Reviews for Memories He Didn't Remember
DeanBean chapter 9 . 4/8/2007
That was a very sweat and well written story,

well done :D

dean-bean

xoxoxoxox
gretchless chapter 9 . 3/30/2007
aww glad deans okay again !
Ani-maniac494 chapter 7 . 3/30/2007
“You lie to me all of the time Dean. You lie about your injuries and your feelings and I am left to clean up after all the messes you make. You promised me you’d shoot if it came to it, but you were lying then. You don’t trust me. You choose to listen to strangers and take information from news clippings before things blow up in our faces and we have to back track. I tell you to go left, you go right. I tell you something is a bad idea or a bad plan and you ignore me. You claim you know better because you are older, and we end up on the run, hiding from the consequences of your actions."

*glares at Sam* He's angry, I understand, but that is not true! He hides things from Dean as well, and Dean has to push him into admitting them. *glares at Sam more* (Wonderful writing, but I have to glare at Sam on principle alone, lol. *continues to glare*)

“My life ended twenty-three years ago. I had it all, Sam. A mom, a dad, a brother, a house with a yard. Then boom, it’s all gone. I had to learn how to be an adult that year. Somebody had to feed you and change you and rock you to sleep. Someone had to be there to cook for dad, and take the bottle of Jack away when he’d had enough, and remind him he was a father. How do you think a kid does all that? You shut down and you hold back and you focus on the making sure the people you love are happy, always before yourself”.

It's wonderful to hear Dean say that aloud. I loved what he said to Sam.

Awesome work! :)

Ani-maniac494 chapter 6 . 3/30/2007
Poor Dean. I know Sam wants him to talk, but he needs to know when to back off as well. *looks pointedly at Sam, lol* I'm someone who likes to keep things to myself too, so I always feel sorry for Dean when Sam is insisting they talk about everything. Now I agree that he needs to, but still, lol. :)

Good work!

Ani-maniac494 chapter 5 . 3/29/2007
"Not all sleep is the same. The sleep you get when you fall into a lumpy, slightly discolored mattress after a long hunt is satisfying and refreshing. The sleep you get when the butt of a rifle strikes your skull is sudden and necessary. The sleep you get when you have fallen into a coma is empty and haunting. And the sleep you get from medication is hard and reviving."

I really enjoy your descriptions. You describe everything in unique way that make the scenes very clear.

"“Okay”, Dean took a deep breath, “I remember the seeing the semi coming out of the corner of my eye, but I didn’t have a chance to say anything before it hit us. I remember feeling a blow and sliding across the seat and slamming my head on the door. Then everything just went white”."

What and eerie memory.

"“Walking through that hospital with no one…those were the longest and loneliest moments of my life. Or after life”."

*falls over laughing* No matter what, he doesn't lose his humor.

Great work!

Ani-maniac494 chapter 4 . 3/29/2007
"Like Sanskrit carved into stone, it was there and you couldn’t change it. Sam added that little gem to the list of things he would hold against John."

You did a great job showing that though Sam still loves and misses their dad he still feels a lot of the old anger he felt before, and a lot of it is on Dean's behalf.

"But now instead of coming from his father they came from Sam and when he looked at his brother he saw a little bit of his father in the boy. So he slid back down the mattress and closed his eyes, content in knowing that if he slept Sam couldn’t question and yell and make him talk."

I loved that way Dean see a shadow of their dad in Sam.

"Sam chuckled at the thought of tying Dean to a chair and forcing him to talk. But no, he would rely on the old standards…puppy dog eyes and soft pleadings.

I'm inclined to agree with Sam. I don't know how well the first one would work, lol. ;)

Amazing work!

Ani-maniac494 chapter 3 . 3/29/2007
"But the reality of the situation was that Dean’s floodgates were starting to give and before long they would break and that river would come rushing in and destroy everything."

Poor Dean. Again, great job with his character. I love the analogy you use. It's wonderful, and very heartbreaking!

But for all the physical changes that appeared in the glass he was pleased that the wounds of battle he wore on his heart and soul could not be seen.

That is an amazing description.

He knew how to clean the wounds and change the air of a situation so it was easier for Sam to handle. But Sam had no idea how to clean these wounds Dean was suffering with.

One more, I love how you said that.

Your writing is wonderful! :)

Ani-maniac494 chapter 2 . 3/29/2007
"With Sam tossed back in the mix, edges become softer. ‘After Care’ instructions were given slowly, feelings were discussed, apologies and thank you’s were thrown around, tearful goodbyes were exchanged and there was always a hug. But never between brothers."

So true, lol. :) It almost makes me think of that scene in Tall Tales. ;) I love also how you show that Sam is the one who ties Dean to goodness... who reminds him he doesn't have to be the hardened soldier all the time.

"Because you see, like the vigilance Dean wore like armor, it was something he did without thinking or even trying. His mind was on autopilot and it buried the late night race to the emergency room, the crash, the medi-vac ride through the air, the days spent out of his body, the distracted father, and the distraught brother. But now it had crept out in the cold February air and found him."

Beautifully written.

"And with that he turned his full attention back to the boob tube."

Lol, I love the hint to Alec. Him and TV, lol. ;)

Incredible work!

Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
I loved the way you described Dean's reaction. I can imagine it so perfectly. The song was the perfect catalyst to use. I love that song, lol. Another friend of mine sent it to me on CD, and I grin every time I hear it. ;)

"That’s when Dean let go. He let one tear fall then he couldn’t stop them from coming. Dean leaned against the shower wall and cried. He cried for everything he lost, for everything he didn’t have, for everything he wanted, for everything he needed, and for everything he feared. And as he cried he took solace in knowing that Sam would never know. Dean washed up and got out of the shower feeling lighter."

I loved that part. So sad, but so much like Dean. He has to be strong for everyone, but by himself, he can finally release some of his emotions.

Awesome work! :)

iluvsprntrl chapter 9 . 3/28/2007
great story! i really enjoyed it! thanks.
heather03nmg chapter 9 . 3/28/2007
Well, you may have tortured poor Dean with panic attacks and depression but at least you fixed him in the end, I just love a happy ending!

My favorite scene, “Yeah, Dean. It is. When Dad got back that Tuesday night he realized that you were unconscious, not asleep. He was all over that motel room getting washcloths and aspirin and coaxing you awake. I had never felt so bad before in my life. You were in pain and unconscious and I was calling you names and hating you. You could have died for all I knew”.

“Sam, you didn’t know. And you didn’t mean it, you were just mad”. And just as the words left Dean’s mouth they came back on him ten fold. He finally looked up and faced Sam’s eyes. To his genuine surprise there was no judgment, no condemnation. Just love. “Pretty slick there, Sammy-boy”.

You allowed Dean to forgive himself and that allowed him to heal, very sweet!

I'll be waiting for your next story, get writing!
princess peanut chapter 9 . 3/28/2007
Perfect ending! I think you wrapped it up really well and fixed our sweet Dean without having to be overly girly and emo. Loved this story. And so glad to hear you have another one in the works. Very anxious for it!

Great fic!
Deanlovr chapter 9 . 3/28/2007
no dissapoint here, dear ! it was fantastic ! thanks for this story, I can't wait to read another one from you ! Good work, and keep going !
Jackline chapter 9 . 3/28/2007
Great? I am waiting for your next fiction!
gretchless chapter 8 . 3/28/2007
oh lets see what sam has to say to that !
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »