Reviews for The Choice of a Lifetime
Logy81 chapter 13 . 9/11
Whoa love this so much, such gem for the fandom. Honestly some of the stories you’ve wrote often got me frustrated with a big relief in the end, but this one got me less frustrated, yet more bawling and squealing till the end. Awesome! Thanks for this!
Logy81 chapter 11 . 9/11
“Better didn’t want me”
Ouch.. my heart can’t handle them angst damn
Logy81 chapter 6 . 9/9
Dammit im bawling my eyes. No!
Goldenbassets chapter 13 . 12/22/2017
This was so original and so amazing! I had a big smile and happy tears through most of the last chapter. Seeing how Hyde and Jackie connected throughout each chapter was sweet and heartbreaking. Such a great fic!
AliInactive chapter 13 . 10/25/2017
this is like, so unique! i love reading fanfics with interesting conceptsespecially when a large chunk of fanfics for this show are all the same.
thank you for such a fresh take on everything. this was very refreshing to read!
Pmason chapter 13 . 6/4/2017
Ohhhhh my gooosh I love it ️️
beeboplee chapter 13 . 11/15/2016
Seriously one of my favorite fanfics! it's such an original idea and beautifully written!
Guest chapter 13 . 7/9/2014
i dont even have words that was just...amazing
thepurplecookiemonster chapter 13 . 7/15/2013
that was the sweetest thing... :)
thepurplecookiemonster chapter 6 . 7/15/2013
Gosh, you're gonna make me cry right nowwww! jksal;vinrguhoalsjklfd
awesome story! like really really really awesome! even though I'm kinda late for the party... ;)
chromeknickers chapter 13 . 1/18/2013
Haha! I knew Vetri was Hyde.

Wow, just wow. I absolutely LOVED the premise of this story. Extremely unique and a wonderful read. You are very talented, m'dear.
mrstrinamills chapter 13 . 2/28/2011
Wow, this story is based on a rather unique concept and I really enjoyed seeing it all unfold as Jackie slowly learned about her choices and damn, for a moment I was a little worried that there wasn't that third option to pick! Thankfully, she did have that choice and she went with it. Anyway, this was wonderfully written and I had a good time reading my way through the chapters until the very end. Good job!
MistyMountainHop chapter 13 . 2/27/2011
She poked him in the chest. "I thought you didn't love me, Steven!"

Bingo.

To forget he'd loved her. To forget that he'd realized that he always would.

AWWW! *love love*

Might as well give her an ultimatum. See how she liked it. See how she dealt with it.

LOL Can't wait to see this.

He's not running off to Vegas to marry a random stripper. She frowned, her brow furrowing. What in the hell kind of thought was that? Where had it come from?

Nice touch.

"Sometimes I think I chose you even before I was born. I just…I didn't wait for your answer because I was so scared." She looked down. "I love you so much that it really scares me sometimes, Steven."

LOVE this whole thing.

For the first time, he allowed himself to follow what he wanted instead of what the fear wanted.

Guh. How I love that. SO MUCH to LOVE. *lol*

Later on, they lay naked underneath the covers on the bed. Jackie gingerly held up the broken sunglasses and gave Steven a shy smile. "I uh…I think I fell on these."

Aww... I was wondering about the deeper purpose of him throwing his shades on the bed.

"Guess I probably couldn't get another you, though."

*dies* That's lovely.

He laughed, too hopped up on the afterglow of amazing sex and the relief of being with this goofy chick again to be angry with himself for being so Forman-like. "Jackie," he said, turning to her and taking her face in his hands. "God, just shut your piehole!"

LOL Aww, Hyde. You feel so much.

"There's, uh, there's something else I know. You know, beside the fact that I want you to come home with me."

She lifted up. "Yeah? What's that?"

He brushed a strand of black and silken hair out of her eyes, tucking it behind her ears. And he smiled. "I know that I love you."

GUH! More wonderful.

"Oh, Steven," she purred, lowering her lips to just above his. "You are gonna get SO much sex tonight!"

LOL

Vetri and Love, probably the two UBS he'd enjoyed guiding more than any other. Together because they'd chosen one another.

Oh... *skips merrily back to the first chapter...*

From the first chapter:

I turn around and find Vetri, another UBS – unborn soul – hovering behind me. Like me, and the others in line, V (as Vetri prefers to be called)

Tee-hee. I should have known. Seriously. Derrrrr... "Vetri" means "glass" in Italian. Does it stand for Hyde's shades? It would've been interesting to know the kinds of things Vetri saw while he was with Paul, unless it was much the same as what Love had seen.

I absolutely adore this story. Thank you so much for writing and sharing it.
MistyMountainHop chapter 12 . 2/27/2011
I lift my head and do my best to smile. Paul is looking at me as if he understands what I'm thinking and feeling, and I'm sure he does, though I'm not sure I do. All I know is that he told me that when we were done, I'd know what to do. And I don't. "I just…I don't know what's wrong. I feel... disappointed or something."

I'm so giddy with anticipation, but I trust Love (that can be taken two ways, I think). D And I'm completely sympathizing with Love at this moment.

I thought love was supposed to make a person better. Challenge and magnify.

LOVE this.

"I think you do know what's wrong but are too afraid to say anything."

Just like Jackie and Hyde were in those two choices... which is what kept them from being together. This is one of Love's lessons...

"He just loves her. And he can't even say it, because it's so much it scares him."

Aww...

I look at Paul. "She loves him, too." I turn, then turn back, glaring at him. "Why isn't he a choice? They love each other!"

Hooray that she says this.

He smiles gently and approaches me. "You have a third choice, Love."

Thank effing God. *LOL*

Paul smiled and nodded. "I can tell you that, and it is Steven." He raises an eyebrow. "I can't tell you how you get together, or even if you last. If you go through pain, if he hurts you or if you hurt him. I can't tell you anything more."

Relief... that's what my Zennie heart feels on Love's behalf. Pain can be worth it if leads to greater joy.

"If you want to choose him, you're going to have to take a risk."

D D But far better to take a risk with the *possibility* of happiness than to be trapped in the certainty of safe misery.

And somehow, I know, I know, what I have to do. Because the feeling in my chest, where Paul had touched me before this journey, is echoing Steven's name over and over again. I know.

All I can do is smile at this. D

"Just be happy, Love, and enjoy earth. That's all I want for you."

Thank you.

As I drift off, the blanket of rest wrapping around me, I smile. I'm heading towards my maybe not so perfect, but true love.

Beautiful.
MistyMountainHop chapter 11 . 2/27/2011
So Jackie took Kelso back again... Not unlikely, but not completely expected in this choice, either.

Jackie rolled her eyes. "No, he was hitting you because you are an idiot, Michael, and kept making fun of him for not having a girlfriend." She looked tense, and scooted away from Michael. "God, do you have to be all over me? I can't breathe, Michael!"

Subtext, anyone? *lol* Jackie's clearly not fully happy with her choice to take Kelso back. And unhappy that Hyde's gone. And Hyde, of course, would be hurt and angry as hell after this last time of comforting Jackie, reconnecting with her, only to be rejected and abandoned by her once again.

Hyde's eyes locked onto Jackie's, even as the others gasped and murmured their surprise. "A stripper," he confirmed. "And also…even better…she's my wife."

Y'know, in *this* reality, makes more sense Hyde might do this.

"I tried to do better, Jackie," he said quietly, his voice low and thick. "Better didn't want me."

Aww! And what a way to say it: "Better didn't want me." Awesomely sad.

"You can do better too, Jackie." He smiled, sadly, with a slight shake of his head and a disdainful quirk of his lips. "But you won't."

D D So Glad Hyde says this to her. Too many women find themselves in this situation.

"You're my better, too," she whispered, her voice cracking. "I just didn't think…didn't think you…oh god…"

Aw, no... ( This is so sad.

"Yeah, but at least when she's shopping she buys me stuff." Kelso gently eased his foot onto the gas pedal as the light in front of him changed to green. "And I need some stuff, Eric! God!"

LOL

You've been so..."

Fez interrupted. "Bitchy."

LOL Oh, Fez.

It could be because Steven, despite his scruffiness, was darn hot, especially when he was brooding.

LOLOL D

incredibly manageable hair.

LMAO

Two choices.

One decision.

And none of them would be Steven Hyde.

Gah. Trapped... Or maybe not. *clutches her Zennie heart*