Reviews for Gold and Silver
Joyeee chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
I particularly like the bit of interaction between Hellanike and Cleitos at the end. Hellanike's the strongest character here; it's like an inside joke with the reader, how she deals with the headstrong, willful guys (Alexander as much as Cleitos) who think they know best (though of course Alexander doesn't realize she's subtly poking fun at him at the beginning!).

Also really liked how Cleitos is no soft-heart (thinking Leonidas doesn't beat Alexander hard enough) but can be so sympathetic to a kid who stands up for himself and gets a pile of grief for it.

The story Hellanike tells – how Romantic, in the literary sense, that the very nature of the Golden Prince was that which made it impossible, forever, for him to ever encounter what remained of Silver Boy! Reminds me a bit of Oscar Wilde's "The Happy Prince," in its lovely descriptions (especially what the gods fashioned each of them from) and the kind of ending it has.
Manidefronsac chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
What a beautiful story, well written. Il like stories about Alexander and Hephaestion's childhood, too! Hope there will be a sequel for the two friend to mend their problem. (Well after all perhaps the silver and the golden boys come together during eclipses) hint! hint

manidefronsac
suemichave chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
How very perceptive of Hellanike to chose this story, I am sure Alexander understands the connection. A most enjoyable story, thank you
Sushoo chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
What a sweet story, I like 'your' young and sensitive Alexander!

I really think there should come a sequel to show how Alexander and Hephaestion stop their fight (hint hint):)

Anyway, keep up the good work!
SONGNATASHA chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
I love this fic so much! And the story Hellanike told is really nice and touching, especially the ending, very sad. I guess Alexander would indeed learn something from it, wouldn't he? Poor Hephaistion, Alexander must hurt him deeply.
20 | « Prev Page 1 2