Reviews for Long Way Down, Long Way Home
JaniceC678 chapter 16 . 2/1/2013
Wow...that was really an amazing story! It's now 2:30 a.m and just finished. Poor Dean, so broken and so much guilt and pain. And Sam...so happy he found himself again, but again, so sad that he had to once again let go of his shot at a normal life, and I totally get his temporarily being torn as to what to do. Actually got teary at the end when Dean finally broke down and cried and then when John showed up. Great job.
T.L. Arens chapter 16 . 2/1/2013
Wow! What a great ending! *applause* SUCH a good story! I'm sharing this on the SPN reading list!
Serious thanks your way!
T.L. Arens chapter 15 . 2/1/2013
You did it again; brought me to tears. Ohmigod, I hope I can accomplish something like this in my own writing! I love, love, love how you describe Dean's suffering! No cover-up, no masks; the character was open and exposed and bleeding and I *felt* everything! Thank you so much for this story!
T.L. Arens chapter 7 . 1/31/2013
*wibbles* I really felt 'Tom's' sense of displacement, how everything seemed so overwhelming to him. Poor fellow! At least no one has taken advantage of him, yet. SUCH a good story! I'm so glad I found it! :D
T.L. Arens chapter 6 . 1/31/2013
Holy moly! Dean's little game of chicken made me stop breathing! Dang! There's no doubt that Dean has a deathwish-but then, I always felt that to lose one brother is to lose them both. I'm pretty darn sure Bobby felt that way, too. The boys are so lost without each other... I just kinda wonder if Sam felt something like that at all while he was at Stanford.
And I kinda wondered about his hair; if he felt it was so ridiculously long, he could have trimmed it... maybe?
T.L. Arens chapter 4 . 1/31/2013
Ohmigod. my heart aches for Dean! What a sweet, sad story you've written here! Your narrative is clean, clear and still down-to-earth; I can completely relate and I just feel awful for Dean!
Girl-of-Geekery chapter 16 . 6/7/2012
Oh my gosh, can I just say how wonderful this story is?

It is SO well thought out, planned, the plot fleshed out, in character... It's just amazing.

And the emotion you packed into this...Just wow.

You know, usually if a story is so long (like over 10 chapters), unless I'm really interested, or its particularly well done, I'll skim chapters, or skip words, or read a bit, go away, come back read a bit more, go away.

But I read every single word of this in two days - I just wasn't able to stop.

It was so beautifully written I couldn't help but love it. Just amazing. :)
langeek chapter 16 . 1/17/2011
Oh my freakin' gosh. This story was so stinkin' awesome, I don't know what to say. I'm a sucker for fics where one brother thinks the other is dead - ultimate angst - and this was one of the best. The only part I didn't like at all was the fact that Sam almost didn't return to Dean. But I totally got why he was tempted to stay in the normal life, and I think it was a good addition to his character. And man, poor Dean! I definitely think his reaction was realistic though, given the circumstances. Awesomely amazing job!
Hermione's Shadow chapter 16 . 5/13/2010
that was an awesome story! I totally loved it!
Samantha V chapter 16 . 9/12/2009
Really good story. I agree with the previous poster that a follow up chapter with Dean's recovery would make a nice addition.
jensengirl4eva chapter 16 . 7/7/2009
That was a great ending. I got the water works going on over here...Great story...
mouse8 chapter 16 . 10/21/2008
This is a wonderful story and I think, pre-crossroads Demon, the exact reaction Dean would have to the loss of Sam. He would effectively commit suicide by monster - however protracted that might be. This was a beautiful written chronicle of that journey. I have to admit I would have loved to see more of the aftermath - Sam taking care of him while he fought his way back to health, but it was still excellent. So much so that I searched through live journal and found yours - so I'm on my way to read more of your fics! Yeah!
s2 dean alec jensen chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
I really like your story. At first i thought it was too long been 16 chapters, after the first three. i had to finished it because i got hooked on the story. I loved the ending, how sam & john are there. I loved the way the story is very descriptive and its very true to the show. It makes it feel like this could actually be an episode. I thank you for writing it. I can't give you advice on how to improve it because i can't think of anything.
Silvertayl 57 chapter 16 . 4/14/2008
I have just read your excelent story for the first time, I really enjoyed it and couldn't stop reading until I was finished. It is well written and captivating from start to finish, the last two chapters had me in tears, only one thing thats missing, a sequel, I'd love to know what happened after the night John turned up, so how about it, please. Hope to read more of your stories soon.

Silvertayl
Esquimaux chapter 16 . 4/13/2008
people say that the first thing you remember about an experience is the ending- like the last bit of a chocolate cake- but... the entire story is what i'm going to think of! an amazing plot to it. (by the way... johnny cash is amazing! i love him!)It really shows a softer side to the winchesters!

thanks for writing!