Reviews for Happy Endings and Fairy Tales
paintedbones chapter 1 . 7/4
beautifully done, I got that satisfied warm-fuzzy feeling that you get after reading a these kinds of good stories :3
Carcrash87 chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
This was so well done. All your stories are amazing :)
KoreanMusicFan chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
i think that even though this is a one shot it has a good storyline to be turned into a multi-chapter story or at least a two-shot.
think about it, a second chapter to follow up things from ed's point of view and maybe him being cornered in the office to explain himself.

Anyway, i really loved this short story i found it to be funny and enjoyable. Thanks for writing it!
DemonCry chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Most fairytales are based of the Grimm tales and they generally did not have pretty endings
9foxgrl chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
ouch, poor Ed.
You should read the Grimm fairy tales. A lot more blood thirsty.
Cased In Darkness chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
The reasons for old nursery rhymes were morbid was to teach children lessons about life during a time when oral tradition was common. . .

. . . And then Disney made them happy-go-lucky. No. . .

Also in the original Cinderella, the step sisters cut off their toes in an attempt to fit in the glass shoe, and then later had their eyes poked out by birds. Rapunzel also was impregnated and cast out of the tower and the prince who got her pregnant was blinded by the witch who had taken her (Rapunzel was also traded to the witch by her father because her mother was craving "Rapunzel" cabbage and trading his unborn daughter was the only way to escape with his life). It's also suggested that Rumpelstiltskin is the devil incarnate in some versions (we had a Colombian immigrant in an english class of mine and we ended up on the topic of Brothers Grimm and their wonderful fairy tales).
Bondubras of Devoncroix chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Y'know, this story makes PERFECT sense to me...
Also, A tip of the hat for mentioning 'Ring Around the Rosie' Not many people realize that the rhyme is about funerals... Posies are the traditional flowers for a person to hold in their coffins. Plus, 'Ashes, ashes' refers to cremation...
Overall, this is a good story.
-Maelstrom
Smoky Opium chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Actually, intresting side note on "Ring around the roses", It actually originates from the Bubonic plague, describing the coughing, the pustules and the suposed remedies used at the time, so not even a mite of happiness in that rhyme.

Nice pickup, and it fits Edwards character really well. It's so easy to imagine him saying that.
Xtraitor chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Woah. That's freaky. I never noticed that before. Jeez, I wonder how people's childhoods haven't been... ruined, for lack of a better word, because of these fairy tales. Sire makes you think, huh.

You spelled Hughes' daughter's name wrong. Its Elicia, not Alicia.
kateydidnt chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
totally a true point-and the versions that we grow up with are usually the disneyized version whereas the originals are rather horrible at times. then there's the little mermaid where she turns into sea foam. . .
the.stories.live.on chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Man, this is so true. So true. And well done. Bravo.
BornOnTheBreakOfDawn chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
actually i realized this a long time ago, when i was still probably in high school (i've graduated college already by the way) when i encountered a hidden stash of story books in a box we had kept before...they were written by Hans Christian Andersen...and i was surprised, because as a child i grew accustomed with fairy tales that have been shown in disney cartoons and such...but there was a major difference between what i've read and what i've watched. it was then i realized the tragic fates those characters in the stories have experienced. also, i realized the same thing with the nursery rhymes...of course, it's not obvious when i learned them as a child...but as one understands better while growing older, i noticed that there were also horrid things that were included in them... particularly, i got that idea when my brother suddenly sang the "rock-a-bye baby". try to analyze it and you'll get what i mean...
Anake14 chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Meh...things like this have to be pointed out to people at some point or other...make me wonder why the hell no one else realizes these things, kinda like the Hunchback of Notre Dame or shakespears stuff...
Eriisu-April chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Nice short story, perfectly points out what every young adult eventually realises. Cool!
loser in the gutter chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
oh i know! nursery ryhmes are horrible. like rock-a-bye-baby... ah