Reviews for Smoldering Embers
Yuutoko Marshio chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Okay, wow. This is really good, I can imagine Axel doing that. Kudos to you!
Ghost Writer no. 3 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Congratz for pairing and cannon.

What I love most about this piece is you've nail Axel's character perfectly. Realy. And I don't think people pay enough attention to Roxas and Kairi's simalarites, nor Sora and Namine's. BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME AS THERE SHOULD BE!
KrystalGamer chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
Axel x Kairi is pwnful. Loved it to deatth P Faving!
angelofsweetness chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
Kaixel is cool too.

And you so rock at writing on this couple!

Seriously, this was awesome!

Now you've gotten me into a Kaixel mood.

Hahaz.

I especially liked this line for some reason.

"Sora didn't get your first kiss, Kairi. I did. Got it memorized?"

E! Awesome to the max!

Write more!

[angie-chan]
A Spot of Bother chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
I have to say I'm not a fan of this pairing, but I love this story. I think I like it so much because everything is so understated - Axel is never actively pursuing her in any romantic fashion, and the reason he is drawn to her and decides to help Sora for her is perfectly plausible. Just a very nice job with a very difficult pairing.
Lunamaria chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
SUKEH!

*wow*

I can relate with your dislike for kaixel. I understand, but well hunnies, you did a marvelous job. You caught Axel's firey persona very well, not brining him from his element like a lot of do where axel is some homo from pink-flower-land or some suicideal emo-er(?) xDD

well, idk.

The only thing I found a tad odd was this part of the line, "he decided that he could see why the Keyblade Master treasured this girl above any girl he could possibly have – what with his “hero-y” powers and all – even the witch, Naminé"

Did you mean he could have Nami or what? I didn't understand how she was incoorperated, but the sentence was lovely all the same, just a bit confusing.

AND AND!

bestlineever!

"how she rather failed the criteria, sorry, thanks for playing, especially set her off"

xDD very axel-like. It just made me smile; I was all "GO SUKEH!" as I read this at 5 am in the morning!

n_n also, it seems to me that your writing style has changed a bit? I don't know, but it seems different- not bad, just different. I noticed it in the last fic, the one for moi (*dies*).

Well, lovely, lovely, lovely..

& CANON BABEH.

*comes to formulate kaixel*

bai, love!

lunamaria & courtney.
the-light-shines-within chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Okay, I TOTALLY agree. That was crazy weird. Really weird. But I think it really does fit Axel's character well. But yuck, Axel and Kairi. Written well though, haha.
XxRibbons and LacexX chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
I loved it! _ That is so good dont see much good KairiXAxel fics! I loved it Axel was so Axel and the descriptions were so creative
Argent-Allure chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
To Gray-Rain Skies:

I found your story absolutely wonderful! Your doubts on this piece should not even exist because you pulled it off very well. I also applaud your ability to twist and weave in parts from the actual game since I found it to be very believable. I felt like you kept Axel in character fairly well too (I could almost imagine his voice in my head).

I liked your characterization of Kairi as well. I mean I've read many stories where Kairi is described as a demure princess who can only be rescued by a "prince” (I’m probably a little guilty of this too though). Your version of Kairi seems to say, “I am woman hear me roar!” (Sorry, inner feminist speaking)

Also, please do not take this offensively, but as a suggestion I would consider adding in just a bit more to elude to the fact that Kairi’s sleeping when he visits her for the last time. I didn’t really clearly get the fact that she was sleeping until a little later (or maybe I just missed it?). If you ever continue this, adding onto the end would be great as well.

Overall, I thought this piece was very well written grammatically and linguistically (props to you for your vocab words). I really hope you would consider this pairing as a more permanent story couple for you since you did a fantastic job with this! Good luck with your future stories and thanks for the great read!

From,

Argent-Allure
kingdomskeys chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Oh. My. God. Suki, why do you keep doing this to me? You write something fantastic like this and call it rubbish. I DON'T EVEN LIKE AXELXKAIRI! BUT NOW I DO!

Anyway, this is gorgeous and fantastic and please write a book someday so that I can have a nice compendum of your writing to kill my ego with.

...I didn't even get that last sentence.

Suffice to say, this is wonderful.
acronymed chapter 1 . 3/1/2007

THAT OWNED MY SOUL.

seriously.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

*showers with love*

I especially love this little bit :

"His comment about expecting princesses to be docile and soft-spoken, and how she rather failed the criteria, sorry, thanks for playing, especially set her off."

- sorry, thanks for playing

That is such an Axel line. *heartheart*

It makes me think like "Sorry. Thanks for playing. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT 200 MUNNY."

*amused*

Honestly, for someone who hates the pairing, you sure do write it uber well. *hug*

And the fact that you did write it and it's for ME, even though you don't like it, MAKES ME SQUEE AND SWOON AND SQUEAL AND LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH.

- - life

Honestly, I swear, the minute I actually get *good* at writing Kaiora, I WILL WRITE YOU ONE.

Because you deserve to be showered with praise and love and fanfic for the rest of your life for writing this.

*EXUDES LUFF*

p.s. YOU JUST GOT FAVE'D.

(wtf, why didn't I do this sooner? _o;)
twilighttries chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
I thought it was good. You're so talented you could make even the oddest pairing seem good. Not that Kaixel is that odd. Just a thought. Excellent, yet again.
Hades Dragon chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Hah, I can't believe you pulled it off either. And you made Axel really IC too, so that's a big plus. I can actually imagine him doing that.

I'm just sad he never got to see his dear friend again...he didn't deserve to fade away just yet.

I enjoyed this, despite not liking the pairing.

Incidentally, in response to the reply to my reply, you wouldn't actually have to write the scene, if that's what you're thinking. Just make it clear it happened. You did that before, in another one of your stories.

Sorry, just a suggestion.
Constance Greene chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Iloveyoukthx.

No seriously. Will the surprises never end? No? Then damn you, Gray-Rain Skies. 3 ( Completely friendlily, of course ). First, I never would have expected you to write an Akuroku. Yaoi. Not particularly canon, all though from what the fandom's done to it, it probably could be ( and we musn't forget the ever-present hints in KH2 ). Then a second one. And a SeiferYuffie, ohgosh ( I still have to read that one! ). Talk about crack. Then cute lil' Laex. And NOW, a Kairel! ( I refuse to put that nasty 'x' in there. It makes it sound like some kind of mixed breed of the chapstick Caramex and cake. Kairel is my name for AxelKairi, and it's a purdy girlish name, fwee ) So, this is one of my favourite pairings ( and it's oh-so exotic ), so I'm as happy as a camper.

Why are campers happy, anyway? Don't they sit around on bug-infested dirt and eat mush out of dirty pots and pans heated over an open fire?

Anyway.

Aah. The description of Kairi is so vibrant and pretty All of your description is, really. And whoohoo, it's not AU. D I like the whole Axel kidnapping Kairi situation in KH. ( Okay, I like /any/ situation with Axel in it in KH. )

AH Kairi cussed! XD I love this little... battle between then that you're playing. It's like a game. And harhar. I loved Axel's line at the end. And I think this line, "Such was the fate of a Nobody." - is awesome. I dunno, it just stood out for me. Sounds familiar. And it carries a sense of doom. :D

Aww. Axel doesn't have a heart. ;_; So he can't lub her. Oh well. They kissed and interacted, isn't that enough? XD Even I can't succeed on writing that in an AxelKairi. Rawr.

.x. Constance.
Fugitive chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
I absolutely love you for writing this. It was great!

I also commend you for writing an Axel/Kairi story. I really think that this pairing is underrated and not used enough. This relationship has so much potential; I mean, who knows exactly what happened between cutscenes with those two, amirite? ;)

A really good Axel/Kairi story I'll recommend to you is called "The Heart of the Matter" by DarkNite109. It's in my favorites list.

But again, excellent job! I should try writing one myself Lord knows ff dot net could use a few more Axel/Kairi shippers.