Reviews for Rocket Car
SuperVikinggirl chapter 1 . 6/25
Great Story! "Excess weight" is my new favorite line! Thanks for Sharing!
Swellison chapter 1 . 5/21
This was a fun read, thanks for writing! Telling the story from Sam's novice point of view was a great way of explaining the racing game to uninformed readers like me, too. I lik the easy breezy writing style, and the way the serious bits crept in, because, hey this is the Winchesters you're writing about.
The only thing that srtruck me as off was Dean's 'Sam-o" at the end. Dean's never used that nickname on the air-it's always Sam or Sammy, and the surprising Samuel during "Baby", but Sam-o doesn't sound right. I was half-expecting Dean to call him 'excess weight' again.
Stii a great read, thank you for sharing your story!
MarleeJames chapter 1 . 5/4
This was wonderful! I really liked the way Dean considered his options and the conversation between him and Sam was both hilarious and accurate.
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 5/4
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review : April 2016

I laughed out loud reading this, the mood as pervasive as the smell of high octane and the basso rumble of decent enginewear at any track in the world. Portals to other worlds rather than portents, perhaps, but that's seriously my only criticism here. Characterisation, particularly for Dean, was exact and the dialogue flowed and spun so perfectly it surprised guffaws on a regular basis. A beautifully imagined and very well executed piece of Winchester brother history, right here and right now. Thanks!
GrammarDemon chapter 1 . 4/30
Dean does math. Always an amusing idea. :)

My favorite line: "I am SO not losing to a Ford."

Great story about a great car.
yankeebornandbred chapter 1 . 4/27
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: April 2016

My goodness, I loved this so much. The dash of sadness at the thought of John, the easy back-and-forth banter, "excess weight," the Impala winning a thousand bucks for the boys… I could continue, on and on and on. How "these things" only happen around Dean. You wrote so true to the characters, and I could see the whole scene play out very naturally.

I noticed a few grammatical errors, such as "it's" for possessive instead of "its" and the lack of a space after the ellipses (…). In a few places, the formatting went bit awry. But all in all, you did an amazing job.
Elfie255 chapter 1 . 3/5
The exchanges between the boys were spot-on. Very enjoyable z
Von chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
I love the energy and emotion of this ficlet!
Aaleiyah JoRayne Hunter chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
I loved it. I really did. Thanks for sharing this!

As Always,

Joee
P.E.E.V.S.Y chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
This was awesome. I loved all of it and it made me smile like a loony for most of it. I especially loved the line that went something like how they were racing with a family heirloom they'd been driving since they were twelve. That was great. I also loved how Dean kept dividing up how much money they made per hour. That was hilarious, especially the jump from .25 cents an hour to 12.50 an hour. Anyway, great story. :-D
TheKritty chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
OMG,this brought a smile onto my face, I'm grinning real wide right now, thank you so much! *sighs happily*

I could picture them so clearly in front of my eyes and I nearly couldn't stop squeeing!

And I loved the touch of angst in the end,with dad and was a touch of sadness too, since they never had so much money and never got to go to Wal-Mart (I neither, since we got no Wal-Mart here in this part of Germany where I live *pouts*)...

Great story!

Kritty
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Ha ha ha ha. Fun times. Catch ya on the flip side.
K-Marie-M chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Never would have thought of that, making legeal money by racing. They would have been doing pretty well. Great story!
Fille de Tsuki chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
I really, really like this story! Very fun. _ Thanks!
elderwitty chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
Very funny! Good to see the boys having fun for a bit. And, of course Metallicar pulls her weight earning the daily bread. She's an integral part of the team, after all.

I agree with all those who say that this:

“Hey.” Charlie jogged up next to the driver’s window. “You’re keeping your passenger?”

“Sure.” Dean shrugged and sent a shifty glance Sam’s way. “There’s nothing…really wrong with him.”

is the funniest line ever. But only because they're right.