Reviews for Compelled to Play with Destiny
Independent Dude chapter 14 . 7/2
In America, we don't have Girl Guides; we have Girl Scouts. Buffy wouldn't think Girl Guides. Just thought I'd drop that on you from last chapter.
Otherwise, this is very good.
silvereagle2121 chapter 32 . 5/27
Great story! this has been such a good read. The twists and turns in the plot definitely keep me interested. And it has a great ending. Well done.
125b chapter 32 . 2/10
nice twist
EagleJarl chapter 32 . 1/26/2014
Ok, that was a really damn cool ending. It's coming up in quarter of one in the morning and I need to go read at least the start of the next book. Hopefully it picks up right where this ended.
EagleJarl chapter 30 . 1/25/2014
Speaking as someone with a lot of poly friends, this sort of vee relationship seems pretty simple and workable to me as long as they all talk to each other like reasonable people and keep their promises.

Oh. Wait. This is Ilyria and Faith. MAYBE Wesley could handle something like that but Ilyria is too arrogant and Faith is too...too Faith. Ah well, it was a good thought.

Hey, you know what Wesley's theme song should be? "Weeellll, you gotta have Faith-a Faith-a Faith-a, yeah, you gotta have Faith!" (With apologies to George Michael)
EagleJarl chapter 29 . 1/25/2014
Ok, this was cool. Finally, someone(thing) that might be a reasonable opponent for them. And a problem that can't just be smashed with sheer violence and firepower. I like where this is going. Also, Lilah is cool and should get more screen time.
EagleJarl chapter 24 . 1/25/2014
I'm glad you gave Illyria claustrophobia. Having a weakness makes her a more interesting character and open up cool plot elements like this. Also, her need to not use her powers in order to maintain stability is a good way to keep her from being the insta-win button for her side.

And the idea of her on a plane fighting not to freak out gives me a combination of mostly sympathy but a little bit of giggles too. Does that make me a bad person?
EagleJarl chapter 23 . 1/25/2014
Yay for smart bad guys! Maybe now the forces of evil will become some sort of a challenge.
EagleJarl chapter 20 . 1/25/2014
The idea of Glory doing the Macarena while drunk is very very cool. I would pay to see that. The idea of Ilyria doing the Dance of Joy, however, is so full of awesome I cannot describe. I would almost be ok with her being Deus Imperatix in exchange for seeing that. And who knows - she might actually make a good ruler. Benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government; the only reason it sucks for humans is that pretty quickly the dictator does and then you've got a non-benevolent dictatorship, which is the worst form of government. That wouldn't be a problem with an immortal like Illyria on the throne.

Plus, I'm pretty sure she would fund the space program so that she could conquer other worlds. Which is a good enough reason to vote for her, as far as I'm concerned.
EagleJarl chapter 19 . 1/25/2014
On the one hand I'm irked because this is yet another power given too easily to an already overpowered group of heroes. On the other hand, this is damn cool and I hope Dawn gets to be badass. She was always underused, I thought.
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 1/25/2014
It's nice to see something finally not go entirely the heroes' way. I wish they had had to actually retreat from the ambush instead of plowing through it so relatively easily, but at least it wasn't completely Happy Path.

I really like Ashton. He's got a professionalism that lends a nice contrast to the flippant pop-culture slayers.
EagleJarl chapter 7 . 1/25/2014
Ok, the Knox Knox joke was pretty funny. But, again, you're making everything too easy for the good guys. The fact that they were able to snorfle up Lindsey's anti- surveillance runes AND tune them to have IFF was too easy and removes one of the last dangers anyone can actually pose to them. The handling of the DRI was, again, too easy - I'm betting that they're actually going to stand down now, maybe even end up working for the heroes. What should happen is that gov't gets pissed off and sends in the Marines or, at least, starts screwing with everyone covertly while maintaining plausible deniability.

If you make everything so easy, it removes all the tension and therefore the satisfaction of seeing the heroes win.
tenchifew chapter 32 . 6/13/2013
Absolutely amazing story.
Love it. The characterizations, the twists, the battles...
Magnificent.
Thank you for writing.
Catching up on the series chapter 3 . 9/27/2011
MRE a.k.a Monkey Rejected Eats as well. :P

Good series.
reader1writer1 chapter 32 . 8/2/2010
I liked this a lot, even though the addition of 2 more Gods seems like over-kill sort of. I've started on the next in series and the additional god/goddess is working just fine. Adding in that little brother might be fun anyway, though. :) I did wonder why the troops or Wesley in Pylea didn't make more of an issue to Buffy about the opposition forces actually EATING the humans. I thought that might change her perspective in favor of the war.