Reviews for Pyrotechnics
history chapter 12 . 12/21/2010
I love your story !But i have some question , who are the bad characters( their civilisation , the history..) ? Is the worst of the bad (the one who battle against john and call him little beast)? How did they have a fire ? I really hate when baldy call John a little beast .
LadyNiko chapter 12 . 3/6/2010
"Conan the Barbarian," Rodney said with narrow eyes. - this, this line now so has me giggling because Jason's now playing Conan.

He's in Bulgaria, so is Hewlett & Hewlett's twitter yesterday was "Ronon the Barbarian."

Still enjoy this story, but that line now totally was prophetic! *g*
Calamitynexus chapter 12 . 9/6/2009
That was fun. I love that a totally whumped Sheppard is still far cooler and far more dangerous that space pirates.
ClaMiAl chapter 12 . 1/26/2009
Nice story, I enjoyed reading it. I was a bit hesitant at first, because the first chapter gave me the impression that the fic would be sort of crazy-funny, with Sherbet pulling stunts and the others trying to keep up with him. That said, once the action started, I was riveted. And I actually came to like the bits with Sherbet in them. There were a few inconsistencies, though. The one that comes to mind is Ronon's gun. He was disarmed, and during the initial break out on the Deadalus (at least that's when I think it was) one or two pirates are taken down by a red flash of energy, or something along those lines. I don't know what else it could have been, but then he goes back to using 9 mils again and missing his gun.

Still, that was no big thing. You did a good job in describing the situations and action from different point of views, as well as showing how the characters perceive what's going on around them and the differences in their perceptions. Really, nicely done. I am surprised, though, that the SGC let Sherbet go with John, Rodney, and Ronon. And come to think of it, Ronon, too. If I remember correctly, it took them very long to allow Teal'c to leave the SGC, and they knew him, and he looked like someone who could have originated from Earth (unlike Sherbet).

Anyway. Cool story. Thanks fro writing it and putting it out here to let us read it!
TheNaggingCube chapter 12 . 4/28/2008
I have no idea how I missed this when it first came out. So glad some one mentioned on the john whump LJ. Great bad guy, great Ronon, Rodney, and John stuff.

The ending delicious.

The potential tag for the fair... oh I hope you wrote it! Off to look.
Roo1965 chapter 12 . 12/13/2007
i loved this fic! sherbert is so cute and i had this great image of him scampering about with the lead trailing...

anyway i liked how we got a whumped, tired, aching, sore, limping Sheppard and then he had to save the ship and everyone! great Carson Rodney and ronon interaction as well especially the epilgue on earth. want mreo sherbert! more Shep whump and Ronon at the zoo/fair/rides ( and sherbert!)
sydneydallas chapter 12 . 12/8/2007
Very enjoyable story, love John's characterization with his unwavering determination to do his job despite any odds.
jellybean367 chapter 12 . 9/28/2007
amazing story!

Loved it!

yeah! :) :)
JackFan2 chapter 12 . 8/11/2007
I gotta tell you, this has been one of the funnest rides I've ever taken in the comfort of my own home. Loved Sherbert. Loved that John had some pre-whumpage beforehand, and that while wounded, still managed to make it through this crisis.

Then, in the end, all three of my favorite guys, John, Ronon and Rodney crashing out at Rodney's place. You know, I could just see that going all to hell.. LOL

Now, here's my absolute favoritest thing: No Teyla. Not in the entire story! In truth, her character is starting to rub me a little ... off. I'm not sure I am really her biggest fan come season 4. In truth, they've made her too perfect in her warrior-ness (yea.. I'm going to add that to my personal dictionary) and that's what happened with Carter on Sg1 and why by season 3 I got a little sick of her. And what'd'ya know, we're done with 3 seasons of SGA and Teyla's wearing thin on my nerves. At least with her pregnancy in season 4, they'll actually be making her wear some clothes to cover her increasingly rounding belly.

Wel, if you're a fan of hers, and I've just royally pissed you off.. I'm very sorry. I tend to rant on stuff, and not at all religated to appropriate times.

Anyroad, great story. Great fun. Great whumpage and YOU ROCK!
krysalys chapter 12 . 4/27/2007
*dies*

This was awesome. Excellent job, hon. Maybe next story you could whump one or more of the others? *waggles eyebrows hopefully*

What a spellbinding story. Thank you!

-}-
PrincessPatrice chapter 12 . 3/27/2007
Loved the story plenty of great shep whump. Love Sherbet want to see alot more of him and would love a continuation of Their vacation to see how Ronan likes earth and of course how Sheppard manages having to depend on them...
scifi lemon chapter 12 . 3/25/2007
Wow, just a totally awesome story. I loved the part about Carson calling to go over the instructions just one more time ;) Classic! I hope you write Ronon at the country fair.
bree1387 chapter 8 . 3/23/2007
I've been slowly working my way through your story (poor Shep!) and I just had to point out how wonderful this particular dialogue is:

“I don't think Beckett would like that,” Ronon said.

“Beckett doesn't have to know.”

“He will if you end up running into a wall.”

This is just so in character for these two is makes me wish you could do some dialogue for the actual show. I got a real kick out of this part. :)
Lilas chapter 12 . 3/20/2007
Oh, God, YES! TAG!

This was AWESOME! And the end scene was hilarious! Much love! And yay for Sherbet!
Astraldust chapter 12 . 3/20/2007
Wonderful story. I adore Sherbet and his interaction with John and Rodney is so cute. Look forward to your next adventure.