Reviews for How to Make a Trinity Blood OC Work
SmileRen chapter 6 . 6/15/2014
To be honest, I think that harsh criticism goes hand in hand with glowing reviews.

Glowing reviews give you confidence to push forward because you know that people like what you've written and it makes the whole thing worth it.

Harsh criticism is there to help you understand any mistakes you've made and it is sound advice to help you improve so that you can both develop as an author and develop your stories into something others will want and love to read. (Note: Harsh criticism is not the same as a Flame)

Sorry, I'm rambling. Anyway, I found your guide to be extremely helpful in creating my Trinity Blood oc (of course I'm still fleshing her out) and I'm thanking you for that :D
Angry Pencil Wielder chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Very very helpful! You are now my new best friend. Though I was wondering what you thought of my own TB oc.
Her name is Rayna (not really sure where it came from, but it doesn't sound too weird.)
She was one of the few 'test tube baies' to fail the Crusnik program but live. Though the nanomachines did do odd things to her biology. She was later taken to an earth based lab to be studied further. In a last ditch effort to keep gov funding, the program once again injected the nanomachines, this time changing her into a sort of 'deformed' crusnik.
Annnny way, ends up escaping after the war starts, makes a living first as a hooker and thief, then later a merchinary and even assassin.
Winds up being hired by Rosencreutz, then later joins them. In a (smoking hot) relationship with Isaak.
At one point joints the AX as a double agent to gain info.
Rayna is most defiantly not a goody goody. She lies, murders, and manipulates to get what she wants. Her only real loyalties lie with Isaak. She would literally follow him anywhere. Does NOT become a heroine, but does have a slight view change. Fic will be a side story to a larger series about what happens after the end of TB.
Sorry this is so long. Anyhoo! Anyone who gives me tips will be credited when I post the fic (warning, it might take a while) best if you pm me.
Again, great GREAT advise! U rawk gurl!
haniyah chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
xXSunfiredragonXx chapter 5 . 9/9/2012
I hope Ayleth doesnt seem too cliche...
TheGoldenDragonborn chapter 6 . 8/20/2012
Very well thought out and very good advice. I have just started writing fanfic and I have unfortunately gone for a character probably thought of many times before. It's a very rough story but I'm hoping to one day have as thoughtful advice ad you do to give to people. It makes me happy to see there are such good authors on the net who aren't afraid to write what they want.
dubleodre chapter 6 . 4/22/2012
This was very helpful. Thank you :3
Bethanator chapter 6 . 4/27/2011
Thank you! " How to Make a Trinity Blood OC Work" has been vary helpful to me with creating my own OC I've been working on for a while and this has defently helped out a lot. I am also very glad that you mentioned the bad gramar/English sickness that is infecting manny of the fanfiction authors. I, myself beleive it is a nusence and am glad it has been adressed to the public.
ZackFaire13 chapter 6 . 12/21/2009
You are my new best friend. I especially appreciated the rant on lemon fics.
Taroschain chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
This was absolutely brilliant, and desperately needed to be written!

Thank you for addressing the topic of Esther-bashing! To be honest, I think most annoyance people have for her comes mainly not from the actual story, but from fanfictions. For example, it seems many writers have decided Esther is the new black - she goes with everyone. No, really. Everyone.

I must also thank you profusely for pointing out that humans can, indeed, be extremely powerful, and that no, there are no more Crusniks. I have an OC who's a maintenance worker at the Vatican - not even an AX member - so I can get slightly protective over those "mere mortals" that don't seem to be good enough to some.

Lastly, the idea of a seventy year old woman with the hots for Hugue made my day! (It's like the saying goes: "Old age and cunning will beat youth and vitality every time.") Several people have already asked, but would it be okay to use that idea for a short story?

Again, awesome job! XD
Moonshine's Guide chapter 6 . 1/2/2009
This is brilliant.

That is all that I will say at this time.

It's brilliant, and you should be awarded something.

Salderon chapter 6 . 7/19/2008
"But you don’t have to follow the basis and bland way all the time for this is merely an entrance. A character doesn’t have to be shining through the entire story to show a great thing in the plot as she/he can be literally non existent until the climax where it reveals she/he is truly the mastermind."

Like in the Bone Collector. And if YOU don't know what that is WITHOUT going to IMDB, I WILL come and kill you with your small intestine.
revolutionrose chapter 6 . 1/24/2008
Dude, you rule. This guide was awesome! And finally someone adressed the Esther bashing issue. She's not my fav. character but I think she's a good character and she isn't as bad as everyone makes out she is. This guide is going in my favorites!
Libretto chapter 6 . 12/8/2007
Perfect. God bless you ;P I've only found Trinity Blood recently, but it's so nice to see someone's taking action. ... not to sound like a snobby know-it-all, but thankyouthankyouthankyou for putting this guide out there! In all probability though, I think the reason most of these Sues turn out is due to the age of the people who create them ... generally around the 13 years old area, by the sound of it. Lol *shrug* what can you do.

This is a great guide. Hope you didn't get flamed for it. You should really consider writing similar guides for other animes on this website - God knows most ff writers could use one!
iluvsushi chapter 6 . 11/15/2007
Thank you. Someone needed to say it
Aschenhimmel chapter 6 . 10/6/2007
Cool guide. Sues are proliferating nowadays. Authors should read this :)

I try hard not to write a Sue, and I found this helpful. Sometimes you can just slip into the cliche even if you are very, very conscientious with the fic.

Keep writing! :)