Reviews for Meningitis
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
I don't understand me my parents are doctors.
Daisainan Neko chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Wow. This is all good to know, seeing as I, too, am 15. Great story!
batsbloodsoup chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
This was a great story, and accurate, considering I was very close to someone who contracted this awful disease. It's the scariest thing I've ever had to go through, and I pity anyone who either has has it, or has witnessed it. I hope the ones who have lost the battle to it rest in peace.
Lacila chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
I now have all the reason, no matter how much I hate needles, to get meningitis shots. There was an advert on my prescription to get meningitis shots, so I probably should. Its like a sign. (Although I'd kill to get out of shots)
Airka Yumeko chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
That was a nice story, and it had a good message.
Latias876 chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
I love the story! It was very informative and interesting and the two diseases you had mentioned gave me an idea for a new story! Thanks for writing the symptoms at the author's note - saves me the trouble of actually looking it up myself (Yup, I'm really lazy :P).
SephrinaRose chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
I would like you to know that this story means a lot to me. When I was 15 months I was suspected to be critically ill with meningitis. They put me in a room to avoid contamination to others. One day I suddenly got better and the assumption was wrong. It started its spots like a rash on my body. 2 years ago, spots appeared on my body again and my Dad freaked. I was alight though. Thankyou!
Gabby chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
O MY GLOB I LOVED IT
Tairulz chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Wow cool story, i couldnt login for some reason to officially post the review as myself, but i typed my name anyway.

I liked the story :D
xxnarufanxx chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
nice story! i really liked it
f.tastarossa chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Ed , this time you saw the heaven door instead of the truth door huh?
loveandallthat chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I was just really quickly going through the FMA stories (since I started being into it, like, a week ago) and happened to see the words, "to raise awareness" in a summary, so I became intrigued and read the rest of the summary, not even noticing the title, and was like, "a story about meningitis?" I also really like the idea that you wrote a story to raise awareness. Giving a purpose to a fanfiction... Yeah, that appeals to me.

I had a cousin very nearly die of bacterial meningitis when she was 2. I was 13 at the time, so my entire time as a teenager was spent with this thought in the back of my mind. It's good to spread the word. It's been 7 years since then, and she's doing well (she's a bit like I was as a child, actually, I see a lot of myself in her) but it was a similar situation, where any longer without bringing her in and she wouldn't have made it.

This was a really good story, realistically portraying scary, serious things, and it's really awesome that you did that.
CreamsTheDream chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
You did really well with the meningitis symptoms. I actually had meningitis b 2 years ago and it was quite a similar experience to the one you described. The only thing I think you might have been able to expand on was the pain a spinal tap causes, I was fully conscious for mine though I am missing a whole days memory.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Good story. I had Spinal Meningitis twice. Once when I was 8, and then again when I was 14. If it wasn't for my mom's quick thinking both times I wouldn't have made it. I was like Ed, only believing I had a really bad cold. Your story really captured what it was like, and how fast it hits. Great job raising awareness! :)
Littleangel76 chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
i had this at the age of 3 i had to relearn everything after meaning walking talking potty trained i now think how lucky i am to of survived and without amputation of my limbs.