Reviews for A Promise to Keep
katelaina1717 chapter 1 . 2/1
This was such a touching fic and I could totally see that with the way Charlie's mind works this could have happend most likely. Great fic.
GlOmP3R chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I loved this ! Aha, kickass job(:
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
That was a really good story!
May Eve chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
I love this concept and I love how well you wrote our boys. Very nice work. _
AriesTaurus chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Wow. I just found this and I really liked it. I don't think this conversation is reallistic in the sense of what we saw later in Charlie's reaction to Don asking him to come to his session but initself, the story was beautiful and so well done!

I could feel Don's pain, Charlie's too. Wow.

This is going straight to my favourites
epalladino chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Interesting addition to the episode. I like the insight into Charlie's past and how it connects to what Don is going through right now. Thanks, Beth
Lutralutra chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
Wow, this was really good. Charlie's admissions were disturbing, but in a way that struck a chord deep down rather than just making you feel disgusted on the surface. I can imagine it impacting Don just this way - I think you wrote both characters spot-on. I love fics that show the two brothers working together to help each other outside of cases, and this was beautiful. You have talent, and this is going into my Favorites without delay. :)
jo1964 chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
loved it! characters very realistically written.
Sushi Chi chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Good story.
bonniech chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Hi Alice! I emailed you but I wanted to reply here as well. I won't be anymore coherent here as I was in email though. LOL!

First, this was absolutely positively wonderful! I really loved this story. You captured exactly what I would expect from Don and Charlie. I loved Charlie's history at Cambridge and how you involved Susan. I have to admit I liked her and was happy to see her name. ;-) I can't say enough how you brought out what I wanted to see on the show. They are having Charlie witness Don's darkness to his job but they don't seem to want Don to witness Charlie's. Don focuses so much on what Charlie has accomplished: the fame, the awards, the money all of it...but he never realizes there IS a downside to him being a genius. I can understand why Charlie wouldn't tell him because he doesn't think Don would understand or show sympathy to him. That's why I liked how Charlie told Don all of this and it made him realize he needed to see the shrink. I wanted Charlie involved in this shrink business with Don and you gave me just that. Thank you!

Like I said this probably makes no sense and I'm rambling...I'm sorry this isn't more coherent, I'm just so happy :-)

Also, I can't say enough how much dedicating this story to me and my dad means to me. I've never had a story dedicated to me before and I will always cherish this.

Thank You!

Bonnie
dHALL chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
I have to say...WOW. When you sent this over for a final Beta, I was really amazed. This would have fitted in so well with the actual episode.

You do such a great job with these characters, I'm honored to have you as a writing partner. (Now I feel guilty for not keeping up with you on Child of My Heart. DO YOU HEAR THAT luvnumb3rs! It's all my fault! I'll start writing faster! I swear it!)
Patty chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Thanks for writing this, Alice. When I saw this episode, my immediate reaction was that

Don's hesitation in firing his gun was likely to get him hurt or even killed at some time

in the near future.

For some reason I never considered he might contemplate suicide. It may not hold true

but I see a brainiac like Charlie more likely to do such a thing than a no-nonsense man

like Don. The Cambridge/Susan Barry setting worked perfectly. Thankfully Susan was there

to look after Charlie and insist he get help. And it was pretty neat that this many years

later Don would send her flowers; undoubtedly she'd have a good idea why.
simanis chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Alice,

that was a beautiful piece! It made my eyes water and a few sniffles...Very good of Don to send flowers to Susan albeit way bit late.

Wouldn't it be nice, very very nice if Cheryl take this conversation and put it in the show! :D
jlm110108 chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Wow. What a powerful story.

Joanne
macberly chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
THis was a wonderful and touching story! YOU SO NEED TO WRITE FOR NUMB3RS! This is exactly a warm brotherly moment I have been waiting for! There is too little family time on that show, well touching moments between the brothers anyway! Thank you for writing this...any chance of a sequel...that trip maybe? *whistles innocently* Thank you!