativity or whatever her problem is.
Fae2135 chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
This was a very nice little venting piece; clever of you to turn your completely justified anger into a piece about Elphaba's need to prove herself. For some reason, although I adore every word you've ever posted on this site, this had an even greater sense of realism than your considerable norm - perhaps because you wrote from experience? Anyway, forget what old Horrible Morrible's clone says; you know infinitely more about good writing than she could ever hope to learn in her entire miserable lifetime. "Something has changed within me... something is not the same... I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game..."