Reviews for Hills of Moonlight
Ach271 chapter 67 . 3/14
That was fantastic. If you changed the names you could turn this into one hell of a novel. I'm serious, the shear talent you have, its incredible ,might need some spell-checking here and there but on the whole it is an incredible story.
neo1024 chapter 66 . 12/2/2014
Yau taemo-dhu, Saddletank, yau taemo!

I should have said this 2.5 years ago, when I first read your excellent novel, but it somehow slipped. Now, after re-watching Laputa yet again, I again felt the need to explore the "after" and remembered you wonderful work. That lead to a complete re-read, and, well, here I am. I don't know if you will ever read this review, where you are on your life's journey...

I have only ever re-read two other fanfics and 3 or 4 other published books. Your work is filled with so much emotions and so much detail, extends on the Miyazaki's groundwork so well, that I almost consider it to be part of the canon now, how things would have played out. It is one of a kind!

The first time I had the feeling that Sheeta and Pazu would be forever together was when they arrived on Laputa, and Pazu lifts Sheeta in his arms, spins her, and then they fall down on the grass and lie on their backs watching the sky, his hand under the small of her back, her hand under his hand.

In Hills of Moonlight you captured the theme of love and the theme of nature that is prevalent in all of Miyazaki's films so well! And this goes to your Whisper of the Heart sequel as well! "Love everything for love is everything" is a wonderful and fitting motto.

I also enjoyed how you touched upon "Howl's Moving Castle" (Wizard Jenkins and those sleek flaptors) and the lesser known Miyazaki's manga, "Shuna no Tabi" (Shuna' Journey - not only with the name of a character but with several details of the Gondoan society.)

Through the journey you made me smile, exclaim in distress, laugh and cry. There were moments of quiet and reflection. What there never was, is a single moment of boredom - the pacing of the novel is superb.

This last chapter brought silent tears to my eyes, when you subtly showed that Pazu's work continued in his sons, that he taught them what he learnt from those books. How his son built the jet aircraft and the G-suit, that Pazu saw in the Laputan books all those years before. When you showed so vividly how life goes on. I read this chapter, listening to "Kimi wo Nosete" and "Kimi wo Tsurete", sung by Tatsuya Ishii.

I have archived your work, even printing it out in book form, for this is something I would want my children to read one day, and who knows if it will be around electronically...

Thank you again for this wonderful journey! I am not saying good-bye, as there may come a time when I will walk your Hills of Moonlight again...
lil dynamic chapter 67 . 11/30/2014
Holy shit. If only ever author could take the time to write about what made them start their story, references, etc, I'll be very happy.

So lets go on with my last review to your last chapter.
Your story is the first castle in the sky story I've read, I have been reading fan fiction for years now and many well known works before that, so I know the good, the great, and the one of a kind story's.
Your story is one of a kind.
I am so glad that I picked your story first because it does the sequel to castle in the sky justice.

Stories like yours are the reason why I am so devoted to and love fanfiction. There are always those what if's points in or after the movie that never gets answered.

The intro to this chapter was very powerful and my favorite part is how you point out all of our society's problems.
I was interested in why and how to created this story. The authors notes on how the main protagonists change is nice to read, and the long list of translations, you must of haf fun making that.

Again thank you for taking me on this journey that I very muched enjoyed and will always cherish for the rest of my life.
I always reread many amazing works every year or so for my personal enjoyment and I am looking forward to reading this all over again.

May god bless people like you that put in so much effort and time for others enjoyment for no charge or payment.
People like you are the reason why many people keep on living day after day.
Peolpe like You change and influence lives.

Again thanks and have a happy holidays

Sincerely lil dynamic
lil dynamic chapter 66 . 11/30/2014
"Sniff sniff"
Why must all good things come to an end?

Pazu loves big women? Chubby chasers?
He loved it, he loved her shape, her delicious woman curves. More of her to hold, more of her to love.

Twins! And one of them got a plane. The council must be rolling in their graves.
So much change in a few decades, welcome industry age. I love steam punk films/stories.

So renewed is blonde, twins is ginger(red), and lucitia is black haired? And Pazu is the father right? Lol

One chapter left :(
lil dynamic chapter 65 . 11/30/2014
How cute, a blonde girl.
But sheeta and pazu must feel horrible knowing that the unborn babies deaths is on them
2 chapters left!
lil dynamic chapter 64 . 11/30/2014
3 chapters left :(
lil dynamic chapter 63 . 11/30/2014
"I should think you will need to hurry, wife," Shuna said, "Pazu looks like he might only last another ten minutes."
Lol
4 chapters left!
lil dynamic chapter 62 . 11/30/2014
5 chapters left
Our journey is just beginning? Do I hear a sequel story?
lil dynamic chapter 61 . 11/29/2014
Nice long chapter!
And another cliff hanger, 6 chapters left!
lil dynamic chapter 60 . 11/29/2014
God damm you, that chapter was too quick, too short :(
lil dynamic chapter 59 . 11/29/2014
This is one hell of a story, I would usually write a review every few chapters but I was too excited and couldn't wait to read the next chapter!
Thank you for doing this castle in the sky 2 justice and I am glad you were the one to write this. You made this story amazing and added your own mix into it while keeping that same feeling I got while re watching castle in the sky.
You are one hell of a writer.

Now 8 chapters left!
lil dynamic chapter 54 . 11/29/2014
You really know how to play out all the drama and then some.
People are so cruel
lil dynamic chapter 38 . 11/28/2014
I was surprised myself how attached I became to this story. I am loving how much effort and time was put Into each chapter.
You are one hell of a writer.

The thing I love most is how real this story feels, especially the first chapter.
It never is really flying off to the sunset with everything fine and dandy. There are always problems (example- the cold at high altitude).

I am on chapter 38 and very sad that I am more than halfway through this story :(
lil dynamic chapter 31 . 11/28/2014
You bastard, I really thought that you killed her, please do not scare me like that again.
I do not need another heart attack.
Ch.30 made me cry
lil dynamic chapter 2 . 11/26/2014
I've been reading fanfiction for years now and have came across many great stories.
This story so far seems like it'll be one of the best ones I've read yet, excellent detail and sentence structure with no mistakes.

And this is one of my fav movies i watched as a kid.
I am looking forward to reading this story