Reviews for Devotio Moderna
Guest chapter 13 . 11/28/2014
Great story!
Samantha V chapter 13 . 5/6/2014
This was fantastic! Effortless flow, believable characters and situation with superbly drawn villains. And the layering you've done with all the personalities is very impressive. :)
hajimebassaidai chapter 13 . 6/9/2010
Scary with both mental and physical health seriously risked. Nice vignettes from John's past and Rodney trying to suppress his normal nature to try and save them both; trying to play a game where he doesn't know the rules!

I liked the balance in Carson where the emotional man makes way for the cool, professional doctor.

Brilliant.
hajimebassaidai chapter 4 . 6/7/2010
Loved Rodney pretending to be Caldwell to get John to co-operate. And that he wasn't even going to try being Elizabeth!

*reads* "Her office now contained the following: local pottery, a wall hanging, a desk, a laptop, a pissed off Satedan runner, and a livid Athosian warrior. This was mixed with a concerned Scottish doctor, a gung-ho major and a rational but also concerned Czechoslovakian scientist." *chokes*

Still enthralling and tense with extra helping of menace.
hajimebassaidai chapter 3 . 6/7/2010
Oh that is such a good move on Ronon's part at the end! Loved it!

Also like the thoughtfulness of all the ways a rebellious John could have bumped himself off when he was younger.
hajimebassaidai chapter 2 . 6/7/2010
"Man, if she hated all the variations in his childhood, she was going to completely freak when he joined up and then shipped out to the first Gulf War."

LOL - you got a balance between the horrific and the hilarious going and it just works perfectly!
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Loved the whole "when you should worry" conversation! The humour between John and Rodney in the face of at least the possibility of painful death was great!

Then the properly scary monks and the decidedly unhinged Machine!
sapphtastic chapter 13 . 12/21/2008
What a great read! Thank you. I love the tension in your writing. I find myself having to stop and roll the physical tension out of my shoulders every few chapters. Nice. Also, I really admire the little details, like calling it a saline lock or describing Afghanistan with such realism. Those details, especially the medical ones, really make it feel real to me. Fake medicine is a pet peeve of mine. You either write what you know, or you really do your research. Kudos either way! Can't wait to read something new.
Wraithfodder chapter 13 . 11/18/2008
Whoa. Wow! GREAT story! I saw a recommendation over at livejournal so decided to check it out and am very glad you did. Great whump, angst, and the team :)
Space1Traveler chapter 13 . 7/18/2008
Wonderful, just wonderful!
heartfallen chapter 13 . 11/3/2007
This would make an excellent Atlantis ep. This story is a work of art! Thanks for writing and sharing
Obsessed Pam chapter 13 . 10/23/2007
What a rivetting read! The story was a scorcher, holding me spellbound. What a storyline; I mean to say, how do you come up with such an idea? It was so well done, and every character was portrayed to perfection, even the ones who only figured in this particular story. I found myself disliking Benevolent Father then rethinking my position when he was anxious that Machine was keeping Shep inside for too long, but then I bounced the other way when the horrid monk wanted to put him back in!

I loved the interplay of our usual guys, and even in the midst of such anxiety, you had me laughing over one thing or another, usually because of Rodney, but sometimes Carson and Sheppard had their magical moments.

Your talents as a serious writer are obvious and I would strongly recommend you to write more, if only from the selfish perspective of being a reader who appreciates the fine art of fanfic writing. Many attempt this form, but few can actually make it big. You are colossal!
Obsessed Pam chapter 12 . 10/23/2007
No wonder I like Rodney so much, he's a cat person, just like me. I can relate to him wanting to talk about his cat all the time. It works for me. Can't understand why others don't feel the same.

M, I'm not quite sure who to feel sorry for most of the two when they are forced to endure each other's company 24/7. Will one of them break? Somehow I think they will each aid the other in the healing process.

By the way, the description of John returning to 'normal' after such trauma is quite brilliantly done.
Obsessed Pam chapter 11 . 10/23/2007
You know, Rodney is a great guy; he finds something positive even in the direst of situations (one should be reading a lot of irony in this comment hopefully). His take on Shep being hauled into the jumper over Ronon's shoulder is a classic case. I just loved this.
Obsessed Pam chapter 10 . 10/23/2007
One minute I'm thinking Carson is the hero and then I'm back to Rodney. I must say, he's been a star performer even after all the horrendous torture he's been through. And I would have wanted to exact my own revenge too!

Things aren't looking too good for Shep and with time counting down...