Reviews for The Concept of Love
Fruityloo chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
This fic. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck what are you doing to me.
First of all, I LOVE Stream of Consciousness pieces, especially stuff like this.
I loved how you jumped from one topic to another, without making it feel awkward or forced (there were a few spots where it felt a little off, but stream of consciousness can sometimes be hard to pull off, so that's really no big deal at all). Yoyoy's internet dialogue also felt very realistic (if not a bit dramatized in some parts) for his character, which is especially difficult, seeing as the game itself gives you very little to go off of.
I could really feel, and UNDERSTAND, how Yoyo felt about Corn, and how pissed off he was that Corn doesn't realize how great he is. Honestly, that almost had me in tears, especially at the end, when everything came out into the open - good job with that as well.
Pretty much everything in this fic was either cute or sad or an evil combination of the two. DID TERRIBLE THINGS TO MY EMOTIONS, MAN. Terrible things in the best of ways.
My only complaint would be Yoyo's speech patterns. I /know/ it's part of his character, but saying "yo" every five words got a little annoying, especially in parts where the mood (and his internal dialogue, for that matter) was serious. But like I said, that's the only issue I had. Everything else was pretty much perfect.
I could probably go on and on about all the specific parts I enjoyed, all the characterization bits that made this fic. Like the part about Gum not wanting Corn to cum inside of her, even if it may not have actually been for the reasons Yoyo was coming up with.
Just. asihfeiofhweifh this fic is so freaking perfect, I love it!

I realize that you haven't updated anything since 2011, and you may not even seen this review, but I still wanted to leave it because this fic definitely deserves to have SOMETHING said about it.
Rivai chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Aw Gosh made my eyes watery a little bit towards the end lol Nice job dude
Blizzardrake chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Aw, this is so cute...in a way. I love how Yoyo's always musing over things that seem so pointless yet he can't stop thinking 'maybe' or 'if' and such. I hope there might be a sequel to this.
PlentyOfFun chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
omg ! i added this story to my favorites a long time ago, but now this is the first time actually reading it ! GREAT STORY ! your so amazing... i honestly have no words i can use to describe xP
icingsugar chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
haha i loved this!

I only wish there were more fics on the corn/gum/beat triangle cos i always love them!
hen-na-neko chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Absofuckinglutely one of the best writing I've seen in a while.

Love your story
nohmaskofoblivion chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
I'm not usually into yaoi, this was a rare exception. I guess I can kinda see Corn maybe going through something like that. The only complaint I have is that Yoyo said 'yo' way too much and at times it sort of pulls you out of the story.

Other than that I really liked it, keep up the good work.
volian chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
:D i think this's a really neat story, though i admit at times it's a bit rambly. not a bad thing, necessarily, considering that it's yoyo narrating and the fic has a bit of a stream-of-consciousness feel to it.

anyways, i really like your backstories to the characters, and the details for the background of the story. for example, i loved how you pulled off yoyo's trip to the supermarket, 'cos knowing these kids, they probably didn't buy stuff very often. and...well, i liked a lot of things about the fic, really. the realisticness of the drama, the pure emotion in yoyo's narration, i liked it all. :D and it was a nice change, for once, to read something romancy that wasn't so sugarcoated so many of the other fics in this section.

in short-awesome fic. :3 i liked it a lot. i hope you'll write more jsrf, 'cos i'd love to read more of your stuff.
WOOOT chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
OMFG!I LOVE THIS SUBMITION!well,what i think you should do is make another story based after 'd be corn beat'n the shit out of beat and puttin' the people back into their places,and lovin' 'n' kickin' rokaku asses.