Reviews for The Trials of Fate
Greytune chapter 6 . 3/16/2010
"Then there were those weird dreams I was having about the baby," Charlie rambled. "That he was trapped inside a piano and his cradle was floating out to sea. I had to do something! The first time I took him was a total misunderstanding. I was bloody sleep walking! But would they listen to me? Would they heck. The second time I was only going to the ocean to baptise him. That bald wanker didn't have to punch me over it. It's not like I meant for the fire to get so big…"

'Cause that doesn't make you sound crazy at all. Espacially not the last part. Oh no.
Yersi Fanel chapter 8 . 2/22/2010
This story was great, I loved the way you write and all the details and set of the story, it's really good.
Yersi Fanel chapter 3 . 2/22/2010
You story looks so interesting, I'm really digging it and I'm going to read it whole! Go Charlie and Des! For they, along with hurley, are my Favorite LOST characters!
Menthol Pixie chapter 8 . 6/19/2009
Oh man, I just spent two days searching for this story because I couldn't remember who it was by or what it was called lol. I'm so glad I found it! Thanks for the great read!
CharliesHoodie chapter 8 . 11/30/2007
This was fantastic! I'm so happy you wrote this. LOVED the Despenny reunion...and practically everything else. Cheers to Locke for wanting to help Charlie :]

Good job!
CharliesHoodie chapter 7 . 11/30/2007
...Locke is creeping me out.

So is Ben.

Good team. Heh.

Poor Charlie :[
CharliesHoodie chapter 6 . 11/30/2007
0_0

Loved the Ben and Charlie interaction. Mikhail was actually kinda nice to Charlie :]

Locke is still a jerk...at first I thought maybe the food was poisoned, which wouldn't be too fair. But starving him? Geez...
CharliesHoodie chapter 5 . 11/30/2007
Ok...so...the whole thing with Charlie talking to Penny and then Mikhail "killing" him has really made me start thinking that your stories are only a LITTLE premonitional...if that's a word P Just a wee bit.

And you totally had me fooled...I thought maybe Charlie was really dead in this story.

Did Mikhail just pretend to shoot him? If that's the case, then that's ANOTHER thing that happened in the finale with Sayid, Bernard, and Jin.

Crepy.
CharliesHoodie chapter 4 . 11/30/2007
It's ok - I like AU. And yes, Charlie is the moth so he should definitely be finding the flame. "Actually...Sayid's not with Locke and Charlie finds the station and Patchy (aka Mikhail) isn't found and Charlie's name is actually going to be Hank now...so..."

P

While you were writing it, Mikhail was just the freak with the eye patch who you were vaguely curious about but figured he was going to do something RETARDED like drown someone. I remember how happy I was when he "died" from getting electrocuted. Those were the days.

"One day fate would throw him and Claire back together and he would sacrifice his life for her."

...You've gotta stop that. I keep checking the date on this story, and it's never after the finale. Hah. I wish my stories told the future P
CharliesHoodie chapter 3 . 11/30/2007
"It seems that fate wants you to…to die for her…”

You're starting to freak me out. Seriously. This story is really ironic.

The whole Charlie-catching-on-fire thing made me cringe a bit, considering I used to have an intense fear of fire that i recently got over. (I learned how to burn incense. It was a big step for me.) But seriously...I've been afraid of candles and flames for as long as I can remember. So that little vision was...nice.

And the whole Charlie leaving his DS ring...wtf...you must be one of the writers. In disguise.

I like that Charlie calls Desmond "Dessy." :] That's EXACTLY what I used to call my little brother before he turned 11 and a smart ass. Although, his real name is Paul and we call him "Dusty." Then it went from Dusty to Dussy to Dessy somehow...I think it's because he couldn't pronounce his name and it came out sounding mushy like that. Now we don't talk, we yell P

Great story so far!
CharliesHoodie chapter 2 . 11/30/2007
"But after all that he had been through in his struggle against fate, death and the universe it seemed all his old phobias had lost their power."

...This is intensely ironic that you would write this before Greatest Hits/the finale. You know...the whole water thing..."I don't swim...but I'm gonna do it anyway."

Woah.

And your dream sequence totally had me fooled for a good five to ten minutes.
CharliesHoodie chapter 1 . 11/30/2007
0_0

And I haven't read this story yet because why...?

It's kind of depressing to read stories about Charlie and Des' situation that were written before the finale because they're all hopeful.

And the very TRUE statement that if Charlie died, they couldn't change fate, will HOPEFULLY come back and haunt the Losties come S4. Because if that was poor Charlie's fate, then I can think of a handful of people that also deserve the same thing (based on their past) ...so that's basically everyone. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe everyone's just going to die...one by one. And then that's it. I'm also going back to the theory that once people have "completed" their lives and "found" their goodness, they die on the Island. Well...maybe not...but most people seem to have some pretty nice closure before they die. Except, like, Ana and Libby...who were hardly even in the show.

ANYWAY - I think it's great that you're not watching S4. I'm totally with you on that one...I only wish that I had the same willpower. It's just that I got my whole family all obsessed, so now we always watch Lost. Always. And I'm going to be kicked out of the family or something if I don't watch it with them. And then I'll have to hear "OMG THAT LAST EPISODE OF LOST DUDE!"all the time and I'll be like "what happened?" ...and they won't tell me.

That, in short, is why I'm still watching. That and (what's left) of the B-team.

Anyway...onwards!
Noritsu chapter 8 . 9/15/2007
Awesome fic from beginning to end.

Love the note that Charlie left for Des. Too funny!

And Ben and his unnerving way of being so calm even though Sayid had a gun trained on him. That would be so like him, wouldn't it?

And then Des and Penny finally get back together.

I'm seriously hoping that Penny gets a rescue team of her own hot on the tail of the 'false' rescuers that Naomi brought.

Love it!

Nori
xCharlie-Groupiex chapter 8 . 7/4/2007
yay, a happy ending! i'm so glad. great job, i was really worried when the Others were starving him. :)
Jemmz chapter 8 . 6/11/2007
:') One of the best fanfics I've ever read. Well done! It was wonderful! :') And what an ending. So sweet ]
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »