Reviews for An Old Haunt for a New Hunt
bhoney chapter 5 . 12/27/2008
This cracked me up: “Why do you even bother asking me, if you are just going to ignore me anyway?” he asked. “I like to let you think you have some say in the matter.” LOL

And this SO sounded like Dean: "It wasn’t exactly fair, but being a big brother was not about being fair. It was about keeping his little brother safe."

I'm very intrigued by the "don't answer the knocking" thing. Hmm...still wondering if the other hunter was John.
bhoney chapter 4 . 12/26/2008
This made me giggle: "It seemed, even when he was not here, Sam was still a pain his ass." LOL

Loved that you had Becky say, "Uff-da"-great touch! And I'm intrigued by the Fleckafest. I have no idea what that is, but it sounds interesting and unique. Wow, a town of only 700 people-I can't even imagine! But that does make it hard for the boys to blend in. LOL

LOVED that Sam was so determined to get out of the hospital and try and get to Dean so he'd have backup. I do love a determined Sam. :)

And I'm really intrigued that another hunter had been there last year-sounds like John to me. Hmm...
bhoney chapter 3 . 12/22/2008
I love the quote you use from Babylon 5. Very comforting. :)

LOVED the flashback to when Sam was sick as a kid, and was comforted by Dean being there. I especially liked this: 'I’m not going anywhere, kiddo,' he replied. 'Never, ever?' Sammy asked his hazel eyes glassy with fever. 'Never, ever,' Dean promised." So sweet.

This made me giggle: ‘Great, Sam’s doctor is a quack.’ LOL

And I love Dean's response to the doctor's threat: “You would regret that.” I gotta love a dangerous, protective Dean.

Both of these parts made me crack up: “I’m better than okay,” Dean answered flippantly. “I’m devastatingly handsome and charming.” And modest. He forgot modest. *snort*

“I’m the oldest,” Dean reminded him needlessly, and folded both arms behind his head. “I don’t have to go to sleep when you do.” LOL

Glad the doc saw reason and moved a bed into Sam's room for Dean.
bhoney chapter 2 . 12/22/2008
My recollection of high-school french is that "Pomme de Terre" means potato. For some reason, it makes me giggle to think of Potato Lake. LOL

This totally had me cracking up: “You kept asking for WooBee, and snuggling up next to me.” *snort*

Great job setting the scene, as usual. And now, Dean's in danger, gotta run to the next chapter!
bhoney chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
This cracked me up: “I want an uncomplicated, good old-fashioned, shoot, salt and burn it. No touchy-feely, morally complicated, demonic possessed, crazy people hunt this time. Think you can handle that, Sammy?” LOL Sounds just like Dean, but really-shouldn't he know better by now? When do they EVER pull off uncomplicated? *snort*

Loved that the boys took all those guys in the alley out, but hate that Sam got hurt. So sweet that he tried to make Dean feel better about it, but he has pneumonia in addition to broken ribs? That can't be good.

The Murphy bed cracked me up too, especially when it folded up on Dean. Now THAT should be in an episode. LOL The room you stayed in sounds...uh...great. Especially the hair in the fan. Nice.
RavenMerc chapter 7 . 8/17/2008
Another awesome fic! You've got Sam & Dean down so perfectly, but I'm not thinking much of the ICU nurses that were suppose to be watching out for Dean. They should have been all over that room when the monitor alarms went off initially, and he shouldn't have been able to get out of the unit. Sorry, I've worked in a hospital for my entire adult life and sometimes things just bug me. :( This is why I don't watch "House" or any other hospital-based show.

Bit's I just loved:

'“Ah, I thought I asked for a room with two beds?” Dean asked pulling back the covers, and helping Sam to the bed.

“Yeah, the other bed is a Murphy bed,” the clerk reassured him.

“A who now?”'

Been there, slept in one. I still think they're creepy.

'“Where did you sleep last night?” Sam asked carefully enunciating every word.

“You woke up in the same room we stayed in,” Dean teased. “It only had one bed, how hard can it be to figure out?”

“I don’t remember anything after I fell asleep in the car,” Sam admitted.

“Ah well, that’s probably a good thing, Sammy. You were pretty out of it,” Dean could barely keep the grin out of his voice. “You kept asking for WooBee, and snuggling up next to me.”

At Sam’s horrified look, Dean laughed and let his brother off the hook. “Or, the other bed folded out from the closet, take your pick.”

Sam walked through the door his brother had graciously left open for him and quipped, “So what you’re telling me is this morning you finally decided to come out of the closet.”'

*giggle* That was a good set up and delivery. Very much our boys there. :)

'“I told you.”

“You also told me there was a spirit in the toilet that would get angry if I didn’t flush,” Sam sniped. “I was afraid to sit down on it for a week.”

“Sh’yeah, that was sweet,” Dean said with half a laugh.

“I was four,” Sam replied with a frown. “I think it just about killed me.”

“Yeah, well you not flushing just about killed me,” Dean replied unrepentant.'

*snicker**snort* I think this qualifies as a sharing violation on someone's part. ;) Bad, naughty Dean. *giggle*

Kudos again on the story. :)
Take Mercy chapter 7 . 1/18/2008
Wow, this was such a great story.

Such an amazing ride of ups and downs, and I enjoyed every second of it!

I love the style of your writing. It's descriptive, and you've captured the brother's personality beautifully. Again, great job! :)
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 1/3/2008

“Yeah, the other bed is a Murphy bed,” the clerk reassured him.

“A who now?” Dean asked."

What is wrong with my mind? This story is amazing and I get stuck on this part - Made me laugh out loud. So ridiculous. A who now? AHH! Hysterical! The things that amuse me. Fun story! Moving on to chapter 2 :)
Left Hook chapter 4 . 11/19/2007
Hehehe...Potato Lake. :)
IheartSam7 chapter 7 . 8/1/2007
oh i am sad to see that end it was a great fic!
IheartSam7 chapter 6 . 8/1/2007
that was good too :)
IheartSam7 chapter 5 . 8/1/2007
LOVED IT! That was one of the best chapters- emotion and information! I am intruiged by the blue bruises on Dean! I like Edna and the small town vibe you have in this story. It adds so much! I cant wait to see what is up next :-)
IheartSam7 chapter 4 . 8/1/2007
ok that was so good. you are sure punishing sam... and i love it teehee
IheartSam7 chapter 3 . 8/1/2007
god I love how you write the brothers-the bantering and the caring-its so real. its like I am sitting here watching an eppy on the tube. That is great. I am a fan of you now for sure. I cant wait to read more. haha i just rhymed LOL I am still delirious a little myself teehee ok so good stuff keep up the good stuff :)
IheartSam7 chapter 2 . 8/1/2007
wow. that was great. i loved that. sam and dean are perfect in this story!
117 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »