Reviews for The Ballad of Sam and Jess
GreenChipFrenzy chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
If this was in a movie format, I think that it would be in the style of Scot Pilgrim vs. the world or Its Kind of a Funny Story.
GuestofHonor chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Oh my God.

That was amazing and horrifying and wonderful and depressing and I'm just sitting here on my bed, sobbing. I'm literally bawling. I can't even handle this right now. This level of... anything. This is beautiful and heartbreaking and I don't even know what to say. You, my friend, are an artist. I'm so glad I found this.

Arilaen chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
WOW. That was beautiful. I love AU stories like this, and damn you're an amazing writer. The way you portray Sam and Jess - with emotions not explicit but rather hidden just like the characters would hide them - is amazing, realistic, and heartbreaking. Thank you for such a great story! So sad though ( ( But I can't imagine this being written any better - it's perfect! D
HereForStressRelease chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
This story was so amazing. You are a really good writer. So sad though.
Xeniya chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
It's a total AU and practically it doesn't have any supernatural in it, but still it's a very good story. I really liked the way you portrayed Sam, regardless everything that happened to him in your fic, he's stil Sam from the show. And the whole story is sad in a good way. )
Lauriena chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
wow that was very very different and very good
PrincessNothing3 chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Very Well Done! I Loved It! Even though it is AU, it was still in Character, Ya Know? That's Talent. You Don't Mind if I print this out to save, do you?
AmesLuvsTheMetallicar chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
omg this is one of the most amazing fics ive read. it was so well written. i loved it!
Maygin chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
...I want to cry.

How tragically beautiful. Geeze, I really want to go lock myself in my bedroom for a week now. I loved this idea, where you took Sam and Jess. I hope this doesn't come out bad, but I loved how you didn't make the rapes such a big deal, because to Sam and Jess it was just another 'hard knock' for them and isn't that all the more tragic? That they don't wake up with the wonderment of what exciting thing could happen, but rather the stalemate of just simply existing and what's going to go wrong.

Great, beautiful story! Thanks :)
bally2cute chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
First, I must say that the imagery in this was excellent. The way you described things and painted pictures was very luring, and I didn't look away after the first part. While reading this I paralleled it with the other universe. The evolution of Sam...how he changed, but didn't lose what makes him the Sam we know from canon(?). And then there was Jess...These two incredibly damaged people that found friends and a bit of hope in each other...The 49.5% optimist in me wanted them to be completely saved by each other, make to Palo Alto, start over and be happy...But this was a hard hitting, emotional, tragic, beautifully written story, so that wasn't meant to be.
friendly chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
that was good...
carocali chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
What a sad vision of a future without Dean. What a homeless child must endure to survive. I fear you have portrayed this very well, and it makes me cringe at the thought of youth on the streets.

I am glad that Sam still found Jess, even though it's a terrible fate - for both of them. She is his true love and they will be together.

Very thoughtful, if not disturbing, take on life without hunting.

:D

caroline
Starliteyes17 chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
PLEASE don't end it like this. I don't think I can stand it if the implication is that Sam dies too! Can't you have Dean finally track him down or something? PLEASE?

Other then that, great AU. Love the development of Sam and Jess' relationship. Sam's detachment from everything that happens to him (getting beaten, feeling abandoned, being raped) is scary but feels so realistic.

I love this piece, but it's so depressing! Please add on - even if it's just a small happy ending.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
Awesome. Sad, but very well written. Catch ya on the flip side.
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 2/28/2007