Reviews for Minotaur
CYLi chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
this is beautiful :) thank you
insaneprincess chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
This is so incredibly amazing.

It really, really is.

I love the way she is, in metaphor, the sparrows, and the flowers. It's so beautiful.

I loved the repetition in the end. It was flawless.

I really love how different this story is. I've seen no story of Pan's Labyrinth at the beginning; everyone writes the ending. But the faun was there from the beginning, and your story of his search for her, was stunning.

The repetition of the 'hello', and 'I am/ you are a princess' left me breathless.

This is lovely. Wonderful story, thanks again for a great read. :)
Libbyish chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
This is astounding. Your use of language stuns and awes.
Miarr chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Ah! I watched this movie yesterday with the vague memory that you possibly may have wrote something for it, and so the whole thing took on a distinctly Raihu-flavoured cast. I run to , of course, and what do I find, if not something that drops my jaws through the floor and my socks off the world's edge?

Oh man. Oh man. Once again, you show all the rest of us how a true master does it. Everything from the parentheses to the descriptions to the full-circle ending; it's all too perfect, I just, uh, WOW. Should you and Guillermo del Toro ever sit down in a cafe for, like, FIVE MINUTES, the world would possibly self-detonate from the sheer excellence of the results, okay.

I-not take issue, there is nothing to take issue with here-but I am quite consumed by curiousity regarding your choices of imagery and subject matter in general. It is a small thing, but holds potential for an awesomesauce debate, I think, so if you'd like to get together and discuss this little beauty I'd be more than happy. :D If I can stop gushing, that is. Time will tell!

Kiss kiss,

Miarr
ladyredvelvet chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
That was beautifully written, everything about it is so mysterious and eerie. I love it, keep on writing more :D
Bella chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
Absolutely beautiful. Stunning.
tukes chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
You know from my first review that I think your writing gives the movie justice. this just makes that more clear. in five years, I had not cried at a movie. this one... well, my grilfriend thinks i'm more sensitive for it. your style is perfect for this, it is poetic enough to have been in the movie. Dude, I don't know how else to say this. You are a better author than I shall ever be.
Mistress Gwen chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
*hugs you*

I suppose I could tell you all the things that were beautiful and heartbreaking and perfect about this, but inappropriate virtual affection is closer to what I'm feeling right now. Thank you for writing this.
Gil Shalos1 chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
This is very beautifully written and moving. The writing style reminds me of Patricia A. McKillip (possibly my highest praise!) the way it has the inevitable logic of a dream or a fairy tale, the sadness and beauty of memory. Thanks for writing this - I imagine it must have been hard work! Thank you for sharing it.
Salem Saori chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Yes, it *is* stunning. It's something in your prose that makes it hit so hard, I think. A bit familiar, because it really reminds me of that force of impact the movie itself had. The fact that it's not just what you're telling here, it's the way you're doing it, managing with so few words something that goes beyond "show rather than tell", something that makes the reader actually *feel* how terribly mattering everything that happens here is to the Faun, and give him and his role in the storyline an entirely different background and motivation, which told this way, seems just the most natural and important thing in the world. And I must tip my hat to that because it's just spot-on.

So, yeah, I think that's what makes this piece so particularly strong, the fact that it's like a fairytale, but one that's been seperated into pieces, and you just let said pieces away to float and find their place, vocabulary and style adding so to the dreamy feel. Because it really feels like reading a dream.

And on a sidenote, no matter how the fantastical theme is the "easier" side to focus in, doing it so beautifully really gives anything I could write a run for its money. (:
Valka chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Beautiful and bittersweet. Just like a true fairytale, shining in the distant shadows of childhood. This is heartbreaking, but also wonderful.
LA Knight chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Wow. This is very much written in the way of Francesca Lia Block, but older. Transcendant fairytale, but without the harshness of modernity (due to time period and authorly skill) and just the flow of it is beautiful.
Wandering Baggins chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
Hey! Pan's labyrinth now official catagory in Movie section!
CaideSin chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
I enjoyed this. You did a good job of following the same tone as the movie, about the 'true' magic and its vicious abandon to itself.

You played that well at odds with the delicacy and cold of the mortal world.

And set Moanna beautifully in between. The faun's 'infatuation' was inevitable and wonderfully storybook tragic, only infinitely more real.

Enjoyed it a lot.
Orange Memories chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Beautiful and hypnotic writing. The words seemed so effortless, and so musically written. It was like a song written in words.

I love this!