Reviews for Repine with Torment
Devi11 chapter 2 . 2/9/2008
I'm greatly enjoying this fic thus far. Looking foward to the next chapter!
Altum chapter 2 . 6/9/2007
I, myself, have never played Final Fantasy VI fully. It's sitting on my dresser, staring me in the eye, and it's just another game on a large pile of other games that I need to revisit, or, in this case, see for the first time. I am familiar with the story, however, and I have to say you're breathing life into a story that never drew me in otherwise.

The writing is superb. Your style is flawless. I literally feel for these characters. I believe the first chapter was amazingly conveyed in a somewhat introspective manner. You really captured how she viewed the future. With this chapter, she expresses it to her true love and gives a final farewell. Two different themes, and both tackled in such a way that I believed every second of it.

Take care and keep writing. You may be one of the best on this site yet!
Sion0083 chapter 2 . 3/10/2007
I like this. I haven't really heard any stories from Edea's POV so this is going on the unique list! I'll stay alert. Keep it up!
Susan chapter 2 . 3/10/2007
I got a feeling from the game that Cid and Edea was a couple that was very much in love and was very devoted to each other. I could feel this in every line of the chapter because you did such a great job in expressing that fact. I also like how you wrote the symptoms of Edea's possession. I would imagine she would have hallucations before Ultimecia gained full control of Edea. This is such a beautifull chapter and I am looking forward to reading the other chapters.
Susan chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
I really enjoyed the first chapter. The characterization , the characters reactions, and the scene was right on the mark. Edea may be a nice lady with a good heart but she is no pushover and she would want nothing to do with Deling. I like how you brought in Edea's possesion by Ultimecia. Realistically, Edea would separate herself from everybody she loved because she knew that there would be a time when Ultimecia will totally take over her body, controlling her actions and words, and making her do things she would never do. I am curious to read what happens next so please update soon.
Ayato chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
Great work.

I've read some of your works and noted you were indeed a better writer than most on fanfiction. This little highlight of Edea's past life was quite interesting. The foreshadowing of Ultimecia taking over her body was great as well.

You characterized Edea with the dignity of a woman which I enjoy. She did not succumb and conform to society's demands, Vinzer Deling offering her a future better than the present she was dwelling in. The manner in which you presented Deling was startling as well, a businessman and politician- the fabricated politeness only used to advance one's purposes.

Great work once more.

PS. If you have time, I need someone to help me edit my works. If you could so be that person, I would love it. :]