Reviews for Phone Calls
Amanda Larson chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Wow! Really great story. It's so vivid and fast-paced, and you get the characters' internal voices just right. Thank you for writing this!
nittanyapple chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
WOW! This was fabulous. A brilliant character study of these three men...I haven't seen Barney Miller in a long time, but I could so see these scenes. Well done!
jennifer ryan chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
A new fic for my favorite show! I LOVE YOU!
TorontoBatFan chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
This was an awesome fic.

I like how you portrayed Dietrich as being so shaken, yet trying to cover it. He always did seem so collected and above everything. It's a novelty to see him this affected by the violence inherent to his job.

Now, personally, I'd love it if you could do some more of this. It would be interesting to see the actual incident take place. How the thug got a gun, who eventually took him down, etc.

I notice Levitt wasn't in the story. I'm assuming it's from the later years after Yemana had died and Fish retired. Perhaps Levitt would have been gone along with Barney in the ambulance to the hospital. Maybe Levitt would be the one to take out the shooter. He always wanted to prove himself as a cop. It would be truly bitter irony for him to do it in that manner.

The only fault I can find in the fic is the idea of Liz being told in that manner. I believe (so far as I know, this is standard NYPD procedure) that officers would be sent immediately to Barney's residence to personally inform Liz what had happened and to drive her to the hospital.

Oh, if you're doing any more of this, and if this might be set in that brief time when both Fish and Dietrich were working at the 12th Precinct, perhaps you could have Fish arriving at Barney's home to inform Liz. I got the impression he and Barney had worked together for the longest. Of all the characters to break the news to Liz, Fish and Luger (due to his rank of Inspector) would be the natural ones.

Once again, great work. I really hope you do some more chapters on this. It's simply begging for continuation.