Reviews for Confessions of a God
Scott chapter 7 . 5/6
Dear haters in the comments:
You realize it's called FanFICTION, right?

Anyway, I'm a Bible-believing Christian, so I don't believe any of this, but I like it anyway. :) Some of he cases for God sinning seem kind of flimsy (like Jesus feeding the multitudes being gluttony or God worshiping Himself being idolatry), but overall I think it was pretty good.
Kiearrah Mai Rhone chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Please, look up these Bible verses for me and tell me what you saw relative to your story: II Samuel 22:31, Hebrews 7:19, and
Romans 3:1-6. I want you to know that the Bible clearly states that God is completely perfect. If God has sinned, then the Bible is lying, and God, who inspired (wrote) the bible, has lied; therefore sinning even more. Furthermore, if God has sinned, then his creation would not have been perfect when he made it. It says in Genesis that when God made the earth, "It was good." God made a PERFECT creation, but us humans (created perfectly as well) decided to disobey the one rule God gave us. God, being perfectly just, had to punish our disobedience by cursing us with sickness and death. It is not God's fault that we sin and worship other gods of our own making; do you think that we have learned from our mistakes? Far from it! Ever since the first sin on earth, sin has become part of our nature as humans; we are no longer perfect, it is our natural instinct to go against God.

Please go to my profile and read my story, Made, Separated, and Saved, and then PM me about what you think of the verses and story.

I am sorry to say that this is one of the first stories on here that I have really not liked. Now don't get me wrong here, your story is extremely well written! I don't like your story simply because what it is saying is a big fat lie. Now please remember that I mean no harm or ill feelings towards you personally.
Novembertopaz chapter 7 . 1/20/2013
I know it sounds silly, but about six years ago, when I was thirteen, I read this story at a friend's house. It changed my entire view on religion. I'm extremely open to all beliefs, though I like to think I always was, but I've never heard anyone suggest that Satan might not be all the bad. It was a great realization. Anyways, just wanted to personally thank you for posting this story.
darkangel78921 chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
I am Christian and I totally agree that god is almighty! The other gods are not in comparison to him! He is the almighty god!
I made a pact with Satan chapter 8 . 5/8/2011
I what made Lucifer's pride shatter?Maybe I'm daft but I have no idea what that meant.

5 stars.
Teresa Lisbon 123 chapter 3 . 3/15/2011
Yeah, it's me.

I'm actually reviewing the other reviewers as much as the story. They are quite entertaining.

The story itself...It's one of those "If you like that sort of thing, it's a good example of it." Stories. Not my cup of tea, but for people that like stories like this, it's really good.

Kind of like a well-written story for a pairing I don't like.

(Yes, this was a compliment, although I guess it might not read like that...) :)
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 8 . 12/13/2010
The Mary of Magdiline one, please tell me that was as Jesus. They arn't one and the same...

Michel and Lucifer... Scarily I had a dream last night about Lucifer, execept he was with Gabriell, who is female, not male like the Bible wants you to think...

Really funny though!
bleedingRose11 chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Love it! I'm quite religious and I'm not offended at all. I treat all bible fics as fictions and thats all.

Oh you people lighten up, the story isn't going to convert you or anything. If it disturbs you, maybe your faith isn't strong enough...
shadowdolls chapter 8 . 9/15/2010
*jaw drops*...wow
shadowdolls chapter 7 . 9/15/2010
LOVE THIS SO MUCH! but i feel kinda bad like actually readin this . i mean we are talkin bout bible here but oh well :DDDD this is just awesome xD haahha damit my friend just got me hooked on luciferxmichael because of the story she's makin . poof!
Carina Pir chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
I like this! I'm definitly going to keep reading it. I've always liked the idea of God being capable of the sins he forbids us to commit.
Melagar66 chapter 8 . 9/24/2007
The poem was difficult to get through because the rhythm is choppy and does not lend itself to ease of reading. As far as techinical aspects go... I would concentrate less on achieving rhyme or close-to-rhyme... in order to pay more attention to style, meter, flow, and so on. Of course, if you can bring in rhyme in addition to these more important aspects... that is a nice achievement... but don't concentrate on rhyme to the detriment of much more important aspects of poetry.

As for content... much of the poem is quite illogical, contrary to known fact, contrary to recorded history, and contrary to reason.

Some facts and realities: God never promised that following Him would always feel good (in an earthly sense). That is both a false statement and an illogical statement. Of course, that can be said for most of the statements in the poem... God gave us minds and commanded us to use them... so failing to use our intellect would be contrary to God's will. God is "pleased" with only a fraction of what is due to Him. He is pleased with us doing our best... even though our best does not come close to what He deserves. God does not need anything from us, since He is all things unto Himself. His creation of us was an act of Love towards us. It adds nothing unto Him... but it gives us - quite literally - everything. God is incapable of "greed" since 1) He needs nothing and has all things, and 2) "greed" is only possible in those who are imperfect. One Who is perfect and deserves all good things cannot be "greedy" by definition. God cannot rape since, again, rape is only possible in those who are imperfect. One Who is perfect, above all things, through all things, in all souls... cannot commit such a thing as rape, again by very definition. Also, Mary was not raped (as if it were even necessary to explain this - but oh well) since it is clearly written in all historical documents on the subject (including biblical accounts but also every other account) that she consented and knew fully the implications of her consent. She, indeed, rejoiced in it. And her body was never violated. Moving on... There are countless recorded instances of God responding to the cries of His people, showing mercy to the selfish and craven even though it was not deserved, providing miracles, and so on. There are countless recorded demonstrations of the compassion of God. The compassion of God extends far beyond what we can know or understand... and certainly far beyond what we in any way deserve. Where does personal responsibility come in? Are we not in any degree reponsible for our own mess? Of course we are. Are we not in any degree responsible for the pain we bring into the world... upon ourselves and others? Of course we are. We are responsible for ourselves and for all our selfishness, maliciousness, inexcusable weakness and cowardice, and so on... God is merciful beyond all telling, absolutely, but God would not be God if He were not also the God of Justice. Reality check: God does not owe us anything. We owe God. Yet, still, He allows many graces to flow down upon us, and provides so many more to us if only we ask with sincere will.

Worship to the One True God, to Whom we owe all, in Whom we have our being, is merely the reality of existence.

We exist. We are. We have being. We live. Therefore... we owe... and we owe to the One who gives all life and all good things.

So... work on poetic rhythm... and give serious re-consideration to the many false and/or illogical statements put forth in your work.

All the best.
Melagar66 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
I'm afraid this is not well-written by any known standards of fiction or fan fiction. There is no solid character development or plot development that would give it the merit of being called "well-written" on any level. There is no witticism in any of the alleged humor than indicates a degree of knowledge and intelligence behind the writing. There is really nothing...

Quote: "I consider this well-written..."

Well... that kind of subjective statement is utterly meaningless. What "you" or "I" or anyone decides (incorrectly) to call this or that... does not change at all what it actually is...

The reality is that it is not well-written by any objective standards.

Therefore, I suspect that other reviewers are correct in stating that its purpose is merely to be sacriligious, rather than to be anything of genuine literary merit, even on an amateur level.

This kind of poor writing can be posted with the assurance of several ignorant and illogical "it's great to use God as a source of insulting humor" readers coming along and stating how "funny" and "great" it is... so there is nothing to be admired in the author for posting it.

Usually I can find something to like in most things that are posted... any degree of wit or insight or sincerity or any such thing is appreciated... but something like this does not really offer anything...

Just not impressive at all.
Nietzsche chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
I-patrol (not signed in): I consider this well-written, so yes, Hellbound1's review was unwarranted, and also he did not give reasonable criticism on how well-written it was.
greeneyedwolf chapter 8 . 6/27/2007
the pome was pretty, i loved the fig. lang. verry pretty. the story itself was funny. u made the characters real and i was able to connect with 'em. good job!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »