Reviews for Are We the Waiting
borgmama1of5 chapter 1 . 7/29
Holy cow, is this intense...totally feels true!
cfccfc chapter 1 . 6/25
How perfectly heartbreaking. I can see all of this. Every though, every move, everything is all so perfectly "Sam." Beautifully done.
Rat chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
thats utterly heart breaking. excellent writing.
xsilicax chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
This is very good!

I empathised with Sam completely; it actually felt at times that I was Sam, you had me so hooked.

Seriously well done!

bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
Dude, this seriously surprised me. I'm so impressed with your writing. I usually hate stories that have little or no dialogue like this one, because a lot of people haven't perfected it like you have. I really really loved this story. You captured everything brilliantly and I'm so glad you wrote it, even after all this time.

The part about Sam wanting to go out and get the laptop and realizing there was no laptop, not even a car to go to, my jaw dropped. I even forgot about that, and for Sam to be standing in the middle of a parking lot, laughing, going into hysteria, it's all so heartbreaking. And I could see it happening in the actual episode.

I loved every second of this story. Amazing job.
mayfairmom chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Once again you have managed to knock my sox off...that last line sent shivers through me...way to go sweetie...thanks for sharing this w/ me...Peace
ainon chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
That was painful and sobering and so very personal. This is like being right there with Sam; it's not like the mere act of reading a piece of fanfic. I was reading this and actually feeling his every moment of helplessness, and anguish, and feeling twisted along with him in his guilt, and cringing with him when he stepped out of the hospital to get to the car ... only the car wasn't going to be there. I was panicking with him when the blue number dropped to 88, and like him, having a hard time believing that little things like that always just fix themselves.

Wonderfully written. It's perhaps not the right thing to say, but it was beautiful that you shared this catharsis with us. And I sincerely wish you well.
SciFi Girl chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Wow - I'm really enjoying your fic. I hope you're going to continue it. Very realistic!
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Well I just loved this story, so full of the little details but it shows how hard Sam is taking the whole situation. I will be your best friend if you continue the story through Dean's awakening, you are so awesome at angst and this is such an angst worthy episode. Please, pretty please, write more!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
"Angst" is almost too trite a term to describe what you've created here, which is so much about loss and helplessness and emptiness and-yes-anguish. It's hard to say "lovely!" about those terrible things, but your writing was truly lovely. So many little details that you handled just right: the old man at the soda machine (and especially having Sam walk away from him); wanting the light over the door to fall on the nurse's head. You've created something truly empathetic here.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
You really captured the essence of playing the hospital waiting game in vivid detail here - I really felt everything Sam was feeling - and luckily I watched IMTOD again last night so that gave it extra clarity.

Painful but excellent.
friendly chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
that was really really good...
NovemberSGA chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Wow! So vivid and sad. It makes my heart ache for them. Very well written.
kewing chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
Wow, just wow. My heart is breaking for these two.
carocali chapter 1 . 3/3/2007
What an absolutely cool perspective of the events of IMTOD. It makes me sad, because it is painfully clear that you have spent some time in a hospital - probably too much time - to get it so accurate. I hope that writing this truly did help ease some of your woes.

It's clear that Sam never wanted to leave the hospital, except when he had to get the things from Bobby and the ouija board, so his mapping of the facilities makes perfect sense. You meet those people that think they can truly help you by offering a kind word or gesture, but you really live in your own world, trying to work out what's going on in your mind.

I especially love the moment where Sam goes to the car, thinking he can get the laptop and use the hospital's wireless. So true because we get into routines that we have to reteach ourselves when things change. You've captured it all so well.

Thank you for sharing this.