Reviews for arcane
edge of nothing chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Excellent tone. It's so... ominous. Even though Bakura has only one line, you get a very accurate impression of his character from it.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
bakura must be getting a kick out of this. ;D *must find copy of book*

brittney
Atomic Lightbulb chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
0h gosh, that was lovely. All the little details and just the flow of the writing. Amazing. 3
Anei Aikouka chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
Woah, that's... sweet.

I don't know, but the whole ghost thing just seems really *cute* to me. Is that strange?

Thank you.
imagines writes chapter 1 . 3/7/2007
Ryou is my favourite character, and it's hard to find writers who have a good grasp of his personality. You have a fantastic way of writing him. I love the vagueness of the story as it unfolds- telling part of what happens, and letting the rest be connected by imagination.

Ryou thinking the scribbles looked like hieroglyphs was a little confusing, since it is followed by "Ryou didn't know any Egyptian." He didn't know any, but could still recognise it...?

The knife's called an X-Acto knife.

Lots of favourite lines in this:

"The tension was tangible.

It was curling up, curling up like a noose-"

Deliciously creepy!

"No, no. You’re not insane. That would make it rather bothersome for me."

*snicker* Perfect Bakura-voice. He worries more about Ryou's brain than he does Ryou's mind.

"He looked in the mirror, and the reflection was smirking back at him."

Mirrors creep me out already, and now they will creep me out more. :D

"I have done no falsehood, I have not robbed, I have not killed men.

He tried to ignore the laughing."

XD Oh man. Bakura would FAIL at surviving the trip to the underworld.

Your bȝ hieroglyph shows up just fine in my browser- perhaps you need to change your encoding? (It's under View, I think. At least in Opera it is.)

As for requests... haha, I'll love anything you write about Ryou. Ryou is awesome.

- Kat
Angeliz chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Cool fic; I like the sort of detachedness between everything, yet the way it all goes together. And the bit from the Book of the Dead was great-ay, Bakura.